• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

September 2014 Peregrinos

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I packed my bag!! 6.4 kg... but then I have to add food and water... is this good?

Every time I think of Friday my stomache turns over... what are we doing people? I'm the kind of person that wouldn't walk to the shops and taking the bus only if I had to... and now I'm planning to walk across a country :eek:o_O:rolleyes:

I can't wait to meet you all... I wish I was there for the meal but I'm pretty sure we'll bump into each other at some point! My pack is a red osprey... I'm the big tall blond :confused:

happy walking everyone

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
August 23 rd-Geoff Stewart, Allister
August 24th- zolarose asger.me
August25th -Angelo
August 26th - VATom, Pilgrim Midwife, Diegomartine
August27th - cinimod
August 28th - Agnogel, Sami Aaltonen
August29th- gimpywalker, Cambridge Pilgrim , Tez, Tony Jansen, Damien Reynolds(Irun)
August 30th -Smtl(+1)
August 31st -Oso, Snake
, Kiwi-d(Pamplona
)
September 1st - gwDelmar , me.andmyshadow, Ahaj, Skudah. OnePerfectStep
September 2nd -Denis Aldridge , Flaca005,Purrrrple Panda , OzAnnie ( Irun), Dutch
September 3rd -Dave 2525, ColeenK, Laelia2 Leandra.Scott, Jane Erasmus, June F, Rain-or-Shine ( Ayako), DQuinn(Debra)
September 4th –clearskies, Katies Dad (Leon), el ciervo amarillo( walking from England!) , Jason Loke , DragonflyAnnie & OzJacko, Barabara Teresa Bates( +1), TonyC( Tony & Barbara), ndrea
September 5th -Calides2014 , TrevorCC , Walsh Camino , Riyanter, Musedoc, WalkCWalk, MichaelSG (Lisboa), OTH86, David Egglestone, LiesbethSA
, Linda Wentzel Hetty & Gerald van Gurp, Ward Carson, Rcamargo, nigeloz, Sheri Campbell
September 6th - Pippa, Krazykwltr, Carolina Ayala ,Sriyantra, DaleKathryn,Pawel,Basquefan1(Le Puy), Paul Pickford

September 7th -Wiglaura(+ 8) , Denisealldridge,jessica.vthhiker,Wolfdog , alian. Fr (Pomplona ), twobats(John & Tracey ,Pomplona), Halfang, Liz

September 8th
September 9th Monk Moses, taozenqi , mferrara , Valgongs,
September 10th -Gretchen Hirni, Mary Kate ( Biarritz , Norte) , Carrollnova , kiwidub
September 11th-Jacquelineharris ,Jennie and her sister Linda, Cathy Mahoney,LakaPaka
September 12th- PetiteWalker,itsJann, GerardCarey, alrushton, Ashley Benner, Rorik,Vivello, LesBrass (Roncevalles)
September 13th - Arkbuilder, Barber1586,ray jay , Christine law, Don Hoff (Astroga)
September 14th -Walking Man 06, RogerM, Cate A ,Gardengirl
September 15th -Janet Ellen, Marilyn Russell
September 16th -Jabaldo, GreatDane (Bizkaretta (Corazon Puro)), twojay54, Janicelee
September 17th- -Zarniwoop,jessica.vthhiker, Kathleen de Montreal, Shaffers(2), swaziDale
September 18th- nidarosa(Astorga) , drvnsmiln (Fran & Kathy) ,Kerrychick
September 19th -Holly, ksam, Dennis & Lisa, soleprint(Pomplona), eagleak(6)
September 20th -Jamie Archer, AnnieY, gidivet(Pomplona),TarynAnn, Sushi1
September 21st -Adhemar78,Griffin57(Burgos)
September 22nd –jdpigue ,Seamas O'Muireadhaigh

My plane leaves 6:00 am on the 23rd and with that my activity for this thread :( ( unless I can find wifi ) , so then , if someone would like to change seats and take the wheel for the duration I'm jiggy with that .. if not then this song is for you great folks that I will never get to meet personally

September 23rd -Silvester (Leon) , CaptBuddy(Roncsvalles), gmonkey(Burgos?/Leon?), JoeNYC ,onelight ,marylynn, SooYunKim, michryan
September 24th -Annie Little
September 25th-s4sfamily(Leon), sooh(Pomplona), Daleen Slabbert
September 26th - DeadFred, Bernatchez M , organflute, Rachel_1981, KatieChester
September 27th - Jgun87, Kristina Wilkening, MileHighPair(2)
September 28th-Santiago _67(Logroño)
September 29th-
September 30th-Lockslay , Mr Smirky
Oct 1st -awakengaime
Here's some interesting Camino stats shared by Johnny Walker for the first 6 months of 2014
http://www.johnniewalker-santiago.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
Hi AnnieY!.. Sounds like your repacking and unpacking will keep you in tip top shape. Ugh , Rain .. well think of yourself in Galica as I hear that is actually where all the rain in Spain is .

Septemeber 26th is when we leave from St Jean for Orission by that time you will be a seasoned Caminost and 75% of the way to Santiago de Compostela . Wish you the very best and hope you don't have to much rain !
Thank you DeadFred for all your posts, you have been such an encouragement and link for so many - Buen Camino to you
trust not too much rain but am prepared equipment wise but also I've seen my fair share of rain in Devon!!

I packed my bag!! 6.4 kg... but then I have to add food and water... is this good?

Every time I think of Friday my stomache turns over... what are we doing people? I'm the kind of person that wouldn't walk to the shops and taking the bus only if I had to... and now I'm planning to walk across a country :eek:o_O:rolleyes:

I can't wait to meet you all... I wish I was there for the meal but I'm pretty sure we'll bump into each other at some point! My pack is a red osprey... I'm the big tall blond :confused:

happy walking everyone

Hi Les brass - do you go by the name a of a flower in one of the French forums? Glad you got everything sorted and are finally close to off.
We're a few days behind - leaving SJPP on 17th, May see you on the way. I'm with a tall brunette :)
buen camino

A selection of Camino Jewellery

happy walking everyone
LesBrass, your pack is 1.6 k lighter than mine but I don't think I can ditch anything, so you are doing very well. If I can haul it up the hill on day one I guess I can carry it all the way. My evil plan is to lower my own weight along the way. Buen Camino!

Thank you DeadFred for all your posts, you have been such an encouragement and link for so many - Buen Camino to you
trust not too much rain but am prepared equipment wise but also I've seen my fair share of rain in Devon!!

Thank you AnnieY , I appreciate that :) . Rain??.. Bite thy tongue , I anticipate sunny skies and perfect temperatures every day.
You have just 10 days left ! How cool is that!? Our plane leaves in just 13 days!! .. Laurie and I have unexpectedly & spontaneously learned a new language called " Whoa-ish" .. as that's all we have been saying these past several days(Whoa!!) . We are only 6 days behind you , Should you see a tall strong guy with a well trimmed gray beard and mustache and a small frail woman hauling two backpacks.. stop and say Buen Camino that's us ;)

Best of luck AnnieY.. It's been a Hoot talking with you and meeting all the new friends .

Joe

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
LesBrass, your pack is 1.6 k lighter than mine but I don't think I can ditch anything, so you are doing very well. If I can haul it up the hill on day one I guess I can carry it all the way. My evil plan is to lower my own weight along the way. Buen Camino!
I will be with you on your evil plan to drop a stone or two along my way on the Camino...my pack came in at 15lbs or 6.8 k.....I just wish I was 6.8k lighter in the belly before the Camino...I will just introduce myself like this: Hello, my name is Joost....I'm from Amsterdam.

I will be with you on your evil plan to drop a stone or two along my way on the Camino...my pack came in at 15lbs or 6.8 k.....I just wish I was 6.8k lighter in the belly before the Camino...I will just introduce myself like this: Hello, my name is Joost....I'm from Amsterdam.
Think many of us share that evil plan. The thought that I could end the camino in the best physical and spiritual shape I've been in for years, maybe ever, has a real appeal :)

Hola everyone... I'm partying today... saying goodbye to my chums all at once then I have just one day left before we leave... SO EXCITED :D

Hi Les brass - do you go by the name a of a flower in one of the French forums? Glad you got everything sorted and are finally close to off.
We're a few days behind - leaving SJPP on 17th, May see you on the way. I'm with a tall brunette :)
buen camino

Shaffers.... I am indeed a Rose by any other name :rolleyes: Les isn't my name either it's part of my address (as in Les Miserables)... I'll let you into a secret... (and as I may actually share a bedroom with some of you)...I'm really called Colleen :D

Chaps...if I could lose my pack weight in fat over the course of the walk I would be a very happy girl... steriods and drugs have left me well... I think it was Queen who sang "fat bottom girls they make the rocking world go round"

How is it possible to be so excited and so terrified and so unsure and so happy and so sad all at the same time?!

Safe travelling people... see you along the way (even saying that brings a lump to my throat and a tear in my eyes) :D

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I thought so Rose, I notice gardengirl is setting off soon too, wonder if she's the same one as on the FF.
Hope we can catch up with you on the way. Easiest thing to spot is my wife, she's 6 feet tall, carrying an orange/grey pack and will probably be out of breath. I'm a little shorter and will have a black eye - if she's read this!
I'll look out for the big tall blond, whistling a Queen tune. :)
Go steady!

I didnt know GG was wlaking too? Everyone is walking to Santiago... the best place to be this autumn! I'll look our for you... I've got a red osprey pack that feels enormous!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'll be on my way in just a little over two weeks. I will put my pack together this weekend and begin walking with it to get it adjusted and work out the kinks.

I've decided that the only electronic device I will take is a camera. Nothing fancy but I do not want to be without one if that special moment comes up. After hours of shopping for a journal I decided to pick up a 97 cent one at WalMart this morning. Just something to jot some notes and thoughts in.

Over the past year I have been able to lose about twenty pounds and the muscles in my legs feel like steel bands. But my feet still bark at me from time to time. Bruised heel, arthritic toe, achy tendon ... oh well ... I'll walk fast when I can, take it slow when I have to, bring plenty of ibuprofen and push through. I'm going no matter what. If any of you happy pilgrims come upon an old guy with the initials "RMG" on his pack and sing out a greeting and he doesn't respond with the good nature and enthusiasm you would expect, he is probably hurting that day and just concentrating on putting one foot in front of the other.

I wish I knew why I was called to do this. Many reasons come into my head. But the stern reality is that I just know I have to go. Mid life/mortality reflection, mourning the loss of close family members the last ten years, rebirth of my Catholic faith, mental reset from years of technical minutia, ... I don't know.

The preparation for this walk has been a journey. I have become attached to the gentle rhythm of walking. Cold brisk January nights with sleet stinging my cheeks and hot August days that turn my body and clothes into a wet mess. Steep hills that make the heart pound and moments of cool welcomed shade provide simple but profound variations that put me in touch with a part myself that seems different and new but familiar at the same time.

I wish my wife was going with me. She simply has no interest in walking five hundred miles. It is odd that someone I have been married to for thirty five years could be so detached from something that has taken such a strong hold on me. I can only conclude that I am meant to go alone.

Let the pilgrimage and all that it brings begin!
Hi from Ireland i can just add that the Camino is not for everyone ,if someone does not grab hold of it like you did then you can't convince them to do it .A solo camino will change your life in many ways and will draw you back again and again like me and my sister ,have a wonderful trip maybe see you along the way.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I keep looking at the updates of the Sept 2014 list and have this feeling the "green ooze" is coming for me!

10 days until I fly out. Add me to the "nervous and excited" camp.

Hey Joe ... You can't get away from the green ooze, the ooze and you will be one very soon .

Last edited:
I will be in St Jean on the evening of the 19th of September and leaving in the morning...are any of the folks willing to meet this evening before our departing on our journey wanting to meet up for a light dinner to discuss the Camino before we depart??? I'm staying near the train depot and would like to spend a hour or two going over things...any idea's on where there is great food and atmosphere to have a Camino meeting??? If any SJPDP experts out there can suggest a nice café or restaurant to have a nice "Public" meeting place, please post some ideas. I will be getting my first stamp this evening and going on Camino in the morning.

Hey there,

A meet up would be great . A dinner with some new friends would be a great way to start my Camino

I'm planning on taking a couple of days to make my way down from Paris by train and bus through Bayonne. My thoughts are to leave Bayonne first thing in the morning so I can make the most of my time in StJean.

Keep in touch and let me know what you decide.

Cheers

Taryn

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
August25th -Angelo
August27th - cinimod
August29th- gimpywalker, Cambridge Pilgrim , Tez, Tony Jansen, Damien Reynolds(Irun)
August 30th -Smtl(+1)
August 31st -Oso, Snake
, Kiwi-d(Pamplona
)
September 2nd -Denis Aldridge , Flaca005,Purrrrple Panda , OzAnnie ( Irun), Dutch
September 3rd -Dave 2525, ColeenK, Laelia2 Leandra.Scott, Jane Erasmus, June F, Rain-or-Shine ( Ayako), DQuinn(Debra)
September 4th –clearskies, Katies Dad (Leon), el ciervo amarillo( walking from England!) , Jason Loke , DragonflyAnnie & OzJacko, Barabara Teresa Bates( +1), TonyC( Tony & Barbara), ndrea
September 5th -Calides2014 , TrevorCC , Walsh Camino , Riyanter, Musedoc, WalkCWalk, MichaelSG (Lisboa), OTH86, David Egglestone, LiesbethSA
, Linda Wentzel Hetty & Gerald van Gurp, Ward Carson, Rcamargo, nigeloz, Sheri Campbell
September 6th - Pippa, Krazykwltr, Carolina Ayala ,Sriyantra, DaleKathryn,Pawel,Basquefan1(Le Puy), Paul Pickford

September 7th -Wiglaura(+ 8) , Denisealldridge,jessica.vthhiker,Wolfdog , alian. Fr (Pomplona ), twobats(John & Tracey ,Pomplona), Halfang, Liz

September 8th
September 10th -Gretchen Hirni, Mary Kate ( Biarritz , Norte) , Carrollnova , kiwidub
September 11th-Jacquelineharris ,Jennie and her sister Linda, Cathy Mahoney,LakaPaka
September 12th- PetiteWalker,itsJann, GerardCarey, alrushton, Ashley Benner, Rorik,Vivello, LesBrass (Roncevalles)
September 13th - Arkbuilder, Barber1586,ray jay , Christine law, Don Hoff (Astroga)
September 16th -Jabaldo, GreatDane (Bizkaretta (Corazon Puro)), twojay54, Janicelee
September 17th- -Zarniwoop,jessica.vthhiker, Kathleen de Montreal, Shaffers(2), swaziDale
September 22nd –jdpiguet (Astorga) ,Seamas O'Muireadhaigh

September 23rd -Silvester (Leon) , CaptBuddy(Roncsvalles), gmonkey(Burgos?/Leon?), JoeNYC ,onelight ,marylynn, SooYunKim, michryan
September 26th - DeadFred, Bernatchez M, organflute, Rachel_1981, KatieChester
September 29th-
Oct 1st -awakengaime
Here's some interesting Camino stats shared by Johnny Walker for the first 6 months of 2014

Last edited:
Hi from Ireland i can just add that the Camino is not for everyone ,if someone does not grab hold of it like you did then you can't convince them to do it .A solo camino will change your life in many ways and will draw you back again and again like me and my sister ,have a wonderful trip maybe see you along the way.

Hello Kerrychick!

I find it very interesting that 24 hours before I leave for the airport that I am reading an encouraging message from Ireland. My mother ( fiercely proud of her Irish heritage ) passed away last year. Thank you. I am looking forward to this. I hope you and your sister have a great Camino!

As my Mom who liked to quote a portion of that famous Irish prayer used to say, "May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back and may the sun shine warm upon your face."

Buen Camino!

Hello Kerrychick!

I find it very interesting that 24 hours before I leave for the airport that I am reading an encouraging message from Ireland. My mother ( fiercely proud of her Irish heritage ) passed away last year. Thank you. I am looking forward to this. I hope you and your sister have a great Camino!

As my Mom who liked to quote a portion of that famous Irish prayer used to say, "May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back and may the sun shine warm upon your face."

Buen Camino!
Hola,
Great prayer! Now at Logrono, we can use that. Had the wind pretty much in front today. Blew my hat off few times. Gotta hold on to it.
Buen Camino.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
My daughter and I arrive in Leon on 25 September.
September is shaping up nicely

Have a wonderful time! My first Camino experience was in May 2011 from Leon to Santiago, and Logrono to Burgos. Couldn't get it out of my head when I got home so I walked again over the Pyrenees and across the meseta in October to fill in the missing parts; and then again in one continuous walk from St. Jean to Santiago in 2012. I am flying out from Toronto next Friday and will begin walking from St Jean on Sept. 23. I have made lifelong special friends on each trip. I am sure you will have a wonderful time, and maybe you will also return to walk the parts you will miss this time. It happens.
Mary Lynn
Waterloo

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello Kerrychick!

Buen Camino!
and the finish is "may you be in haven half an hour before the devil knows your dead"Buen Camino.

Last lazy coffee at home then I'm off to check my pack for the 500th time - I'm off to the station in a couple of hours, Paris tonight SJP tomorrow. The absolute panic seems to have worn off and I'm strangely calm - probably because I've now turned off my work emails!

Best of luck!

Last lazy coffee at home then I'm off to check my pack for the 500th time - I'm off to the station in a couple of hours, Paris tonight SJP tomorrow. The absolute panic seems to have worn off and I'm strangely calm - probably because I've now turned off my work emails!

You Rock Cate A ! Buen Camino!

Have a wonderful time!!

Hola everyone... I'm partying today... saying goodbye to my chums all at once then I have just one day left before we leave... SO EXCITED :D

The Dr is IN: Colleen...now that you've finally owned up to who you really are...and the fact that a bedroom full of people is your style. May I suggest a few things you should avoid:
-Loud laughing, clapping, giggling...after 10PM/2200H
- Changing your name more than once a day, because pilgrims get confused just trying to find the loo.
- You mentioned the "Les" part of your screen name. Then you mentioned you want to weigh "Less" at the completion of your Camino. Is this a spelling error, or are you saying that the Camino will be a hoot...and "Les/Less" is really more, or less is your goal? :D.
-Last thing to avoid...Joey. He will be on Camino at about the same time.
Buen "More or less" Camino,
Arn

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Down to 16 lbs. still have a few "luxury" items like my fuzzy sleep socks and bengay. listening to Nina Simone "Feeling Good" thinking of all those already trotting along!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
This year's part of my Camino ends today, two days early due to health reasons. I'll be taking the train from Sahagun instead of LĂ©on. I've had a great time beyond expectations and my body kept up great, also beyond expectations.
I wish you all a very buen Camino and that you may be at least as happy about it as I am.
Adios!

This year's part of my Camino ends today, two days early due to health reasons. I'll be taking the train from Sahagun instead of LĂ©on. I've had a great time beyond expectations and my body kept up great, also beyond expectations.
I wish you all a very buen Camino and that you may be at least as happy about it as I am.
Adios!
Bom viagem na casa. Adeus

Adios!

Sorry about the health situation Tony , but sounds like your stoked for your next Camino .. Buen Camino and Adois !

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
August25th -Angelo
August27th - cinimod
August 30th -Smtl(+1)
August 31st -Oso, Snake
, Kiwi-d(Pamplona
)

September 8th

September 29th-
Oct 1st -awakengaime

Last edited:
One whole day before I go green - only two sleeps (if I get any sleep). My travel clothes are laid out on the chair and the pack is ready to be zipped up and go. And still it feels like it's not real, like it's still ages away. I hope I meet some of you early September peregrinos on the way, you should be getting close to Leon and Astorga. Buen Camino everyone!

I have 2 more sleeps before i fly into Luton to meet my sister and then we fly together to Biarritz and the train to sjpdp to start our 3 camino .
I am a little bit concerned about the climb to Orisson can you have your pack sent on ahead do you know ,that would be a great help ,super excited now .

One whole day before I go green - only two sleeps (if I get any sleep). My travel clothes are laid out on the chair and the pack is ready to be zipped up and go. And still it feels like it's not real, like it's still ages away. I hope I meet some of you early September peregrinos on the way, you should be getting close to Leon and Astorga. Buen Camino everyone!
Your beautiful sunset-colored matching clothes.... ; ) Have fuuuuuuuuuuuuun! I will be following you on your blog.

Thanks Alyssa, I just wish you were coming along rather than following a sporadic and probably short-posted blog, but I shall do my level best to catch some sunrises for you (that reminds me I might need a headlamp for early mornings - outside, not inside the dorm). See, you're never really finished packing!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Probably going to snag this up for my blog Alyssa , if you and Hans are good with it :)

"To move, to breathe, to fly, to float, To Gain all while you give, To roam the roads of lands remote, To travel is to live.
-Hans Christian Andersen

Probably going to snag this up for my blog Alyssa , if you and Hans are good with it :)

"To move, to breathe, to fly, to float, To Gain all while you give, To roam the roads of lands remote, To travel is to live.
-Hans Christian Andersen
Go for it, DeadFred! I'm going to check out your blog now...

Thanks Alyssa, I just wish you were coming along rather than following a sporadic and probably short-posted blog, but I shall do my level best to catch some sunrises for you (that reminds me I might need a headlamp for early mornings - outside, not inside the dorm). See, you're never really finished packing!
Yea, Camino sunrises! I didn't take a headlamp, just a little flashlight, and regretted it. Put it in right now! Buen Camino!

Adios!
You sound as though you got plenty from your experience this time Tony. Keep looking forward to the next one. best of luck

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I am back at work after having done SJPdP to Los Arcos...

Lots of emotions, and obviously I wish I was able to take the whole month off, but still I managed to find what I was looking for.

Best of luck to you all starting soon!

Go for it, DeadFred! I'm going to check out your blog now...

Yea, Camino sunrises! I didn't take a headlamp, just a little flashlight, and regretted it. Put it in right now! Buen Camino!
re head torch - how much did you really need it?

I was annoyed by quite a few head torches...

I used a couple of times a Pelican VB3 LED clip light and clipped it to my backpack when I didn't need it.

re head torch - how much did you really need it?
Depends when you start your Camino. For me as the sunrise comes late these days (almost 8am) I need it to find my way before sunrise. I do have a tiny torch that I use when I stay in the Albergues so as not to annoy the other pilgrims when the lights are switched off and I have to go to the loo.
Cheers

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
  • Hola, just want to let my Sept. Peregrino buddies know we arrived in Pamplona today on day 4. For thosecof you who are staying in Or is son, you will not be disappointed. Sat on the wonderful porch allsftern9n with new Camino friends and drank lots of wine while watching the amazing view.

Annie Y: In my opinion you do not need a headlamp to pack in the morning, the light bounces into sleeping pilgrims' eyes every time you move your head. A small light can be useful for collecting your things and carrying them out into the communal areas to pack without waking others, I have a small and light torch to do this and find my way in the morning. I will not be a light-bouncer this time :)

Very excited at this point. I leave for Paris on Thursday and arrive in St Jean Friday evening to start my Camino Saturday morning...my backpack has gone from 16lbs to 20lbs with all the little things...I hope to remove a couple pounds of stuff...it would be easier if my pack didn't weigh 5lbs to start with...lol. I said my goodbyes to my family, mother and father, both around 80 years old and I feel all is in order....I look forward to meeting my Camino family.....If I was a dog, you would see my tail wagging at this point. I cannot believe this is finally going to happen. I read a article in Conde'Nast Traveller in 1983 about the Camino and decided it was going to happen...well, as we know.....family, jobs, paying a on a home, etc, can postpone ones plans. I'm not 23 anymore, but 53 and I will embrace what the Camino has to offer me. I have a backpack with a Hawaiian state flag, a Japanese flag and a Camino shell patch on it...you can't miss me. Aloha, Maholo and happy trails. See you soon!!! P.S. just ask me about how the Camino book from Shirley MacLaine, got it's inspiration....it's a hoot.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Well hello all you September peregrinos!!
I have just returned to Dublin from Bilbao and boy! what a two weeks that was!
Surprisingly enough, I have received no blisters, just aches and pains from the climb on the first day and up to alto del perdon!
I met so many great people..great to see @jasonloke in Cuatro Cantones before I headed off!

Now to plan for next year :)
Buen Camino!

Buen Camino to you Linda
Ps I raised a glass of tinto to you! :)

(I like the way I am called a veteran member haha!)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks Clearskies, I will raise a glass to you tomorrow night on the square in Astorga! My top-up zen walk has started with the most torrential rain I think I have ever seen in Galicia and I stupidly (or typically) went to say hi to the Obradoiro and cathedral - and now, on my first night, I have a bathroom full of damp merino and walking shoes full of toilet paper. So it has begun.

Well hello all you September peregrinos!!
I have just returned to Dublin from Bilbao and boy! what a two weeks that was!
Surprisingly enough, I have received no blisters, just aches and pains from the climb on the first day and up to alto del perdon!
I met so many great people..great to see @jasonloke in Cuatro Cantones before I headed off!

Now to plan for next year :)
Buen Camino!
Hola Dave,
Greeting from Hornillos de Camino!
Good walk today, take care.

Last edited:
Hola everyone!

I'm new in this amazing forum! So glad I found it! :) I want to start next week from Roncesvalles, not sure about the date yet (23rd, 24th?), I'll travel from Barcelona. Last year I walked from Sarria to Santiago, and it feels like a huge challenge to start from Roncesvalles this year! I have no rush and no time restrictions, so I can walk my own short etapas - specially at the beginning - I hope to get fit as I walk! I'd love to walk the whole camino to Finisterre... let's see how my body feels along The Way! Is there anyone leaving from Roncesvalles next week? Also, do you really think it's necessary to book accommodation in Roncesvalles at this time of the year? My idea is to sleep in albergues as I am on a tight budget.

Muchas Gracias y Buen Camino!! :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks Clearskies, I will raise a glass to you tomorrow night on the square in Astorga! My top-up zen walk has started with the most torrential rain I think I have ever seen in Galicia and I stupidly (or typically) went to say hi to the Obradoiro and cathedral - and now, on my first night, I have a bathroom full of damp merino and walking shoes full of toilet paper. So it has begun.

That's not a good start at all.
I hope the weather clears up and sun shines!

Hola everyone!

I'm new in this amazing forum! So glad I found it! :) I want to start next week from Roncesvalles, not sure about the date yet (23rd, 24th?), I'll travel from Barcelona. Last year I walked from Sarria to Santiago, and it feels like a huge challenge to start from Roncesvalles this year! I have no rush and no time restrictions, so I can walk my own short etapas - specially at the beginning - I hope to get fit as I walk! I'd love to walk the whole camino to Finisterre... let's see how my body feels along The Way! Is there anyone leaving from Roncesvalles next week? Also, do you really think it's necessary to book accommodation in Roncesvalles at this time of the year? My idea is to sleep in albergues as I am on a tight budget.

Hola Silvinha:

They'll be plenty of people walking next week. I'm starting in SJPDP on the 23rd and taking 2 days to get to Roncevalles (stopping in Orrison). Perhaps I'll see you on the trail.

Buen Camino.

Hola Silvinha:

They'll be plenty of people walking next week. I'm starting in SJPDP on the 23rd and taking 2 days to get to Roncevalles (stopping in Orrison). Perhaps I'll see you on the trail.

Buen Camino.
Thanks for your reply JoeNYC! Glad to know there will be plenty of people starting next week! I'm a bit nervous as it is the first time I plan to do the whole Camino! Do you have any recommendations for accommodation in Roncesvalles? Buen Camino to you too! :)

Welcome to the Sept group Silvinha! I will be walking a little bit behind you as I plan to get to Roncesvalles Sept 30. Buen Camino!

Welcome to the Sept group Silvinha! I will be walking a little bit behind you as I plan to get to Roncesvalles Sept 30. Buen Camino!
Thanks JGun87! Buen Camino!!! :)

Sushi1,

I am certain that today you are VERY excited.
Have a wonderful Camino! May all your dreams and planning now come true.

Margaret Meredith
Margaret, thank you for all the information and help you have giving me and other pilgrims...we all appreciate all the knowledge you have shared with us. Troy

Thanks for your reply JoeNYC! Glad to know there will be plenty of people starting next week! I'm a bit nervous as it is the first time I plan to do the whole Camino! Do you have any recommendations for accommodation in Roncesvalles? Buen Camino to you too! :)

I'm planning to stay at the municipal albergue there. Many on this site have said they have plenty of beds and the accommodations are fine.

↑
Hola Dave,
Got a light drizzle coming out of Burgos at 0600hrs. Lasting an hr or more. Good practice for all of us. Enjoy your time at home.
Jason Loke, Today at 11:57 AMReport
#1270Like+ QuoteReply
clearskies likes this.

Wait a minute! "ClearSkies" liked the message about a light drizzle?!?

I'm so confused. :confused:

You can reserve at this site www.alberguederoncesvalles.com Buen Camino!

August25th -Angelo
August27th - cinimod
August 30th -Smtl(+1)
August 31st -Oso, Snake
, Kiwi-d(Pamplona
)

September 8th

September 23rd -Silvester (Leon) , CaptBuddy(Roncesvalles), gmonkey(Burgos?/Leon?), JoeNYC ,onelight ,marylynn, SooYunKim, michryan,
September 29th-
Oct 1st -awakengaime

Last edited:
Arrived at Leon today the place where my health to a turn for the worst last year but with good health this town is so much better, the last stage to Santiago begins tomorrow. Have met some nice people on the way, but I am also a bit sad that so many have heads down and trying to make stages that they are missing so much. Please stop look around also look back to see what you have achieved.
Trevor

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Oooh, so exciting!! Someone else had posted that it was expected to pour. Poor you.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
↑
Hola Dave,
Got a light drizzle coming out of Burgos at 0600hrs. Lasting an hr or more. Good practice for all of us. Enjoy your time at home.
Jason Loke, Today at 11:57 AMReport
#1270Like+ QuoteReply
clearskies likes this.

Wait a minute! "ClearSkies" liked the message about a light drizzle?!?

I'm so confused. :confused:
Haha

Joe, I was on the Camino for two weeks until the 15th Sept and the only time it rained was the day I left.
Surely, that is a good sign :)

Thanks for the update!! After some considerations, I will start one week later, on October 3rd, so I'll switch to the October thread! Thanks everyone for your answers and suggestions! BUEN CAMINO! :)

August25th -Angelo
August27th - cinimod
August 30th -Smtl(+1)
August 31st -Oso, Snake
, Kiwi-d(Pamplona
)

September 8th

September 23rd -Silvester (Leon) , CaptBuddy(Roncesvalles), gmonkey(Burgos?/Leon?), JoeNYC ,onelight ,marylynn, SooYunKim, michryan, Silvinha or the 24th ((Roncesvalles)
September 29th-
Oct 1st -awakengaime

Hola everyone!

We're starting from Viscarret (9 or 10 km down the way from Roncesvalles) on 23 Sept.
I think I posted these before, but here are our mochilas. Hope to see you on the Way, Silvinha.
Buen Camino

2014-08-09 17.19.48.jpg 2014-08-09 17.20.58.jpg

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Looking at the list I see that 75% of the September Peregrino's have hit the trail and very few have gotten back to tell us how's they are doing . This can only mean one thing.

They are having so much fun they don't want to spoil our surprise :) Whooop!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Ah Hontanas, I loved it there.
It's great that it is not raining anyway.
Don't forget to stay in Boadilla del Camino tomorrow :)
I loved Hontanas too and stayed two nights at the amazing "En El Camino" albergue in Boadilla. It was more like a resort than an albergue!

I loved Hontanas too and stayed two nights at the amazing "En El Camino" albergue in Boadilla. It was more like a resort than an albergue!
Hola Dave,
I see a few albergues there, exactly which one?
Thanks a lot.

€46,-
We

We have been using a small led torch. We hadn't intended to walk in the dark but we are away be 7am and you need it for the first 30-45 minutes particularly if it is rocky.
Hola,
Yes, we are full of energy in the morning. Must start walking soon after breakfast,
And it is still dark! Must use a little led light to help us. And to ensure we don't miss anything on the bunk. Yesterday, I saw someone left behind a toiletry bag n sleeping bag liner. Too bad when arriving next albergue. I can't carry any more, full load already.

There is only sufficient light at about 0800hrs on the trail.

Last edited:
Got blisters. Taking it easy for recovery. Now at San Esteban albergue in Castrojeriz.
Very large dormitory room, very nice caretaker. Cool temps. Got coffee n other stuff.
Very homely environment. Wish all albergues were like this. Buen Camino to all starting today.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.