• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

September 2014 Peregrinos

.... (btw ... this is a hoot)
Joe, it's a plan! I will be sure to keep up my end of the bargain, although I can't promise being memorable at Orisson! I laughed out loud when I read "(btw ... this is a hoot)". I thought I was the only one who used that word. You are a fellow hooter! ;)

I'm sending you and Laurie my best wishes for a buen Camino.

Mary

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Wow! That's quite a journey. I can only imagine the things you'll see and experience along the way. Ultreya!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Joe, it's a plan! I will be sure to keep up my end of the bargain, although I can't promise being memorable at Orisson! I laughed out loud when I read "(btw ... this is a hoot)". I thought I was the only one who used that word. You are a fellow hooter! ;) I'm sending you and Laurie my best wishes for a buen Camino.

Wishes and buen Camino well received and very much appreciated Mary . I hope you experience a Spiritual Epiphony daily and meet a new and exciting person everyday that enriches your world .. our world ..we precious few ... WE .. who Hoot .

Last edited:
Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
which way are you going?
I hope to catch the ferry in Newhaven and start my French walk in Dieppe. Following the Avenue Verte cycle trail ( though as a walker) to Paris I will then try to find the route through Orleans to Bordeaux and the south.

What? Only one?
Speak for yourself Mary :)
Oh, Gerard, you always make me laugh! Absolutely will not stop at one. Toasting is a fine, civilized tradition, don't you think? Bring along a long list of names to toast and I will join you. I will be sure to pack my thimble for the occasion so I can be civilized with you. ;)

Wishes and buen Camino well received and very much appreciated Mary . I hope you experience a Spiritual Epiphony daily and meet a new and exciting person everyday that enriches your world .. our world ..we precious few ... WE .. who Hoot .
Joe, that touched my heart and made me smile at the same time. Well done! Oh, my, every time I read it I chuckle. May God bless you and yours!
Mary

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hullo all you Septembrists!
I booked this yesterday. TGV - Paris to Biarritz - 26 Euros each.

For Tuesday 09 September 2014:
• ETD: Paris-Gare-Montparnasse 12:28
• ETA: Biarritz 17:43
• TGV 8537
• Passengers: 4
• Carriage 8, Seats 11, 12, 13, 14
Price: 104.00 €

Just posting this as I continually hear how expensive trains are from Paris to Biarritz or Bayonne.
The planes must be rilly rilly cheap.
Regds
Gerard

For Tuesday 09 September 2014:
• ETD: Paris-Gare-Montparnasse 12:28
• ETA: Biarritz 17:43
• TGV 8537
• Passengers: 4
• Carriage 8, Seats 11, 12, 13, 14
Price: 104.00 €

Just posting this as I continually hear how expensive trains are from Paris to Biarritz or Bayonne.
Regds
Gerard
Gerard,
How are you getting from Biarritz to SJPP?

Regds
Gerard

Speaking of getting to , when coming from. We hired a taxi to take us directly from Madrid airport to St Jean . After doing the travel math the price pans out to be close to equal to the other option which is .

1. Train from Airport to Atocha/Renfre Station
2 Train from Renfre to Pomplona
3. Hotel/Food
4 Bus/Taxi to St Jean

Thats 1 extra travel day , several meals and lots of activity after a 10+ hr flight . ( btw Laurie get's motion sickeness) .. This frees us for recovery time and some serendipity before heading up the mountain. 500 Euros . flat fee . If your reading this and want to come along for the ride Sept 24 Madrid Airport , 8:00 -8:30 am ... 5 hr ride

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Gerard,
How are you getting from Biarritz to SJPP?
I like to stay at a night or two in Biarritz. Strolling the beach and waterfront, swimming. One of my favorite places. There's a regular local bus, takes 1/2hr, that drops you outside the Bayonne train station. From there the little train rock n rolls up the Nive river valley to St Jean. Takes about an hour and a half.
The journey from Paris to St Jean is as enjoyable and important to me as the Camino itself.
Regds
Gerard

* Sept Camino Starts (plus a couple August tossed in for good luck)
:)
September 5th Calides2014 , TrevorCC , Walsh Camino , Riyanter, Musedoc,WalkCWalk, MichaelSG (Lisboa)
Last edited: Sat 14th 12:03 cst
Hi Joe, Great job on this list!! I'm on the Calendar, but could you please add me to your list -- I leave SJPP on 5 Sept with a few others on your list! Thanks so much!!! Buen Camino to all!!
Terry

Hi Joe, Great job on this list!! I'm on the Calendar, but could you please add me to your list -- I leave SJPP on 5 Sept with a few others on your list! Thanks so much!!! Buen Camino to all!!
Terry

HI There OTH86! Your on the list now . Wow , There's a bunch listed for the 5th Looks like theres gonna be a party in St Jean the 4th!

Joe

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
My name is Lisa Cook from South Carolina and I will be going in early September, but have not finalized my flight plans and may wait until closer to try to get a better deal.
As I posted in another thread, my son and I were planning on doing this together before he died unexpectedly last year. I will be wearing his Clemson hat and solid orange, so will be hard to miss.
Thank you for putting this list together.
Godspeed
Lisa

My name is Lisa Cook from South Carolina and I will be going in early September, but have not finalized my flight plans and may wait until closer to try to get a better deal.
As I posted in another thread, my son and I were planning on doing this together before he died unexpectedly last year. I will be wearing his Clemson hat and solid orange, so will be hard to miss.
Godspeed
Lisa
Lisa, I'm so sorry for your great loss! I pray you find some measure of peace on your Camino. I fly out of Chicago on the 10th of September and will leave SJPP on the 13th for Orisson. I hope we meet on the way. I would love for you to tell me about your son. May God bless you and yours!
Buen Camino,
Mary

Just booked flights. Will arrive in SJPP on August 29. Hope to start on August 31. Am staying at Gite Ultreia. DeadFred, please add me to the calander. This will be my second CF, I did it in Sept. 2012 in 29 days. This time, i plan a lot slower and take in more of the sights and culture!

Buen Camino

Snake

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
[QUOTE=" DeadFred, please add me to the calander. [/QUOTE]
Done ! ,, Buen Camino lhlyda

Godspeed
Lisa
Lisa .. Let us know when you will be starting and if its circa Sept 26 we will look for that Hat and The Orange. SO sorry about your son .

Joe

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Godspeed
Lisa
Hi Lisa,
I am so sorry for your loss! I hope you find wonderful peace on your Camino!
My two girlfriends and myself will be leaving SJPDP on the fifth of September...hope we meet up with you along the way!!
Buen Camino
Debbie

Godspeed
Lisa
Hi Lisa,
I'm so sorry for your loss. Hopefully you'll be able to find some peace on your Camino.
My husband and I arrive in SJPP on Sept. 10th for two nights and will be starting our walk on the 12th just one day ahead of barber1586 aka Mary. Let this forum know when you be starting, so we can all look for you.
Buen Camino
Linda

Hi I'm chris and am starting my camino from SJDP on Sept 12.have booked the following night at Orrison and am hoping to get to Santiago by October 16 as I fly back to OZ on the 21st. Hopefully I will meet some of you along the way .Am getting very excited as the time is drawing closer and this is has been in the pipeline for well over a year !!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Godspeed
Lisa
Lisa,
I'm sorry for your loss. My wife and I hope and pray that everything will go well with you. We are starting The Camino from SJPP on Sept. 1 . Should you start your Camino early in September, please let us know, so that we look for you. Godspeed.

George

Hi I'm chris and am starting my camino from SJDP on Sept 12.have booked the following night at Orrison and am hoping to get to Santiago by October 16 as I fly back to OZ on the 21st. Hopefully I will meet some of you along the way .Am getting very excited as the time is drawing closer and this is has been in the pipeline for well over a year !!
Christine, will you start walking on the 12th or 13th? We are starting the 12th and will be at Orisson that night. If we don't see you in SJPdP , I'm sure we'll see you somewhere along "the way".

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I'm right behind all of you starting on October 1st. Maybe I'll see some of you. Buen Camino! Xo

Yep .. You'll see Laurie & I . We will be in Orission on the 26th , You will be there on Oct 1 , so you will most likely pass us on the 2nd somewhere between Orisson and Roncesvalles ( very slow walkers)

Yep .. You'll see Laurie & I . We will be in Orission on the 26th , You will be there on Oct 1 , so you will most likely pass us on the 2nd somewhere between Orisson and Roncesvalles ( very slow walkers)

I'm going to start out slow. I may take the Valcaros route. Or I'll stay in Hunto or Orisson on Oct 1. I want to take it easy at 1st. Hopefully, I'll meet up with y'all. Xo

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Taozenqi; I too will be leaving from SJPdP on the 9th of September Hope to see you there.
Buen Camino!

Fr Moses
Fr Moses I will be a few days a head of you but I am taking it slow as there are things I missed last time I hope to cross paths with just keep n eye out for the crazy Australian.
Peace

Coleenk
I'm arriving SJPdP on Sept 1st and leaving on Sept 3rd. To Roncesvalles. I'm from Prince George B.C. Canada. My first Camino walk. Walking by myself until a 100km before Santiago. Then meeting up with 4 other friends from Prince George. Looking forward to my walk and meeting lots of new friends.
Coleenk
Hi Coleen nobody is alone on the Camino, I am glad that there will be so many Canadians as I met a group last year and they are very close to my heart.
Trevor

I have 6 weeks . Sufficent enough time to stroll the lane and experience life without deadlines. I set my phone alarm for Oct 28th to remind me I need to wake up to my post-Camino reality .
Hi DeadFred, sorry mate but you are in for a surprise reality as you know it now will never be the same after the Camino as you never stop walking its message of life I am back in less than a year.
Trevor

Godspeed
Lisa
Hi Lisa,
Sorry about your son but you will find he is with you every step.
Peace

Couple added from another Sept 14 List.. Oh Boy , Lot's of us Septemberists!
http://www.caminodesantiago.me/comm...-frances-in-september-2014.18476/#post-221528

August 26th - VATom, Pilgrim Midwife
August 28th - Agnogel
August 31st -Oso, lhlyda
September 1st Kiwi-D , gwDelmar , me.andmyshadow, Ahaj
September 2nd Denis Aldridge , Flaca005
September 3rd Dave 2525, ColeenK, Laelia2 Leandra.Scott
September 4th –clearskies, Katies Dad (Leon) clearskies, el ciervo amarillo( walking from England!)
September 5th Calides2014 , TrevorCC , Walsh Camino , Riyanter, Musedoc,WalkCWalk, MichaelSG (Lisboa), OTH86
September 6th Pippa, Krazykwltr, Carolina Ayala ,Sriyantra
September 7th Trish McGregor , Wiglaura, Denise Aldridge,Denisealldridge,
jessica.vthhiker,September 8th September 9th Monk Moses, taozenqi , mferrara
September 10th
September 11th
September 12th PetiteWalker,itsJann, GerardCarey
September 13th LesBrass, Arkbuilder, Barber1586,ray jay , Christine law
September 14th Walking Man 06, RogerM, Cate A
September 15th Janet Ellen, Marilyn Russell
September 16th Jabaldo
September 17th- Zarniwoop, jessica.vthhiker
eptember 18th
September 19th Holly
September 20th Jamie Archer, AnnieY
September 21st -Adhemar78
September 22nd –jdpiguet
September 23rd -Silvester
September 24th -Annie Little
September 25th
September 26th - DeadFred, Bernatchez M ,organflute, Rachel_1981
September 27th
September 28th
September 29th michryan
September 30th-Lockslay
Oct 1st - awakeningaimee

And a couple Octobers too .

What a motley crew we Sept. Perigrinos are. :)

Will be nice if we do Geoff... We are hoping to complete in 30 days as that is all the time we can get off work .... Getting plenty of walks in the UK every weekend ...

Will be nice if we do Geoff... We are hoping to complete in 30 days as that is all the time we can get off work .... Getting plenty of walks in the UK every weekend ...
Our chances of catching up look like being during the first few days as after that you will race into the distance. Enjoy your training. We will be in London from 16th to 20th and Aberdeen for 3 days before that and will be keen to get our last walks in then before making our way to Biarritz.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
DeadFred, we are starting on 23 Sept., from Roncesvalles. Should be on the Events Calendar. Yes, I checked, it is.
Looks like it is going to be a good crowd. Does everyone have a Forum Patch?

updated 7/6 . Getting closer fellow Peregrinos' !! :)

August 28th - Agnogel
August 31st -Oso, lhlyda
September 1st -Kiwi-D , gwDelmar , me.andmyshadow, Ahaj, Di & George
September 2nd -Denis Aldridge , Flaca005, ndrea
September 3rd -Dave 2525, ColeenK, Laelia2 Leandra.Scott
September 4th –clearskies, Katies Dad (Leon) clearskies, el ciervo amarillo( walking from England!)
September 5th -Calides2014 , TrevorCC , Walsh Camino , Riyanter, Musedoc,WalkCWalk, MichaelSG (Lisboa), OTH86 , David Egglestone,LiesbethSA
September 6th - Pippa, Krazykwltr, Carolina Ayala ,Sriyantra,DaleKathryn
September 7th -Trish McGregor , Wiglaura, Denise Aldridge,Denisealldridge,
jessica.vthhiker,September 8th September 9th Monk Moses, taozenqi , mferrara
September 10th
September 11th
September 12th- PetiteWalker,itsJann, GerardCarey
September 13th -LesBrass, Arkbuilder, Barber1586,ray jay , Christine law
September 14th -Walking Man 06, RogerM, Cate A
September 15th -Janet Ellen, Marilyn Russell
September 16th -Jabaldo
September 17th- -Zarniwoop, jessica.vthhiker
eptember 18th
September 19th -Holly
September 20th -Jamie Archer, AnnieY
September 22nd –jdpigue
September 23rd -Silvester, CaptBuddy(Roncesvalles)
September 25th
September 27th
September 28th
September 29th- michryan
September 30th-Lockslay
Oct 1st - awakeningaimee

We are heading off from SJPDP on 1 September. Getting excited! :)

DeadFred, we are starting on 23 Sept., from Roncesvalles. Should be on the Events Calendar. Yes, I checked, it is.
Looks like it is going to be a good crowd. Does everyone have a Forum Patch?[/QUOT
We leave on the 6th and have a patch. Decided yesterday that our "training" was become a chore and that's not what it is about, so we took our time and walked by the beach, stopped at a French patisserie for coffee and strawberry cream tarts and just enjoyed getting ready for our journey. I also found that I was getting caught up in some of the warnings about the Camino and pickpockets in Madrid and feeling anxious, so I am handing over to whatever great being decided we were to do this and am asking for protection and guidance. I think we are as ready as we can be.

We may??? run into you! Starting Aviles around September 19th or so!! Looks like only a few of us on the del Norte!
I'm hoping to do the Norte though it's my first Camino and haven't quite decided. Arriving Biarritz 10 Sept and thinking of walking from there. My main reason for not doing the CF is the crowding but I may not be fit enough for the Norte. May just decide when I get to Biarritz!!!

I'm hoping to do the Norte though it's my first Camino and haven't quite decided. Arriving Biarritz 10 Sept and thinking of walking from there. My main reason for not doing the CF is the crowding but I may not be fit enough for the Norte. May just decide when I get to Biarritz!!!
Hi Mary Kate,
My husband and I arrive in Bayonne on Sept 10th and take the train to SJPP where will we rest a day and start off on the 12th. Join us and the rest of the crew who will be doing the CF. We are quite a bunch!!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I've not looked in for a while... so many people walking in September... and a few at the same time as me!

... will leave SJPP on the 13th for Orisson... Mary

Mary I'm leaving SJ on the 13th with my husband and we're booked into Orisson. He's returning to SJ and home the next day and I'm walking onwards (hopefully) to Santiago... so perhaps we'll meet at Orisson :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
LesBrass, I'm looking forward to meeting you! Perhaps we will walk a bit of the Way together. I hope so. I'm getting very excited about the coming adventure. 62 days before I leave for France.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Petitewalker - are you leaving SJ on the 12th? We're not leaving until saturday 13th... maybe if you're not too fast and I get the right shoes we'll meet up at some point... let's hope you're not always a day away ;)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Petitewalker - are you leaving SJ on the 12th? We're not leaving until saturday 13th... maybe if you're not too fast and I get the right shoes we'll meet up at some point... let's hope you're not always a day away ;)
We are leaving on the 12th. How many nights will you be in SJPDP? If you are there on the 11th, maybe we can meet up. We will be seeing Barber1586 aka Mary for a quick hello on the 11th. If not, I'm sure we will meet up somewhere along the way. :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
We are leaving on the 12th. How many nights will you be in SJPDP? If you are there on the 11th, maybe we can meet up. We will be seeing Barber1586 aka Mary for a quick hello on the 11th. If not, I'm sure we will meet up somewhere along the way. :)

I only live 4 hours from SJ so we're driving down Friday 12th pm... We're staying at Orrison on the 13th to break the journey... but fingers crossed we'll meet en route for sure!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Any of you mid-September pilgrims spending the night of Sept 15 (Sunday) in Zubiri? I'll be starting there, heading to Burgos.

Any of you mid-September pilgrims spending the night of Sept 15 (Sunday) in Zubiri? I'll be starting there, heading to Burgos.

Hi GreatDane - I'll be in Roncevalles on the 14th... and Zubiri on the 16th... so I'll miss you by a day... hope you have a great walk though!

I just went in to book the Beilari for the 10th but it's all booked up! :( Do you happen to have another suggestion?
Jacqueline. We (4) are staying night of the 11th at L'Aubergue du Pelerin. I've stayed there before and it's quite satisfactory. It's just up the Rue de la Citadelle from Beilari where petitewalker is staying. Mary, barber 1586, is staying at L'Aubergue too.
http://aubergedupelerin.com/index.php
alrushton - Come bang on our door, don't be a stranger.
Regds
Gerard

Jacqueline. We (4) are staying night of the 11th at L'Aubergue du Pelerin. I've stayed there before and it's quite satisfactory. It's just up the Rue de la Citadelle from Beilari where petitewalker is staying. Mary, barber 1586, is staying at L'Aubergue too.
http://aubergedupelerin.com/index.php
alrushton - Come bang on our door, don't be a stranger.
Regds
Gerard
YAYYY I just got booked at the Auberge Du Pelerin for September 10!! Only 60 days left to go!! Buen Camino!!

€60,-
Oops, my post should say I'm spending the night of Monday Sept 15th in Zubiri and walking to Pamplona on the 16th. I had the dates right but the day of the week wrong.

YAYYY I just got booked at the Auberge Du Pelerin for September 10!! Only 60 days left to go!! Buen Camino!!
I think you'll be heading out a day before us (we start on the 12th), but DeadFred has you down for the 12th also. At any rate, let's say hi after dinner on the 10th, your place or ours. I'm pretty sure they are only a few buidings away from each other.

August 28th - Agnogel
August 31st -Oso
September 1st Kiwi-D , gwDelmar , me.andmyshadow, Ahaj
September 2nd Denis Aldridge , Flaca005
September 3rd Dave 2525, ColeenK, Laelia2 ,Leandra.Scott
September 4th –clearskies, Katies Dad(Leon)
September 5th Calides2014 , TrevorCC , Walsh Camino , Riyanter, Musedoc,WalkCWalk, MichaelSG (Lisboa)
September 6th Pippa, Krazykwltr, Carolina Ayala ,Sriyantra
September 7th Trish McGregor , Wiglaura, Denise Aldridge
,Denisealldridge
September 8th –Empty
September 9th Monk Moses, taozenqi, mferrara

September 10th -Empty
September 11th –Empty
September 12th PetiteWalker,itsJann, GerardCarey
September 13th LesBrass, Arkbuilder, Barber1586, rayjay
September 14th Walking Man 06, RogerM, Cate A
September 15th Janet Ellen
September 16th Jabaldo
September 17th- Zarniwoop
September 18th –Empty
September 19th Holly
September 20th Jamie Archer, AnnieY
September 22nd –jdpiguet
September 23rd -Silvester
September 25th - Empty
September 27th
September 28th
September 29th -michryan
September 30th-Lockslay
Last edited: Sat 14th 12:03 cst
You need some alone time!!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I think you'll be heading out a day before us (we start on the 12th), but DeadFred has you down for the 12th also. At any rate, let's say hi after dinner on the 10th, your place or ours. I'm pretty sure they are only a few buidings away from each other.
Yes we will have to do that! I'm pretty sure I put in the 11th on the calendar but when I book the flights I did suggest that it would be the 11th or 12th depending on the jetlag.

updated 7/11. Getting closer fellow Peregrinos' !! :) T minus 75 days until the plane ! Whoa

August 23 -Geoff Stewart, Allister
August 28th - Agnogel, Sami Aaltonen
August 31st -Oso, lhlyda
September 1st -Kiwi-D , gwDelmar , me.andmyshadow, Ahaj, Skudah
September 2nd -Denis Aldridge , Flaca005, ndrea
September 3rd -Dave 2525, ColeenK, Laelia2 Leandra.Scott, Jane Erasmus
September 5th -Calides2014 , TrevorCC , Walsh Camino , Riyanter, Musedoc,WalkCWalk, MichaelSG (Lisboa), OTH86, David Egglestone, LiesbethSA
September 6th - Pippa, Krazykwltr, Carolina Ayala ,Sriyantna, DaleKathryn
September 7th -Trish McGregor , Wiglaura, Denise Aldridge, Denisealldridge,
jessica.vthhiker,
September 8th
September 9th Monk Moses, taozenqi , mferrara
September 10th
September 11th
September 12th- PetiteWalker,itsJann, GerardCarey , Jacquelineharris, alrushton
September 13th -LesBrass, Arkbuilder, Barber1586,ray jay , Christine law
September 14th -Walking Man 06, RogerM, Cate A
September 15th -Janet Ellen, Marilyn Russell
September 16th -Jabaldo, Great Dane (Zubiri)
September 17th- -Zarniwoop, jessica.vthhiker
September 18th
September 19th -Holly, ksam
September 20th -Jamie Archer, AnnieY
September 22nd –jdpigue
September 23rd -Silvester , CaptBuddy(Roncesvalles)
September 25th-s3sfamily(Leon)
September 26th - DeadFred, Bernatchez M , organflute, Rachel_1981
September 27th
September 28th
September 29th- michryan
September 30th-Lockslay
Oct 1st -awakengaimee

Last edited:
Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
I've been looking for a group for interaction of the Septmember 2014 folks and haven't had much success . Figure I would hop in here and start one , then I would get a ton of emails telling me were at least five such threads dwell . If I don't then , Welcome to the only verified , validated, Ivar approved ( I hope :) ) Camino September 2014 Topic( as of 2/6/2014) . All are welcome of course. Except for the Janurary Pilgrims .. cause something just isn't right if your going in Janurary ( Brrrrr)

Joe here , Arkansas , Heading out and up on the 26th to Orission of the Camino Francis with my wife & son . Ticketed and almost equiped . Oh Boy!.
My friend and I will arrive in Leon on September 25 since we only have 2wks to walk…So excited! Looking forward to whatever experiences we are blessed with!

Starting to wake during the night thinking "what ARE you doing!!!"
Sriyantra,

Me, too. I'm down to 59 days to go and feeling unprepared. This forum has been so great. It's an invaluable tool. More than that, it's a security blanket for us first-timers!

Buen Camino to you both!

Mary

Hi Mary,
I'm also leaving SJ on the 13 th ..... And have booked that night at Orisson. Thought I would take it easy initially!!!! Really getting very excited.... So hopefully will meet you along the way.
Chris

Hi Mary,
I'm also leaving SJ on the 13 th ..... And have booked that night at Orisson. Thought I would take it easy initially!!!! Really getting very excited.... So hopefully will meet you along the way.
Chris
Hi, Chris! :)

That's fabulous. LesBrass and her husband will also be at Orisson on the 13th. I am looking forward to meeting you.

When do you arrive in St. Jean? I arrive on the 11th, staying that night at L'Auberge du Pelerin. GerardCarey and Petitewalker and her husband are in town that night as well. I am staying at Beilari on the 12th before heading out on the 13th. Like you, I thought I would take it slow to start.

Mary

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi, Chris! :)

That's fabulous. LesBrass and her husband will also be at Orisson on the 13th. I am looking forward to meeting you.

When do you arrive in St. Jean? I arrive on the 11th, staying that night at L'Auberge du Pelerin. GerardCarey and Petitewalker and her husband are in town that night as well. I am staying at Beilari on the 12th before heading out on the 13th. Like you, I thought I would take it slow to start.

Mary[/QUOT

Hi Mary,

I'm arriving by train from Bordeaux on the 12th and like you am staying at Beilari that night and heading out on the 13th....so hopefully we can team up and walk up,to Orisson.....don't really fancy walking up there on my own !!!! Sounds like there is quite a group .... Fun !!! Am getting very excited about the walk .... A long time planning ... Look forward to meeting you. Chris

Hi Mary,

I'm arriving by train from Bordeaux on the 12th and like you am staying at Beilari that night and heading out on the 13th....so hopefully we can team up and walk up,to Orisson.....don't really fancy walking up there on my own !!!! Sounds like there is quite a group .... Fun !!! Am getting very excited about the walk .... A long time planning ... Look forward to meeting you. Chris
Sounds like a great plan, Chris! I will look forward to that and to meeting you. I'm getting excited, too. All the loose ends are starting to come together. I received my credential yesterday in the mail. :)
Mary

Hi DeadFread and fellow Peregrinos, my name is Jane from Cape Town South Africa :) I am overnighting in Bayonne on the 1st Sept, then by train to SJPdP, staying in Cottage Ultreia on the 2nd, then on to Orrison for the 3rd and then on to Santiago :) by mid October. Hope to meet up with some of you along The Way :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Sounds like a great plan, Chris! I will look forward to that and to meeting you. I'm getting excited, too. All the loose ends are starting to come together. I received my credential yesterday in the mail. :)
Mary
When I received mine earlier this week, I said to myself "You are now an official Perigrino" :D

We arrive in STJDP on the 4th September, have the 5th there having a look around and start walking on the 6th. I feel like going to the "start line" on the 5th and waving off those who are leaving that day! Buen Camino. Haven't got time to write more I need to get out and train! Today it is along the Hervey Bay Esplanade, low 20s in temperature, calm wide bay alongside with beautiful aqua blue water, and more coffee shops than Brazil has to stop at when needed. Want to do 20ks today.

Hi Mary,

Hello Christine - I'm driving down on the 12th - I live about an hour from Bordeaux. We're staying at Maison Errecaldia.

We're going to take it very steady up the hill... stop for a little picnic half way up maybe too. My husband is staying the one night at Orrison and then heading back home... I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.