• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

September 2014 Peregrinos

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Bonjour! This 29 year old swedish guy will be leaving any day now from Montpellier. I just have to solve how I'm gonna get from here to SJPdP the easiest/cheapest way possible :) Will gladly take suggestions, even if this is isn't the right forum for that I presume ;) A bientot!

We like the rest of you who depart in Sept are beyond excited about our up coming life changing experience. We are set, packed and have the world that we know it closed down and on hold till we get back, the middle of November. I will be looking for you all along the way.
Buen Camino to us all

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
August 23 rd-Geoff Stewart, Allister
August 24th- zolarose asger.me
August25th -Angelo
August 26th - VATom, Pilgrim Midwife, Diegomartine
August27th - cinimod
August 28th - Agnogel, Sami Aaltonen
August29th- gimpywalker, Cambridge Pilgrim , Tez, Tony Jansen, Damien Reynolds(Irun)
August 30th -Smtl(+1)
August 31st -Oso, Snake
, Kiwi-d(Pamplona
)
September 1st - gwDelmar , me.andmyshadow, Ahaj, Skudah. OnePerfectStep
September 2nd -Denis Aldridge , Flaca005,Purrrrple Panda , OzAnnie ( Irun), Dutch
September 3rd -Dave 2525, ColeenK, Laelia2 Leandra.Scott, Jane Erasmus, June F, Rain-or-Shine ( Ayako), DQuinn(Debra)
September 4th –clearskies, Katies Dad (Leon), el ciervo amarillo( walking from England!) , Jason Loke , DragonflyAnnie & OzJacko, Barabara Teresa Bates( +1), TonyC( Tony & Barbara), ndrea

September 5th -Calides2014 , TrevorCC , Walsh Camino , Riyanter, Musedoc, WalkCWalk, MichaelSG (Lisboa), OTH86, David Egglestone, LiesbethSA , Linda Wentzel Hetty & Gerald van Gurp, Ward Carson, Rcamargo, nigeloz, Sheri Campbell
September 6th - Pippa, Krazykwltr, Carolina Ayala ,Sriyantra, DaleKathryn,Pawel,Basquefan1(Le Puy), Paul Pickford
September 7th -Wiglaura(+ 8) , Denisealldridge,jessica.vthhiker,Wolfdog , alian. Fr (Pomplona ), twobats(John & Tracey ,Pomplona), Halfang, Liz
September 8th
September 9th Monk Moses, taozenqi , mferrara , Valgongs,
September 10th -Gretchen Hirni, Mary Kate ( Biarritz , Norte) , Carrollnova , kiwidub

September 11th-Jacquelineharris ,Jennie and her sister Linda, Cathy Mahoney,LakaPaka
September 12th- PetiteWalker,itsJann, GerardCarey, alrushton, Ashley Benner, Rorik,Vivello, LesBrass (Roncevalles)
September 13th - Arkbuilder, Barber1586,ray jay , Christine law, Don Hoff (Astroga)
September 14th -Walking Man 06, RogerM, Cate A ,Gardengirl
September 15th -Janet Ellen, Marilyn Russell
September 16th -Jabaldo, GreatDane (Bizkaretta (Corazon Puro)), twojay54, Janicelee
September 17th- -Zarniwoop, jessica.vthhiker, Kathleen de Montreal
September 18th- nidarosa(Astorga) , drvnsmiln (Fran & Kathy) ,Kerrychick

September 19th -Holly, ksam, Dennis & Lisa, soleprint(Pomplona), eagleak(6)
September 20th -Jamie Archer, AnnieY, gidivet(Pomplona),TarynAnn, Sushi1

September 21st -Adhemar78,Griffin57(Burgos)
September 22nd –jdpigue ,Seamas O'Muireadhaigh
September 23rd -Silvester, CaptBuddy(Roncsvalles), gmonkey(Burgos?/Leon?), JoeNYC ,onelight ,marylynn, SooYunKim, michryan
September 24th -Annie Little
September 25th-s4sfamily(Leon), sooh(Pomplona), Daleen Slabbert
September 26th - DeadFred, Bernatchez M , organflute, Rachel_1981
September 27th - Jgun87, Kristina Wilkening, MileHighPair(2)
September 28th
September 29th-
September 30th-Lockslay , Mr Smirky
Oct 1st -awakengaime
Here's some interesting Camino stats shared by Johnny Walker for the first 6 months of 2014
http://www.johnniewalker-santiago.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
"They" say that the Camino is also about how you deal with disappointment. On the stage from Torres del Rio to Logroño my complete bag with all my meds disappeared, some of them are of the pack and go home type. The latter was my first reaction: sorry Tony, go home. Called my wife and she immediately started calling all people involved and today I was able to pick up new prescriptions at the farmacia im Navarrete, and also had a bit of a rest day, only 13km of walking.
Still a bit shaken by the thought that people don't care whether you need those pills or not, but I decided to leave it behind me. Some people are that way but most people are not.
Anyway, that was my first run in with the unexpected. Up and walking again in five hours, it will be blistering hot by noon, 35c, I wonder if I will be able to keep my feet blister free.

Buen Camino!

"They" say that the Camino is also about how you deal with disappointment. On the stage from Torres del Rio to Logroño my complete bag with all my meds disappeared, some of them are of the pack and go home type. The latter was my first reaction: sorry Tony, go home. Called my wife and she immediately started calling all people involved and today I was able to pick up new prescriptions at the farmacia im Navarrete, and also had a bit of a rest day, only 13km of walking.
Still a bit shaken by the thought that people don't care whether you need those pills or not, but I decided to leave it behind me. Some people are that way but most people are not.
Anyway, that was my first run in with the unexpected. Up and walking again in five hours, it will be blistering hot by noon, 35c, I wonder if I will be able to keep my feet blister free.

Buen Camino!
Sorry you had to deal with that Tony, but glad you were able to get it resolved. Quick question..... did they take your whole backpack or just your small bag of meds and did this happen in the albergue?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Tony , Tough one that is . That truly suxs. Glad you and your wife are good at damage control and saved the day . What were the circumstances on the thief?.. Knowing this might help us all learn something .

Buen Camino!
What a shame! Good for you that you were able to overcome the disappointment of others and carry on. We are all tested at times and with the assistance of others (that truly matter and care) we can make a difference. You were not meant to go home yet, so I wish you a continuous and safe travel. Thank you for mentioning what happened as it's a reminder to all of us getting ready to head out, that we need to always be aware of our surroundings and others. I agree that most are not all bad but it is the few to be aware of. Buen Camino :)

I've been looking for a group for interaction of the Septmember 2014 folks and haven't had much success . Figure I would hop in here and start one , then I would get a ton of emails telling me were at least five such threads dwell . If I don't then , Welcome to the only verified , validated, Ivar approved ( I hope :) ) Camino September 2014 Topic( as of 2/6/2014) . All are welcome of course. Except for the Janurary Pilgrims .. cause something just isn't right if your going in Janurary ( Brrrrr)

Joe here , Arkansas , Heading out and up on the 26th to Orission of the Camino Francis with my wife & son . Ticketed and almost equiped . Oh Boy!.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Sorry you had to deal with that Tony, but glad you were able to get it resolved. Quick question..... did they take your whole backpack or just your small bag of meds and did this happen in the albergue?

Tony , Tough one that is . That truly suxs. Glad you and your wife are good at damage control and saved the day . What were the circumstances on the thief?.. Knowing this might help us all learn something .

The only candidate I can come up with is the Albergue in Torres del Rio. But it remains a speculation.
Someone must have seen me busy with it since it was stashed away between bags with clothes in my backpack.
I guess the only option is to carry those on the body too, but that becomes tough after a while with all the other stuff I'm already close. Instead I now have all documents/recipes/prescriptions readily available online now, just in case. And I stopped worrying about it.

Buen Camino!

Buen Camino!
Hey Tony - Sorry you had to deal with this, but good for you on moving forward. Reminds me of a great quote from Charles Swindoll regarding "Atttitude".
It goes as follows - “The longer I live the more I realize the impact of attitude in life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think, say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company. . a church . . a home. The remarkable thing is, we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past. We cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you . . . we are in charge of our attitudes”
-- Charles Swindoll --

Buen Camino!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Totally bummed about your story...did someone grab it while you dined or at the Albergue??? I would like to know what the story is on what happen, it will help me out on what to do or not to do on my first Camino. I have to give you and your wife major credit to have recovered from this loss. Keep us posted on the rest of your Camino...Buen Camino. Troy

Starting walk on September 15th after months of planning. Here is my very amateur video of what I've packed.
I am very impressed that all equals 15 lbs. Please clarify: everything you showed us except the boots is an all-up pack weight of 15? I agree with all you've packed. I have the Gregory Z55, same pack but a bit bigger &similar weight; lighter sandals and jackets, heavier sleeping bag and toiletries, and I'm looking at 30lbs. Not including the clothes on my back, hiking poles, food/water, but I *am* including guidebook & phrasebooks, phone charger/cables/spare battery, empty camelbak bladder, headlamp. But seemingly not 15lbs more! I'm gone for 7 wks, so a couple more socks and 2nd hiking pants/shorts. Aaarrgh!

Buen Camino!

Tony that's a really really sad thing to have happened! But what a star for the way you've handled it! That's a little lesson for me to make some plans... I really do need my meds so if it makes you feel any better, I'm really grateful for this lesson!

Now go and have a brilliant camino! :D

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yesterday I got good and bad news - the job I wanted was offered to me but has to be done by December, meaning I might not be able to go walking in September! As a freelance I can't afford to say no but I think I have decided to go anyway. Just have to do more when I come home. Hope to see some of you soon!

I am very impressed that all equals 15 lbs. Please clarify: everything you showed us except the boots is an all-up pack weight of 15? I agree with all you've packed. I have the Gregory Z55, same pack but a bit bigger &similar weight; lighter sandals and jackets, heavier sleeping bag and toiletries, and I'm looking at 30lbs. Not including the clothes on my back, hiking poles, food/water, but I *am* including guidebook & phrasebooks, phone charger/cables/spare battery, empty camelbak bladder, headlamp. But seemingly not 15lbs more! I'm gone for 7 wks, so a couple more socks and 2nd hiking pants/shorts. Aaarrgh!
yes I couldn't work out the sums on this either!

Yesterday I got good and bad news - the job I wanted was offered to me but has to be done by December, meaning I might not be able to go walking in September! As a freelance I can't afford to say no but I think I have decided to go anyway. Just have to do more when I come home. Hope to see some of you soon!
for very different reasons I have a dilemma too - decisions, decisions mmmmm

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
It's getting quiet on this thread. I'm think'n we are all getting a bit nervous, I know I am. 1st it was months, then weeks, now it's only 5 more sleeps. I also figure that huge Sept. 5th croud is somewhere in route getting ready for their big walk tomorrow. I hope you guys manage to get a few glasses of vino tinto in tonight before you say nitey nite!!!!!!!

It's getting quiet on this thread. I'm think'n we are all getting a bit nervous, I know I am. 1st it was months, then weeks, now it's only 5 more sleeps!

You're getting nervous? I'm not due to start walking until next April and I'm already wetting my breeks!

I've told my wife what I am planning to do but she just thinks it is a pipe dream.
I've told my daughter (25) and she says I mustn't duck out
I've told my son (18) who just doesn't believe it will a) happen and if it does b) I'll never make it!

Oddly enough that assorted set of attitudes makes me even more determined to attempt it.

Nothing venture nothing gain.

I read a article back in 1982 about the Camino and decided that it was something that I would do...now 30 plus years later, I have the time to do it. I was a young and healthy young man in 1982, but now I am dealing with a bad back, heart issues, a few more pounds and a couple car accidents that haven't helped my body much. not to mention a surgery a couple weeks after I return from my Camino to remove a few tumors that my doctor told me to go now while I can. I'm very nervous of the limits of my body and the strength of my mind. I hope you can get passed your nerves and hit the trail....I've been second guessing myself on a daily basis, but I will toss the dice and see what happens and hope you do too...Buen Camino.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I've been looking for a group for interaction of the Septmember 2014 folks and haven't had much success . Figure I would hop in here and start one , then I would get a ton of emails telling me were at least five such threads dwell . If I don't then , Welcome to the only verified , validated, Ivar approved ( I hope :) ) Camino September 2014 Topic( as of 2/6/2014) . All are welcome of course. Except for the Janurary Pilgrims .. cause something just isn't right if your going in Janurary ( Brrrrr)

Joe here , Arkansas , Heading out and up on the 26th to Orission of the Camino Francis with my wife & son . Ticketed and almost equiped . Oh Boy!.
Hi Joe I am heading to Orission on the 26th this month I don't what to do the long walk on the first day , need to take it easy for the first few days. Hoping to do the full trip.

You're getting nervous? I'm not due to start walking until next April and I'm already wetting my breeks!

I've told my wife what I am planning to do but she just thinks it is a pipe dream.
I've told my daughter (25) and she says I mustn't duck out
I've told my son (18) who just doesn't believe it will a) happen and if it does b) I'll never make it!

Oddly enough that assorted set of attitudes makes me even more determined to attempt it.

Nothing venture nothing gain.

You go Bystander!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hi Joe I am heading to Orission on the 26th this month I don't what to do the long walk on the first day , need to take it easy for the first few days. Hoping to do the full trip.
You'll be happy to know DeadFred and his better half;) will be heading up the hill with you on the 26th, so you can have a toast with him at Orisson. Hope you have reservations, as there are only 18 beds.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
It's getting quiet on this thread. I'm think'n we are all getting a bit nervous, I know I am. 1st it was months, then weeks, now it's only 5 more sleeps. I also figure that huge Sept. 5th croud is somewhere in route getting ready for their big walk tomorrow. I hope you guys manage to get a few glasses of vino tinto in tonight before you say nitey nite!!!!!!!

I picked up on the quite too petitewalker . It's akin to a reality shock .. such as "Oh S*it its actually happening!" .
So , it's now 3:28 am Sept 5th which could mean they are all tucked in fast asleep ready for first steps up the hill soon . (hope their not to vino tinto'ed )

Five sleeps for you and and not much longer for us 26ers . Laurie and I are still jettisoning stuff from our backpacks , whittling down the lbs. 15lbs , tough target

Hi Kathy! As my friend petitewalker mentioned above, Laurie and I are also heading there on the 26th , Yes, agree , easy goes it for a week then see how it feels . .. We are leaving early to avoid any heat which tends to kick our behinds then hang out at those lofter climes mid-day at Orission .

We will be coming into St Jean on the 24th from Madrid . This gives us a chance to kick back and check out the town . If we don't bump into you in town, will see you at Orission!

Joe

August25th -Angelo
August27th - cinimod
August29th- gimpywalker, Cambridge Pilgrim , Tez, Tony Jansen, Damien Reynolds(Irun)
August 30th -Smtl(+1)
August 31st -Oso, Snake
, Kiwi-d(Pamplona
)
September 2nd -Denis Aldridge , Flaca005,Purrrrple Panda , OzAnnie ( Irun), Dutch
September 3rd -Dave 2525, ColeenK, Laelia2 Leandra.Scott, Jane Erasmus, June F, Rain-or-Shine ( Ayako), DQuinn(Debra)
September 4th –clearskies, Katies Dad (Leon), el ciervo amarillo( walking from England!) , Jason Loke , DragonflyAnnie & OzJacko, Barabara Teresa Bates( +1), TonyC( Tony & Barbara), ndrea

September 5th -Calides2014 , TrevorCC , Walsh Camino , Riyanter, Musedoc, WalkCWalk, MichaelSG (Lisboa), OTH86, David Egglestone, LiesbethSA , Linda Wentzel Hetty & Gerald van Gurp, Ward Carson, Rcamargo, nigeloz, Sheri Campbell
September 6th - Pippa, Krazykwltr, Carolina Ayala ,Sriyantra, DaleKathryn,Pawel,Basquefan1(Le Puy), Paul Pickford
September 7th -Wiglaura(+ 8) , Denisealldridge,jessica.vthhiker,Wolfdog , alian. Fr (Pomplona ), twobats(John & Tracey ,Pomplona), Halfang, Liz
September 8th
September 10th -Gretchen Hirni, Mary Kate ( Biarritz , Norte) , Carrollnova , kiwidub

September 11th-Jacquelineharris ,Jennie and her sister Linda, Cathy Mahoney,LakaPaka
September 12th- PetiteWalker,itsJann, GerardCarey, alrushton, Ashley Benner, Rorik,Vivello, LesBrass (Roncevalles)
September 13th - Arkbuilder, Barber1586,ray jay , Christine law, Don Hoff (Astroga)
September 16th -Jabaldo, GreatDane (Bizkaretta (Corazon Puro)), twojay54, Janicelee

September 23rd -Silvester, CaptBuddy(Roncsvalles), gmonkey(Burgos?/Leon?), JoeNYC ,onelight ,marylynn, SooYunKim, michryan
September 28th
September 29th-
Oct 1st -awakengaime
Here's some interesting Camino stats shared by Johnny Walker for the first 6 months of 2014

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi DeadFred
Could you please note Leon next to me on 23 September? I'm guessing that many of the folks who left SJPP on the first couple of days of September might be around when I get there. I'll be doing the Salvador though and planning to stay at Madres Benedictinas.
Thanks
Mary

August25th -Angelo
August27th - cinimod
August 30th -Smtl(+1)
August 31st -Oso, Snake
, Kiwi-d(Pamplona
)
September 5th -Calides2014 , TrevorCC , Walsh Camino , Riyanter, Musedoc, WalkCWalk, MichaelSG (Lisboa), OTH86, David Egglestone, LiesbethSA
, Linda Wentzel Hetty & Gerald van Gurp, Ward Carson, Rcamargo, nigeloz, Sheri Campbell

September 8th
September 17th- -Zarniwoop,jessica.vthhiker, Kathleen de Montreal, Shaffers(2), swaziDale

September 23rd -Silvester (Leon) , CaptBuddy(Roncsvalles), gmonkey(Burgos?/Leon?), JoeNYC ,onelight ,marylynn, SooYunKim, michryan

September 26th - DeadFred, Bernatchez M , organflute, Rachel_1981, KatieChester
September 28th-Santiago _67(Logroño)

September 29th-
Oct 1st -awakengaime

Last edited:

Hi Joe. Me and Mrs Shaffers leave SJ on the afternoon of 17th Sept, we want to take a good look around the old part of town and I want to try to get into the spirituality vibe of the Camino experience if my shallow mind will allow it! We are booked in at Orisson that night.
Think I know LesBrass from one of the French forums, we've been exchanging encouragement there.
Buen camino to all, hope to see some of you en route. ( ought to put my ID on the ruksak :))

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Joe. Me and Mrs Shaffers leave SJ on the afternoon of 17th Sept, we want to take a good look around the old part of town and I want to try to get into the spirituality vibe of the Camino experience if my shallow mind will allow it! We are booked in at Orisson that night.
Think I know LesBrass from one of the French forums, we've been exchanging encouragement there.
Buen camino to all, hope to see some of you en route. ( ought to put my ID on the ruksak :))

Hope you find your vibe and hope you have a great Camino!

Uuuuuu your coming into the green zone :) .. Nervous? btw . whos going to remind me to "add folks to the list : :(

September 12th- PetiteWalker, itsJann, GerardCarey, alrushton, Ashley Benner, Rorik,Vivello, LesBrass (Roncevalles)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Starting walk on September 15th after months of planning.
Hi JanetEllen, Great video. I may see you on the trail. I am starting in Bizkarreta (about half way-ish between Roncevalles and Zubiri) on the 16th.

Uuuuuu your coming into the green zone :) .. Nervous? btw . whos going to remind me to "add folks to the list : :(

September 12th- PetiteWalker, itsJann, GerardCarey, alrushton, Ashley Benner, Rorik,Vivello, LesBrass (Roncevalles)

We just sprayed our packs and sleeping bags with Permethrin, so our training walks are now officially over. May go for a short 5 miler (can not believe I now think 5 or 6 miles is a short stroll) this weekend just to keeps the joints and muscles moving.
SO AM I GETTING NERVOUS....................YOU BET !!!!!!!!!!!
BTW...Maybe Mr Smirky can remind you to add folks as he's not starting till the 30th. :) :) "Got that Mr Smirky"

The only candidate I can come up with is the Albergue in Torres del Rio. But it remains a speculation.
Someone must have seen me busy with it since it was stashed away between bags with clothes in my backpack.
I guess the only option is to carry those on the body too, but that becomes tough after a while with all the other stuff I'm already close. Instead I now have all documents/recipes/prescriptions readily available online now, just in case. And I stopped worrying about it.

Buen Camino!
thats so awful,, you may have really really needed those meds ,if you had not been able to replace them it could have been life threatening !!i really hope the rest of your camino goes well ,difficult not to let this hang over you in a very bad way,,well done for not sounding too angry.lesson learned,,sadly a reminder that scumbags are everywhere..

€46,-
Last sleep in blighty. Travel tomorrow to sjpdp.
Then a week or so until Logroño, then back to reality for me!

This is real, not sure how long I'll be asleep for!
If you see me say hello! :)

pdated 8/6

August25th -Angelo
August27th - cinimod
August29th- gimpywalker

August 31st -Oso, Snake , Tony Jansen
September 1st -Kiwi-D , gwDelmar , me.andmyshadow, Ahaj, Skudah
September 2nd -Denis Aldridge , Flaca005, ndrea,Purrrrple Panda , OzAnnie ( Irun), Dutch
September 3rd -Dave 2525, ColeenK, Laelia2 Leandra.Scott, Jane Erasmus
September 4th –clearskies, Katies Dad (Leon) clearskies, el ciervo amarillo( walking from England!) , Jason Loke , DragonflyAnnie
September 5th -Calides2014 , TrevorCC , Walsh Camino , Riyanter, Musedoc,WalkCWalk, MichaelSG (Lisboa), OTH86, David Egglestone, LiesbethSA , Linda Wentzel Hetty & Gerald van Gurp, Ward Carson, Rcamargo, nigeloz
September 6th - Pippa, Krazykwltr, Carolina Ayala ,Sriyantna, DaleKathryn,Pawel, RMckay(Russ and Jan)

September 7th -Trish McGregor , Wiglaura(+ 8) , Denisealldridge,jessica.vthhiker,Wolfdog , alian. Fr (Pomplona )
September 8th
September 9th Monk Moses, taozenqi , mferrara , Valgongs
September 10th
September 11th-Jacquelineharris ,Jennie and her sister Linda, Cathy Mahoney
September 12th- PetiteWalker,itsJann, GerardCarey, alrushton, Ashley Benner, Rorik
September 13th -LesBrass, Arkbuilder, Barber1586,ray jay , Christine law, Don Hoff (Astroga)
September 14th -Walking Man 06, RogerM, Cate A
September 16th -Jabaldo, Great Dane (Zubiri), twojay54, Janicelee
September 18th
September 19th -Holly, ksam
September 20th -Jamie Archer, AnnieY
September 21st -Adhemar78
September 22nd –jdpigue
, SĂ©amas Ă“Muireadhaigh
September 23rd -Silvester, CaptBuddy(Roncsvalles), gmonkey(Burgos?/Leon?), JoeNYC
September 25th-s4sfamily(Leon), sooh(Pomplona)
September 27th - Jgun87
September 28th
September 29th- michryan
September 30th-Lockslay
Oct 1st -awakengaime

Here's some interesting Camino stats shared by Johnny Walker for the first 6 months of 2014 http://www.johnniewalker-santiago.blogspot.com/

Dead Fred....please add me to start Sept. 17. Thanks! SwaziDale

... my appointment is the 5th September... one week before I walk! My doctor wont give me the OK to walk until after a positive outcome from this ... and I can't walk without my docs consent as he prescribes my medication and normally only 4 weeks at a time...

He said YES!!! I can pack my bag now as it looks like i hit the road in less than a week!!! Happy Happy Days! :D :D :cool:

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
He said YES!!! I can pack my bag now as it looks like i hit the road in less than a week!!! Happy Happy Days! :D :D :cool:
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!So happy for you Lesbras. We'll now be a day behind you, but I bet we'll see you on the way. What does your backpack look like. I'll be the short one with the purple osprey sirrus pack and my hubby's is scream'n green and he's kinda short too! :D:D:D:D

Hey Katy

I'm leaving SJPP on the 26th as well. Hope to see you and have a chat. Buena suerte with all the preparations :) See you in a couple of weeks!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I picked up on the quite too petitewalker . It's akin to a reality shock .. such as "Oh S*it its actually happening!" .
So , it's now 3:28 am Sept 5th which could mean they are all tucked in fast asleep ready for first steps up the hill soon . (hope their not to vino tinto'ed )

Five sleeps for you and and not much longer for us 26ers . Laurie and I are still jettisoning stuff from our backpacks , whittling down the lbs. 15lbs , tough target
Hey Joe - The packing inventory is quite a consuming thing for me right now as well. It appears we will most likely have very nice weather the first 1/2 or 3/4 and then .......... who knows. Trying to pack for all possibilities without too much weight. How does one do that :)?

We just sprayed our packs and sleeping bags with Permethrin, so our training walks are now officially over. May go for a short 5 miler (can not believe I now think 5 or 6 miles is a short stroll) this weekend just to keeps the joints and muscles moving.
BTW...Maybe Mr Smirky can remind you to add folks as he's not starting till the 30th. :) :) "Got that Mr Smirky"
A few "short strolls" on Siesta Key Beach would seem the perfect way to prepare for your trip. Buen Camino Petite Walker!

A few "short strolls" on Siesta Key Beach would seem the perfect way to prepare for your trip. Buen Camino Petite Walker!
Sorry Bernatchez...... we are now in upstate NY where we spend our summers. Much cooler for training than Sarasota's 93 + temps. Siesta Key will have to wait till we get back from our Camino.:D:D:D:D

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hey Joe - The packing inventory is quite a consuming thing for me right now as well. It appears we will most likely have very nice weather the first 1/2 or 3/4 and then .......... who knows. Trying to pack for all possibilities without too much weight. How does one do that :)?
Wing it!!!

Don't worry, you'll soon think of 10s and 15s as short strolls
Buen Camino!

Sorry Bernatchez...... we are now in upstate NY where we spend our summers. Much cooler for training than Sarasota's 93 + temps. Siesta Key will have to wait till we get back from our Camino.:D:D:D:D
It's Michael btw -- Even better to train in the cooler weather, enjoy a wonderful Camino experience and then reflect on it during the winter months on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world :) Buen Camino to you and your husband!!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Don't worry, you'll soon think of 10s and 15s as short strolls
Buen Camino!
Tony, I'm sure you are right. Even 15K's do not seem terrribly long. We have set our daily goal(except for day 1 and 2) to be between 20 -23K's. We have plenty of time and do not want to rush through our Camino. This will still give us time to relax a few days, spend a few in Santiago and go to Muxia.

Hey Joe Trying to pack for all possibilities without too much weight. How does one do that :)?

Michael , I'm starting to think packing Euros would be the most sense-able solution to saving weight ,picking up some essentials in Pamplona. I'm pondering whether or not to take 2 pairs of hiking boots or leave one pair behind and grab a pair of hiking sandels when I get there. Decisons.

I hope your right about that weather !.

August25th -Angelo
August27th - cinimod
August 30th -Smtl(+1)
August 31st -Oso, Snake
, Kiwi-d(Pamplona
)
September 5th -Calides2014 , TrevorCC , Walsh Camino , Riyanter, Musedoc, WalkCWalk, MichaelSG (Lisboa), OTH86, David Egglestone, LiesbethSA
, Linda Wentzel Hetty & Gerald van Gurp, Ward Carson, Rcamargo, nigeloz, Sheri Campbell

September 8th
September 17th- -Zarniwoop,jessica.vthhiker, Kathleen de Montreal, Shaffers(2), swaziDale

September 23rd -Silvester (Leon) , CaptBuddy(Roncsvalles), gmonkey(Burgos?/Leon?), JoeNYC ,onelight ,marylynn, SooYunKim, michryan

September 29th-
Oct 1st -awakengaime

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
August25th -Angelo
August27th - cinimod
August 30th -Smtl(+1)
August 31st -Oso, Snake
, Kiwi-d(Pamplona
)

September 8th

September 29th-
Oct 1st -awakengaime
WOW.......................Look at all the September Peregrinos that are on the Camino right now. Actually they are sleeping/snoring in a Albergue or Hotal as I write this!

It's Michael btw -- Even better to train in the cooler weather, enjoy a wonderful Camino experience and then reflect on it during the winter months on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world :) Buen Camino to you and your husband!!
Hey Michael, Buen Camino to you too.
I'm envious that you are going to be walking with my Good friend Joe who I am most likely not going to be able to meet on the Camino. Please buy him glass of vino tinto for me and thank him for a job well done on this thread! :) Where would we be without him?

€149,-
Buen Camino fellow Sep14'ers. I'm flying out this Friday for my SJPDP start on 16th. I'm doing a practice pack this arvo so I hope it all fits. Happy Father's Day everyone, John
Wasn't Fathers Day in June?;)

I'm envious that you are going to be walking with my Good friend Joe who I am most likely not going to be able to meet on the Camino. Please buy him glass of vino tinto for me and thank him for a job well done on this thread! :) Where would we be without him?
I most definitely will do that petitwalker. He is legendary on the forum and I have a feeling that Joe in the flesh will not disappoint either :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Yes, everything I showed except the boots, clothes I'm wearing, hiking poles and water is 15 lbs packed in the Gregory J38. Perhaps you clothing is larger and heavier?

Greetings from Puente La Reina after a tough hike over the Alto del Perdon from Pamplona. 4 days in and thoroughly enjoying this Camino. Met forum members too @trevorcc and @jasonloke in St Jean before myself and @ndrea started off. Have been walking with David Egglestone also,can't think of the nick, sorry Dave!! :) next pint is on me! Also to @Jane Erasmus it was great to meet you! Buen Camino to you all. Another week left for me until I head back to Dublin.

Greetings from Puente La Reina after a tough hike over the Alto del Perdon from Pamplona. 4 days in and thoroughly enjoying this Camino. Met forum members too @trevorcc and @jasonloke in St Jean before myself and @ndrea started off. Have been walking with David Egglestone also,can't think of the nick, sorry Dave!! :) next pint is on me! Also to @Jane Erasmus it was great to meet you! Buen Camino to you all. Another week left for me until I head back to Dublin.
Hola Dave,
Just got to Cizur Menor. Was a hard yesterday, the albergue at Larrasoana was closed.

Leaving for Paris in 27 hours, planning to stay three days there, then train to Bordeaux for a night, then on through Bayonne to St. Jean. Start walking on the 14th!
I'm either very excited or frightened, not sure which.

You humble me :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello fellow september Amigos,

I will be arriving in Paris 16th september and making my way to st jean through bayonne. I am planning to leave st jean on 20th september and I have my reservation for 20 sept at Orisson.

I look forward to meeting new faces along the way

Buen Camino
I will be in St Jean on the evening of the 19th of September and leaving in the morning...are any of the folks willing to meet this evening before our departing on our journey wanting to meet up for a light dinner to discuss the Camino before we depart??? I'm staying near the train depot and would like to spend a hour or two going over things...any idea's on where there is great food and atmosphere to have a Camino meeting??? If any SJPDP experts out there can suggest a nice café or restaurant to have a nice "Public" meeting place, please post some ideas. I will be getting my first stamp this evening and going on Camino in the morning.

Not sure if anyone who is leaving SJPDP on the morning of 20th of Sept. is interested in meeting up for a dinner the night before we hit the Camino??? I would love any suggestions on a nice "Public" café or restaurant to meet up with fellow travelers. Please post or message me with any ideas...I have tried getting a hold of the people who run the Albergue in Orisson to get a space, without any reply and will push on to Roncesvalles....If anyone is interested....let's meet up. Troy. AKA...Sushi1

For lunch or dinner Chez DeDe at 3 rue de France is quite ok. It is near the Pilgrim Office at 39 rue de la Citadelle and often suggested by them. The place also appears in the movie The Way. I have eaten here many times over the years; the food is good and the prices very reasonable. .

MM

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
For lunch or dinner Chez DeDe at 3 rue de France is quite ok. It is near the Pilgrim Office at 39 rue de la Citadelle and often suggested by them. The place also appears in the movie The Way. I have eaten here many times over the years; the food is good and the prices very reasonable. .

MM
Thank you very much, I viewed the link to their website and it looks beautiful....I can't wait.

I most definitely will do that petitwalker. He is legendary on the forum and I have a feeling that Joe in the flesh will not disappoint either :)

Michael , How about you , Laurie and I make plans to meet up for that Vino Tinto at Chez DeDe (thanks mspath!) on the 25th for lunch or dinner .. if not available then see you in Orission on the 26th ?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am with you! I feel exactly the same. I'll finally get to meet you in a few days. :)
Mary, when are you getting in on the 11th? Maybe a drink after dinner ar Chez DeDe. You can let Gerard know. We'll be there all day on the 11th.

Has anyone heard anything about the train from Bayonne not going to St Jean at this time? I'm planning on taking the train but read that the line is shut down?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Has anyone heard anything about the train from Bayonne not going to St Jean at this time? I'm planning on taking the train but read that the line is shut down?

I'm pretty sure they are running busses on the same schedule. Think the tracks are being worked on. You can get on the bus with the train ticket. Anyone out there, correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure they are running busses on the same schedule. Think the tracks are being worked on. You can get on the bus with the train ticket. Anyone out there, correct me if I'm wrong.

Are they running the buses from the train station? Thanks

Please relax!! The train/bus connection is still up and running.
Bon voyage and Buen camino!

Last edited:
Mary, when are you getting in on the 11th? Maybe a drink after dinner ar Chez DeDe. You can let Gerard know. We'll be there all day on the 11th.

If all goes according to plan, I should arrive in SJPP around 5:00 p.m. Anywhere is fine by me. Can't wait to meet you! Safe travels!

Not sure if anyone who is leaving SJPDP on the morning of 20th of Sept. is interested in meeting up for a dinner the night before we hit the Camino??? I would love any suggestions on a nice "Public" café or restaurant to meet up with fellow travelers. Please post or message me with any ideas...I have tried getting a hold of the people who run the Albergue in Orisson to get a space, without any reply and will push on to Roncesvalles....If anyone is interested....let's meet up. Troy. AKA...Sushi1
Hi am meeting with Chris and Ali on the eve of the 19th but I am not sure where we are going!! am staying at les remparts, also Orison do take a little while to get back to you - quite late in the day for a booking there I think but there are possibilities before that Hunto? or on the alternative route, other seasoned travellers will know - post a blog?? am sure someone will get back to you - see you in town - will try to meet up? regards Annie

If all goes according to plan, I should arrive in SJPP around 5:00 p.m. Anywhere is fine by me. Can't wait to meet you! Safe travels!
We have to eat mandatory meal at Beilari at 7:30, so should be available after 8:30 or so. Maybe we can all meet at Chez Dede. You can get something to eat before then at your choice. My hubby and I will be the two short ones with the really short hair.
Don't forget Gerard and gang. Can't wait to meet you. Oh and don't bother sending more messages as we do not plan to have wifi on this journey although hubby might bring a tablet. We are leaving for the airport in 2 hours. Wow!!!

Thank you everyone who has replied about the transportation from Bayonne to STJPDP...looks like there are no issues other than the transfer from train to bus, which is nothing. I guess that is what the Camino is about...taking what comes each day and the help of others. Thank you for the help.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Michael , How about you , Laurie and I make plans to meet up for that Vino Tinto at Chez DeDe (thanks mspath!) on the 25th for lunch or dinner .. if not available then see you in Orission on the 26th ?
Lunch would work out perfectly on the 25th. I believe we are having a pilgrim dinner at Beilari that evening so meeting up for dinner would be difficult. I am coming in the morning of the 25th from Pamplona (Corazon Puro). LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING YOU!!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.