A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Sim Card in SJPdP?

Camino Badges

Geodoc

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (crossed Pyrenees then Sarria to SdC) 2018, Frances & Ingles Summer, 2019.
Anyone know if one can get a Sim Card in SJPdP, and if so, where?

The alternative is to get one at the Stansted Airport while awaiting my flight to Biarretz (I should have about 4 hours at the airport), but not sure that's the best option.

Felipe

Veteran Member
Try Euskaltek, 18 bis Avenue du Jai Alai, in the Carrefour supermarket center, not far from the old quarter.
See their IT services here. Closed in Sundays, apparently.

Last edited:

Geodoc

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (crossed Pyrenees then Sarria to SdC) 2018, Frances & Ingles Summer, 2019.
Yes. Last year I picked up a cheap phone in England, which worked in France & Spain. One just needs to dial the country code when calling.

rohanmce

Camino(s) past & future
{Sept-Oct 2019/SJPDP-Finisterre}
Will a SIM card purchased in France work in Spain?
Yes! But be careful and ask the right questions. My experience with Voda was that crossing the border meant a roaming rate was applied. Depending on the provider/plan you might be better off purchasing the SIM in Spain.

Geodoc

Camino(s) past & future
Any suggestions as to which town in Spain might have a place to buy one? I'm thinking Roncesvalles won't:)

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Members say there are no longer roaming charges in the EU with an EU purchased card. The problem is recharging the card if you run out of data or time in Spain and you bought the card elsewhere. It may make more sense to wait and get the card in Spain and try to use wifi until then.

[Edit: this recent thread may be useful: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/sim-card-or-phone-plan.62793/ ]

Last edited:

Mera

Camino(s) past & future
Camino France, Camino del Norte, Camino de Madrid
Camino Porto, Camino Primitivo
Anyone know if one can get a Sim Card in SJPdP, and if so, where?

The alternative is to get one at the Stansted Airport while awaiting my flight to Biarretz (I should have about 4 hours at the airport), but not sure that's the best option.
I have been traveling with T-Mobile for years. It works on 100 plus countries. Gives unlimited data (2G speed) with no roaming fee, free wifi calling or 25 cents for a minute. I didn't need to dial country code, just dial like local people and that is how I made reservations. I usually find a place through Booking.com, find the phone number through Google, then call the lodging directly. They are willing to give you about 10% discount because that is the fee the Booking .com charges. During the 2-month period, only 3 hotels charged the same rate as Booking.com. So, I saved a lot.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 3.9%
  • April

Votes: 158 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 259 25.0%