• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Shout out to Jacotrans!

Peregrandma

Time of past OR future Camino
2022, 2023, 2024
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days. Unfortunately, by our 14th day I had contracted a bacterial infection and we had to end our Camino. When I contacted Jacotrans to advise them that we no longer needed their service, they were concerned for my health and immediately (without my prompting) refunded the unused portion of our trip. I was floored by their thoughtful consideration of my situation! As such, I highly recommend Jacotrans for pilgrims who utilize baggage transport services. If you have a question, please send me a message.

Even more encouraging, the 8 hotels/hostals we had lined up immediately cancelled our reservations WITHOUT CHARGE. The grace and support of the Camino community was heart-warming.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days. Unfortunately, by our 14th day I had contracted a bacterial infection and we had to end our Camino. When I contacted Jacotrans to advise them that we no longer needed their service, they were concerned for my health and immediately (without my prompting) refunded the unused portion of our trip. I was floored by their thoughtful consideration of my situation! As such, I highly recommend Jacotrans for pilgrims who utilize baggage transport services. If you have a question, please send me a message.

Even more encouraging, the 8 hotels/hostals we had lined up immediately cancelled our reservations WITHOUT CHARGE. The grace and support of the Camino community was heart-warming.
Just goes to show, doesn't matter where people are from or what service they give, there is kindness in everyone.

During our first camino frances (2015), my wife developed leg pain and learned about backpack transport from another pilgrim / angel in Carrion de los Condes. We started sending her backpack ahead each day using Jakotrans. Two years later, we used Jakotrans again every day from Roncesvalles to Santiago. In 2019 and 2021 I joined her club and we again hired Jakotrans to transport both of our backpacks. They made it so easy; I sent them our daily stages and I paid a discounted amount in advance. In early 2023, I contacted Jakotrans and asked if they could recommend a company for backpack transport for Camino Portuguese. I was thrilled to learn that they expanded their service to also include CP. I used them last fall without a glitch. Their service and communications are superb and we plan to use them for our next planned camino in 2025. Bob

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yes, they are nice. I also love Caminofacil. I've used them for years.
I'm so happy your lodgings were cancelled without charge.
The Spanish are lovely people.
If I were younger, I swear I'd relocate.

We just had a similar heart warming experience with NCS Equipajes. We got to Atapuerca and our room reservation fell through and the owner of the place we ended up staying would only take cash which we were short on. I was $0.13 short of the 6 euros I needed to put in the envelope attached to my bag for NCS transport. I called and offered to pay with credit card etc… and they said ‘please don’t worry - it’s ok just put in what you have and we will take your bag.’ My back and feet couldn’t have carried it otherwise. I was so thankful for them and their kindness.
I have used Jacotransport as well and had a very good experience with them also.
When you are in a lot of pain these transport companies are the only way some of us can continue our pilgrimage. Cheers to them!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.