Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sellos on the Camino Verde from Lugo to Sobrado

Time of past OR future Camino
2023 Podiensis, Olvidado, Invierno
A thread a few years ago about the Camino Verde raised the question of whether sellos obtained between Lugo and Sobrado are acceptable at the pilgrims office for the compostela. Getting stamps in Lugo and Sobrado are no problem. It's the other stamp of the day in Friol or elsewhere along the path that I'm wondering about. I'm attracted to the idea of taking the Verde variant to avoid some of the crowds the last couple of days into SdC, plus visiting the monastery is appealing. Considering the Verde is within 100 km of Santiago and the two stamps per day requirement, can someone confirm the Verde variant is fine for the compostela? If there is doubt, I can just stay on the Primitivo through Arzua and O Pedrouzo. This will be my first Camino and I'd like to have the compostela. Departing May 22, 2022 from Villaviciosa!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Do it! The Verde is magical and getting stamps is not problematic.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I think that the question isn't so much "are sellos available?" as "will I qualify for a Compostela if I have stamps from this route?" Is that correct?
Yes, exactly correct. The helpful resource page posted by notion900 (thank you) says stamps are available in Cota, Boveda, and Friol. That's great, but are they accepted at the pilgrims office in SdC as satisfying the requirement for the compostela? I'm hoping someone has literally been down this path and can confirm the stamps are bonafide.

Yes, exactly correct. The helpful resource page posted by notion900 (thank you) says stamps are available in Cota, Boveda, and Friol. That's great, but are they accepted at the pilgrims office in SdC as satisfying the requirement for the compostela? I'm hoping someone has literally been down this path and can confirm the stamps are bonafide.
All stamps are "bona fide" - from bars, restaurants, hotels - does not matter if it is just a commercial address stamp. The distance should not be a problem (as you are starting in Villaviciosa) but the question is whether it is recognised as an official route. And that I can't answer.

Anyone from the Pilgrims Office?

A thread a few years ago about the Camino Verde raised the question of whether sellos obtained between Lugo and Sobrado are acceptable at the pilgrims office for the compostela. Getting stamps in Lugo and Sobrado are no problem. It's the other stamp of the day in Friol or elsewhere along the path that I'm wondering about. I'm attracted to the idea of taking the Verde variant to avoid some of the crowds the last couple of days into SdC, plus visiting the monastery is appealing. Considering the Verde is within 100 km of Santiago and the two stamps per day requirement, can someone confirm the Verde variant is fine for the compostela? If there is doubt, I can just stay on the Primitivo through Arzua and O Pedrouzo. This will be my first Camino and I'd like to have the compostela. Departing May 22, 2022 from Villaviciosa!
The monastery in Sobrado is worth going to enjoy. Along with Lugo and it’s wall.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The Camino Verde is not recognized by the Pilgrims Office (nor by the Tourismo). Under their rule that a pilgrim must walk 100km into Santiago by a “recognized” route they may, note may, decline to issue a Compostela. This lacuna in the PO’s list is unlikely to be corrected anytime soon.
If the OP wishes to be confident of receiving a Compostela they’re advised to comply with all the rules 🙁

The Camino Verde is not recognized by the Pilgrims Office (nor by the Tourismo). Under their rule that a pilgrim must walk 100km into Santiago by a “recognized” route they may, note may, decline to issue a Compostela. This lacuna in the PO’s list is unlikely to be corrected anytime soon.
If the OP wishes to be confident of receiving a Compostela they’re advised to comply with all the rules 🙁
Thank you for this, and so I will. I'll visit Sobrado on a future Camino, in 2023, I hope.

Thank you for your insights Brian!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I walked from Irun, switched to Primitivo and in Lugo opted for the Camino Verde route.
i had no issues to obtain the Compostela, but I am aware that I might have not got it

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.