• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

September 2014 Peregrinos

Sitting on the plane-- waiting to take off for London. Had to re-route thanks to pilot strike. This is all becoming very real. Looking forward to getting started on the 23rd.
Safe flight Joe! Hope to see you on the Camino. I will start on the 26th.
Buen Camino..............Michael

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I'm settled in at Sansol, after a 28k day from Estrella. It's been a wonderful camino so far, amazing scenery, good food, and most of all many new friends from around the world!
I'm taking a rest day in Lagrono on Sunday and will check in again then,

Buen Camino

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi again, the forecast rain has failed to show and I am happy, dry and safe in albergue Meson El Acebo. Being back is strange and wonderful, the company great and I am dispensing ibuprofen and voltaren to achy fellow pilgrims left right and centre. Now sipping a cold Clara and wondering what the dreaded Day 3 will bring!

Ok, y'all...

Perhaps I should post this in "attention deficit disorder pilgrims" BUT....

So, I'd been planning and reading ad infinitum for a year for the Camino Frances BUT....

I flew to Frankfurt to spend a couple of weeks with friends before my Camino and managed to find myself in Finland for a few mostly wonderful days BUT....

Upon returning to Germany I realized I was in the WRONG place and announced that it was time for me to "get thee (me) to España" BUT....

Looking at Ryanair's website the only flight available that day was to Santander, ok, I went!

I kinda figured on getting transportation to St Jean Pied de Port from there BUT....

Standing outside the terminal I spoke with a young German (imagine that, coming from Frankfurt Hahn) who said he was walking the Norte, I said, "me too" and off we went! (Well, by bus to the city center).

We then walked to Santa Cruz de Bezanas where we found an angel incarnate, her name is Nieves and she is the hospitalera there. She had us sit in the cool and brought us cool water. She asked for credenciales, I had none (long story) and she showed us to the dormitory and told us to clean up. Later, during a magnificent supper her husband returned home with MY CREDENCIALES! The Camino provides...

Then, she arranged with us the time of breakfast and then showed us maps and guidance for the next few days journey.

The amount of time and patience and love she and her husband put into this is beyond comprehension and we were all in awe, oh, she does this EVERY DAY!

There's more but I'm tired of typing, buenas noches!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    524.5 KB · Views: 4
Hola, just finished day 8 and we are in Viana heading to Logronia. It won't be long DeadFred. You are really going to move it.:D

Now that is what I call upbeat! So glad you stopped in and posted petitewalker . I'm thinking you meant "Love it" not "Move it" ? I'm not very good at Moving It .. I can crawl it wonderfully.

Day 8! . you are doing good . We'll be there in a couple days ...Whoo Hoo!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hey DeadFred, we'll be in Pamplona in 37 hours.
I'll leave a trail of bread crumbs for you. :D

Your Tops CaptBuddy .. Preferably the crumbs will be Pepperidge Farms 15 Grain

Packed, heading for the airport, start tomorrow 22nd Oct. from St. Jean. Thanks for all the advice on the forum.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Leaving Dallas for Madrid tomorrow (22), train to Pamplona then reservation at Corazon Puro on 23rd. St. Jean to Orisson on 24th. Reservations at Orisson on 24th - playing the rest by ear... :) Hope to see some of you along 'the way'!

Leaving Dallas for Madrid tomorrow (22), train to Pamplona then reservation at Corazon Puro on 23rd. St. Jean to Orisson on 24th. Reservations at Orisson on 24th - playing the rest by ear... :) Hope to see some of you along 'the way'!
You're a day behind me. Perhaps you'll catch up and we'll meet up.

Buen camino.
Go Giants! :)

You're a day behind me. Perhaps you'll catch up and we'll meet up.

Buen camino.
Go Giants! :)
I usually walk pretty fast - so I may catch up!

Buen Camino! Go Cowboys. :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
August 23 rd-Geoff Stewart, Allister
August 24th- zolarose asger.me
August25th -Angelo
August 26th - VATom, Pilgrim Midwife, Diegomartine
August27th - cinimod
August 28th - Agnogel, Sami Aaltonen
August29th- gimpywalker, Cambridge Pilgrim , Tez, Tony Jansen, Damien Reynolds(Irun)
August 30th -Smtl(+1)
August 31st -Oso, Snake
, Kiwi-d(Pamplona
)
September 1st - gwDelmar , me.andmyshadow, Ahaj, Skudah. OnePerfectStep
September 2nd -Denis Aldridge , Flaca005,Purrrrple Panda , OzAnnie ( Irun), Dutch
September 3rd -Dave 2525, ColeenK, Laelia2 Leandra.Scott, Jane Erasmus, June F, Rain-or-Shine ( Ayako), DQuinn(Debra)
September 4th –clearskies, Katies Dad (Leon), el ciervo amarillo( walking from England!) , Jason Loke , DragonflyAnnie & OzJacko, Barabara Teresa Bates( +1), TonyC( Tony & Barbara), ndrea
September 5th -Calides2014 , TrevorCC , Walsh Camino , Riyanter, Musedoc, WalkCWalk, MichaelSG (Lisboa), OTH86, David Egglestone, LiesbethSA
, Linda Wentzel Hetty & Gerald van Gurp, Ward Carson, Rcamargo, nigeloz, Sheri Campbell
September 6th - Pippa, Krazykwltr, Carolina Ayala ,Sriyantra, DaleKathryn,Pawel,Basquefan1(Le Puy), Paul Pickford

September 7th -Wiglaura(+ 8) , Denisealldridge,jessica.vthhiker,Wolfdog , alian. Fr (Pomplona ), twobats(John & Tracey ,Pomplona), Halfang, Liz

September 8th
September 9th Monk Moses, taozenqi , mferrara , Valgongs,
September 10th -Gretchen Hirni, Mary Kate ( Biarritz , Norte) , Carrollnova , kiwidub
September 11th-Jacquelineharris ,Jennie and her sister Linda, Cathy Mahoney,LakaPaka
September 12th- PetiteWalker,itsJann, GerardCarey, alrushton, Ashley Benner, Rorik,Vivello, LesBrass (Roncevalles)
September 13th - Arkbuilder, Barber1586,ray jay , Christine law, Don Hoff (Astroga)
September 14th -Walking Man 06, RogerM, Cate A ,Gardengirl
September 15th -Janet Ellen, Marilyn Russell
September 16th -Jabaldo, GreatDane (Bizkaretta (Corazon Puro)), twojay54, Janicelee
September 17th- -Zarniwoop,jessica.vthhiker, Kathleen de Montreal, Shaffers(2), swaziDale
September 18th- nidarosa(Astorga) , drvnsmiln (Fran & Kathy) ,Kerrychick

September 19th -Holly, ksam, Dennis & Lisa, soleprint(Pomplona), eagleak(6)
September 20th -Jamie Archer, AnnieY, gidivet(Pomplona),TarynAnn, Sushi1
September 21st -Adhemar78,Griffin57(Burgos)
September 22nd –jdpiguet (Astorga) ,Seamas O'Muireadhaigh
September 23rd -Silvester (Leon) , CaptBuddy(Roncesvalles), gmonkey(Burgos?/Leon?), JoeNYC ,onelight ,marylynn, SooYunKim, michryan,

Here's where I say Ado to my fellow September Peregrinos .. My flight leaves 6am the 23rd . Not sure if I will get to post again . Not to leave anyone out I went ahead a "Greened" the whole remaining list :) .. The Forum (Talking) part of this adventure has been GREAT ,, Hat's off to Ivar ! Can't wait for the walking part! Buen Camino!

September 24th -Annie Little, Davita
September 25th-s4sfamily(Leon), sooh(Pomplona), Daleen Slabbert
September 26th - DeadFred, Bernatchez M, organflute, Rachel_1981, KatieChester
September 27th - Jgun87, Kristina Wilkening, MileHighPair(2)
September 28th-Santiago _67(Logroño)
September 29th-
September 30th-Lockslay , Mr Smirky
Oct 1st -awakengaime

Here's some interesting Camino stats shared by Johnny Walker for the first 6 months of 2014
http://www.johnniewalker-santiago.blogspot.com/

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Small world. Arrived at Bizjarreta today after flying into Pamplona. We walked down to the bar for a bite an met AnnieY, just finishing lunch.
Turned cold as rainy just as we Floridians arrived. Head out tomorrow.

Well "Septemberists" it appears that everyone is having one heck uva "Buen Camino" thus far!! I am leaving tonight from Boston and begin The Camino on Friday. I am blessed to be starting the same day as our fearless September Forum Leader, DeadFred (Joe) and his wife, Laurie. I promise I will get the first round (and hopefully many more) of vino tinto and toast the maestro himself on behalf of the September family :)

Looking forward to meeting many of you on the Camino. I will have my green backpack with "Boston Strong" on my scallop shell.

Buen Camino to all!!...........................Michael

Well "Septemberists" it appears that everyone is having one heck uva "Buen Camino" thus far!! I am leaving tonight from Boston and begin The Camino on Friday. I am blessed to be starting the same day as our fearless September Forum Leader, DeadFred (Joe) and his wife, Laurie. I promise I will get the first round (and hopefully many more) of vino tinto and toast the maestro himself on behalf of the September family :)

Looking forward to meeting many of you on the Camino. I will have my green backpack with "Boston Strong" on my scallop shell.

Buen Camino to all!!...........................Michael

Love it!.. can taste the vino already. Sitting in O'Hare waiting for our 4:30 flight to Madrid ..see you on the 25th Michael!

Love it!.. can taste the vino already. Sitting in O'Hare waiting for our 4:30 flight to Madrid ..see you on the 25th Michael!
Today I am at Villares de Orbigo, just some distance short of Astorga. Had a great dinner cooked by the owner of this Albergue. This Belgium lady bought this place 10 days ago. Run it by herself. So brave! Peregrinos, pls stay here if you can. Very homely place.

Hola all you Septemberists! I started from SJPP on the 5th, and am only now in Cirueña.

Please help me understand why folks get up before daylight to walk. Is it because they don't have much time so are making every minute count? Or maybe the stars are out and beautiful? Or are they really in the bed race? No judgement here, I'm just curious and want to understand. I so enjoy walking in the early morning when I can see what's going on - greeting all the snails, birds, slugs, and other early morning (but not necessarily pre-dawn) creatures. Not that all should do as I do (heaven forbid!), just curious about those who head out at 6 am or thereabouts.

I've mostly been stopping in smaller towns, not end-of-stage places, at between noon and 2 pm, and have, so far, gotten very decent places to sleep - one such place was thanks to a wonderful young man at the Albergue Santa Maria in Logroño, who let me have his lower bunk! I'm sorry I don't remember your name, but you'll always be a very special person to me!!
¡ BUEN CAMINO !

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I hold my hand up high and say I love starting out before the sun rises. I love to be the first up and out walking underneath a cloudless sky. It is cool, crisp, the sky is full of stars and it's great watching the sun rise!
I get to finish early (12/1pm) and at the same time avoid any heat. I am home from my short Camino a week now and miss it terribly.

We all like to walk our Caminos differently. You seem to be having a ball @OTH86. Enjoy each step!!

David

We got up at 3am CST Tuesday morning flew from Nw Arkansas to Chicago , to Madrid then by auto to St Jean Pied de Port France . My head is on a pillow @ Pension' Dona Maria lt is 5:30 pm Wednesday .. guess who is sleeping in 5 min

Last edited:
20140925_115837.jpg Laurie and I Met up with Micheal and Christine today .Michael generously bought us all a wonderful lunch accompanied by two delicious bottles of vinto tinto.. .. this was truly wonderful .. talked about Mary and petitwalker and our many other wonderful Septemberists friends!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hola Peregrinos,
If stopping at Murias de Rechivaldo, don't take the offered dinner at 9euros.
No main dish, no meat, just boiled egg quarters on peas n sago. The beds are expensive at 9euros. I went past Astorga and had to stop there. Leg cramps.

Last edited:
I'm in Cardeñuela this evening at the Albergue Via Minera, €8 and €8 for a meal, nice place to stay after the rather rocky climb up and out of Villafranca de Montes de Oca. By the way the albergue there is also good San Anton Abad.

Tomorrow Burgos!
Buen Camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
  1. I'm in Cizar Menor at Albergue Maribel Roncal. The proprietor, Maribel is an amazing woman-- treating all the blisters on the peregrinos
Hola,
That's right. When I finally showed my problem, it was too late in the day. She could see anymore. No help for me. Others said she was great.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Zubiri ....Pamplona tomorrow. 1 day off

be aware that there is a "peregrino" who's walking in the Navarette area who claims an ATM ate his card and he needs money.

Maybe it's my NY caution but I didn't buy his story. He says that he's walking back from Finnistere yet his clothes and backpack look brand new. He's also wearing a rather expensive watch.

You've been warned.

I stopped in Ventosa today. The thought of another Albergue disgusted me. I needed a break. I found one.
It's called the Loft & Garden Apt. It's a full sized apt in the first level of a home. It's has EVERYTHING you could want including free use of washer/dryer, a full kitchen, a rain shower and a wood-burning stove. Oh yea, I'm laying on a hammock in the backyard as I write this! 50€ and it'll sleep 4.

I stopped in Ventosa today. The thought of another Albergue disgusted me. I needed a break. I found one.
It's called the Loft & Garden Apt. It's a full sized apt in the first level of a home. It's has EVERYTHING you could want including free use of washer/dryer, a full kitchen, a rain shower and a wood-burning stove. Oh yea, I'm laying on a hammock in the backyard as I write this! 50€ and it'll sleep 4.

A week in and you have gone off albergues?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Puente la Reina today ..heading for Lorca tomorrow then onto Estella .. right Knee is glitched so easy goes it .

At Eirexe before Palas de Rei, no big rush for bed. Many pilgrims walking thru, even at 4pm. Slight drizzle after 3pm. We r all settled in Xunta albergue.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Buen Camino everyone, I'm enjoying reading of your progress.

We have made it to Villafranca. I have sore hips from descent from Cruz de Ferro and think I have scar tissue on the site of a foot op 42 years ago on the ball of my foot. Nothing to see but it feels like a stone is there. Have put padding on it. We have met some beautiful camino angels. Only 2 not nice incidents, one in Ponferrada yesterday when my halting Spanish not good enough in a restaurant and the owner(?) lost patience and the other in a well known b&b where we were not made to feel welcome - I got the impression she was worried about bed bugs!!! All part of accepting. in Acebo 2 nights ago there was a problem with the water supply we had a basin of cold water each!! More camino experiences. Buen caminocamino

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
We have made it to Villafranca. I have sore hips from descent from Cruz de Ferro and think I have scar tissue on the site of a foot op 42 years ago on the ball of my foot. Nothing to see but it feels like a stone is there. Have put padding on it. We have met some beautiful camino angels. Only 2 not nice incidents, one in Ponferrada yesterday when my halting Spanish not good enough in a restaurant and the owner(?) lost patience and the other in a well known b&b where we were not made to feel welcome - I got the impression she was worried about bed bugs!!! All part of accepting. in Acebo 2 nights ago there was a problem with the water supply we had a basin of cold water each!! More camino experiences. Buen caminocamino
Hola,
Yes, the descent was far worse than the ascent. So steep n rocky. No room for error esp when carrying a backpack.
Must have a walking stick, at least.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Arrived at Melide at 1230hrs after going thru intermittent light drizzles. Now at albergue, the rain has become quite heavy. Peregrinos, watch for rain in the afternoons.
Light rain yesterday in Burgos. Decided to take a rest and spend a day in Burgos. Spent the extra money and am staying in a hotel with room service
Man can only live on the menu de dia for so long!

Villamayor de MarJardin tonight Los Arcos tomorrow

Arrived at Arzua albergue at 1205hrs from Melide. Intermittent drizzle almost all the way from very light fog-like drizzle to heavier form. Got quite wet when arriving at albergue. Drizzle stopped after 1500hrs.

Joe
Villamayor de MarJardin tonight Los Arcos tomorrow
! I am right behind you. Stayed In Estella for an extra day because I got flu/larangitis. Feeling much better and walking to either villa or Los acros Tom. Ran into your two Aussie friends you had a meal with In Pamplona Denise. I hope to run into you soon!! Do you recommend a place in villamayor in case I don't want to walk all the way to Los arcos? Hope to see you and your wife soon!

Joe

! I am right behind you. Stayed In Estella for an extra day because I got flu/larangitis. Feeling much better and walking to either villa or Los acros Tom. Ran into your two Aussie friends you had a meal with In Pamplona Denise. I hope to run into you soon!! Do you recommend a place in villamayor in case I don't want to walk all the way to Los arcos? Hope to see you and your wife soon!

Glad your feeling better! Your the third person to have this thay we met. Those Aussie gals are so much fun :)

We are staying at the alburge nueuo 948 537 329...heading for los arcos ..maybe bump into you there!

Glad your feeling better! Your the third person to have this thay we met. Those Aussie gals are so much fun :)

We are staying at the alburge nueuo 948 537 329...heading for los arcos ..maybe bump into you there!

You are up early! Buen Camino to you hope the day is lovely I hear Lps Arcos is great! I sill have a strong cough so I might not push my self those extra 12 k. But we shall see. The Camino provides!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I am back home. Had an amazing 30 days walk (Sep 3 - Oct 2). Met many wonderful people.
Enjoyed walking every single kms of it. I am safe, well, completely blister-free, 1kg heavier(!), suffering from tortilla withdrawal symptoms.
To those who are on the path, buen camino to you all!

You are up early! Buen Camino to you hope the day is lovely I hear Lps Arcos is great! I sill have a strong cough so I might not push my self those extra 12 k. But we shall see. The Camino provides!

There is an alburge La Fluente las arcos we are staying (just got here)..ok. very nice people but the flies are incredible yeT this problem could be anywhere in this town . Hope you feeling better

From start from Arzua, we have had rain until 15mins prior to arrival to albergue at O'Pedrouzo, 1330hrs. Full flavor of the rain, at times heavy n windy. The longest rain so far in 35 days.

JGun87 ..Very nice meeting you today ! Nice to see a friend on the Camino :)

Raining in Los Arcos

€60,-
My Camino is done . Got as far as Logrono but couldn't handle pain in hip and knee .Now sitting poolside at a hotel in Barcelona sipping coke zero writing this.
Our flight leaves on the 16th from here to home . Next step is to see a dr and work out the issues.

I also realized that my ability to withstand the rigors of this adventure was misjudged . This became clear when it took me 8 hrs to get to Orission from St Jean (ha!)

I feel good that I was able to get as far as I did .. The good of my experience far outweighed the not-so-good. A large part of the good was Laurie staying besides me making sure I didn't kill myself with over excursión.
This was truly a great experience .

Joe

Last edited:
My Camino is done . Got as far as Logrono but couldn't handle pain in hip and knee .No sitting poolside at a hotel in Barcelona sipping coke zero writing this.
Our flight leaves on the 16th from here to home . Next step is to see a dr and work out the issues.

I also realized that my ability to withstand the rigors of this adventure was misjudged . This became clear when it took me 8 hrs to get to Orission from St Jean (ha!)

I feel good that I was able to get as far as I did .. The good of my experience far outweighed the not-so-good

Joe

I'm sorry you had to cut it short and I hope you get the issues with the knee and hip worked out. I'm also glad that the good out weighed the bad.

Mike

Joe!!! I have been thinking about you and your wife since our last meeting. I am so sorry that you ran into problems but very proud of you to stop. It is hard to admit our own limits whatever they may be. I will keep you in my prayers. I too have found this quite a rigorous and difficult trip! It is pouring now in Burgos (I took a bus) and I find myself being thankful for buses and warm sleeping bags. Please know that you have "run the good race" and inspire many of us to do so as well!

Finally arrived at Santiago on 09Oct, Thurs, at 1415hrs after 3 full hrs of rain in the morning. It's cold, wet and tiring. The shoes were ski-ingly wet.

Had to break for lunch before finding the courage/energy to navigate into the city. Too much traffic, noise and narrow streets. Into Seminario Menor albergue, eventually. Occupancy rate is rather low. Took my compostela on Friday, and that special 800 yr anniversary certificate from San Francisco convent on Sunday. It has been an unforgettable experience! Bueno a Camino to those completing soon!

Finally arrived at Santiago on 09Oct, Thurs, at 1415hrs after 3 full hrs of rain in the morning. It's cold, wet and tiring. The shoes were ski-ingly wet.

Had to break for lunch before finding the courage/energy to navigate into the city. Into Seminario Menor albergue, eventually. Occupancy rate is rather low. Took my compostela on Friday, and that special 800 yr anniversary certificate from San Francisco convent on Sunday. It has been an unforgettable experience! Bueno a Camino to those completing soon!
Yay!!!! Congrats!!!! Can you tell me more about the Fransciscan certificate? How to get it? Thanks and time to celebrate! In a warm dry room!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Joe!!! I have been thinking about you and your wife since our last meeting. I am so sorry that you ran into problems but very proud of you to stop. It is hard to admit our own limits whatever they may be. I will keep you in my prayers. I too have found this quite a rigorous and difficult trip! It is pouring now in Burgos (I took a bus) and I find myself being thankful for buses and warm sleeping bags. Please know that you have "run the good race" and inspire many of us to do so as well!

Hola,
Not all of us are Ironmen or Ironladies.

Yay!!!! Congrats!!!! Can you tell me more about the Fransciscan certificate? How to get it? Thanks and time to celebrate! In a warm dry room!
Hola,
Just appear at the Convent at 1000hrs with yr credentials. Give an optional donation. That's is. Alternatively, appear at 1900hrs, I think. They are giving it out this year, until some time in November, I think. You can google it. Better hurry!

Last edited:

Had to break for lunch before finding the courage/energy to navigate into the city. Too much traffic, noise and narrow streets. Into Seminario Menor albergue, eventually. Occupancy rate is rather low. Took my compostela on Friday, and that special 800 yr anniversary certificate from San Francisco convent on Sunday. It has been an unforgettable experience! Bueno a Camino to those completing soon!

Congratulations on reaching Santiago Jason. It seems like only yesterday when we had that meal in St Jean and when I met you again in Belorado. :)
The memories, mostly good, will live with you for quite a while.

Buen Camino!

Congratulations on reaching Santiago Jason. It seems like only yesterday when we had that meal in St Jean and when I met you again in Belorado. :)
The memories, mostly good, will live with you for quite a while.

Buen Camino!
Hola Dave,
Thanks a lot, been great meeting you before n during the Camino. Thanks for the great times we shared. Cheers!

Don't you just hate cold rain ? .. its sunny here in Barcelona and the beach nice .. but still miss the tough path and beautiful scenery and friends like you. Good luck lady appreciate the kind words. Be sure to post here to let me know how it goes ..

Buen Camino !

€60,-

Congratulations Jason!

My Camino is done . Got as far as Logrono but couldn't handle pain in hip and knee .Now sitting poolside at a hotel in Barcelona sipping coke zero writing this.

I feel good that I was able to get as far as I did .. The good of my experience far outweighed the not-so-good. A large part of the good was Laurie staying besides me making sure I didn't kill myself with over excursión.

Joe

Been following your progress with others and when you didn't post for a couple of days, hoped for the best.

Sorry you didn't go as far as you wanted but , as you now know, the Camino is not about walking, it is about friendships and you've certainly made many.

Best wishes to you and your wife.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Congrats! I'm a day out of Leon and after two days of heavy rain feel like a drowned rat!

Been following your progress with others and when you didn't post for a couple of days, hoped for the best.

Sorry you didn't go as far as you wanted but , as you now know, the Camino is not about walking, it is about friendships and you've certainly made many.

Best wishes to you and your wife.
Thanks Joe! ... Life is Good , I made many new friends as you said and had an incredible experience to boot . No bad feelings except in my hip and knee :). Can't wait to see how you and the others do .. I'm with every single one of you in spirit.

Buen Camino ! ( Go Eagles!)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I'm still in Leon today. Took a rest day. So I guess I'm two days behind you. Light rain here today. Has the rain ended in Astorga?
Light rain here as well but not as cold as yesterday. You will probably catch up to me. I have a purple backpack with a Texas state patch ;)

I'm in Palas de Rey tonight, walked in rain all day today but found a clothes dryer, electric that is, so at least I will start the day tomorrow dry. Many more pilgrims on the trail since Sarria.
Three days to Santiago!
Buen Camino!

I'm in Palas de Rey tonight, walked in rain all day today but found a clothes dryer, electric that is, so at least I will start the day tomorrow dry. Many more pilgrims on the trail since Sarria.
Three days to Santiago!
Buen Camino!
Hola,
Somehow, they never seemed to compete for the same albergues, that's how I felt.
The local pilgrims seem to have their own places to stay. Buen Camino!

Joe
Joe, so sorry you had to stop you Camino. I hope you Solve the pain is

That was pain issues. It has been some time since I last posted. We are two days out and will arrive in Santiago on Saturday the 18th.

What was it that General MacArthur said about the Philippians? " I shall return" .. might I add "In 2016" . I am happy your almost there !! It certainly is an incredible feat you have accomplished . Thank you for getting back to me petitewalker... was very curious on how you made out .

BC :)

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
What was it that General MacArthur said about the Philippians? " I shall return" .. might I add "In 2016" . I am happy your almost there !! It certainly is an incredible feat you have accomplished . Thank you for getting back to me petitewalker... was very curious on how you made out .

BC :)
Made it. Arrived Saturday Oct. ¹8th at 2:00 pm. Off to Finisterre tomorrow.

Congratulations petitewalker! Enjoy your trek to Finisterre.

Arrived in Santiago on the 18, limping but completed! Thrilled to see my wife who met me there. We are now in Paris seeing the sights and ready to fly home tomorrow!

It's been a Buen Camino. Thanks for all the insight from the forum. Fred, take care of yourself, you are a good man!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.