• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Shell Bar

MermaidLilli

Does anyone remember where the bar is, and its name, on the Via de la Plata, that has shells all over its walls that people put their names on?
Lillian

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi Lillian

In a little village called Alberguería there is bar called El Rincon de Peregrinos where the dueno gives you a shell to write your name on then he nails it to the shell covered ceiling!

He also has some provision, a sello and badges. All good!

You must be making good progress!

Hasta Santiago

John

As i recall the climb up to Albergeria is a killer, which makes that bar all the more welcome! (they had signs posted a couple of years ago: "Bar 1500 meters," "Bar 500 meters," etc. But the bar is still at least a kilometer away, straight UP! The signs are meant to encourage you, but they LIE) Have a cerveza for me!
Ultreya!
Rebekah

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The name of the man is Luis, and I have to say that in my opinion his prizes are not high.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

The bar is basic, no expresso machine but the Galician white wine is great. A definite place to stop. Here's Luis and a new welcome sign I did for him in Chinese (bottom). I think he is going to run out of space to hang the shells pretty soon.

Attachments

• Albergueria.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 750
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Yes - Luis is a very nice human-being; also he makes a good 'cafe solo' (actually I had 2 when I was there on 16 Oct 06) plays Mozart as back-ground music and had a lovely little fire going which I sat before and tried to dry my clothes a bit, while savouring my coffees; the road up from Laza is steep, long and -on that day- wet & windy.

buen camino

Peter

Most read last week in this forum