• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

SJPdP to SdC 2019. This year to Fisterra too!

PiryatJos

Pilgrim Brit
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances - SJPdP - SdC (Oct/Nov '18) (Sep/Oct '19)

Camino del Norte - Santander - SdC (2021)
I will be arriving in Saint-Jean at the early evening on 17th September. Just enough time to wash off the travel of a car to a ferry to a coach to another coach then a plane then a minibus. I hope I will get to meet someone enough to at least grab a bite with them for at least that first night. Set off first night on the 18th. I walked from Saint-Jean last year and liked it. It want to walk to Fisterra this year, only reason I didn't last year was the rain and wanted to explore Madrid while I have a chance. Couldn't do both.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I will be arriving in Saint-Jean at the early evening on 17th September. Just enough time to wash off the travel of a car to a ferry to a coach to another coach then a plane then a minibus. I hope I will get to meet someone enough to at least grab a bite with them for at least that first night. Set off first night on the 18th. I walked from Saint-Jean last year and liked it. It want to walk to Fisterra this year, only reason I didn't last year was the rain and wanted to explore Madrid while I have a chance. Couldn't do both.

You're hoping to meet someone to at least grab a bite with. You might consider to stay at albergue Beilari in St. Jean: http://www.beilari.info/en

It's a lovely albergue, in which they serve a common meal for the pilgrims. For me, this was a perfect way to start my Camino, eating and sharing with fellow pilgrims. It's right in the center of the town, just across the street from the pilgrim's office.

You're hoping to meet someone to at least grab a bite with. You might consider to stay at albergue Beilari in St. Jean: http://www.beilari.info/en

It's a lovely albergue, in which they serve a common meal for the pilgrims. For me, this was a perfect way to start my Camino, eating and sharing with fellow pilgrims. It's right in the center of the town, just across the street from the pilgrim's office.

I can't remember where I'm staying but it's not Beilari. I will only have just enough time to go to the
Pilgrim's Office and wash myself before their meal. I want time to collect myself. If I don't meet anyone I will just eat alone. I don't want to rush then be overwhelmed by a group meal so soon. Plus, I don't want to start off in too nice a place and will only splash out when I have to. I shared a few rooms with just my "Camino family" and that was nice enough.

I start my 1st Camino from St Jean on Sept 18, my 77th Birthday. Have reservations at Orisson for the 18th. Staying at la colquille napoleon on the 17th.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I will be arriving SJPDP via bus from Pamplona on Sept 17. Would love to meet up with you.

I am not sure if I replied to this or not, but I will be there on Sept 17 and would love to meet for dinner.

I am not sure if I replied to this or not, but I will be there on Sept 17 and would love to meet for dinner.
That'll be cool. I should be arriving at 6:15PM. We could meet at 7PM outside the Pilgrims Office? I'm Chris.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
That'll be cool. I should be arriving at 6:15PM. We could meet at 7PM outside the Pilgrims Office? I'm Chris.
I don't know where the Pilgrim's office is, but I am sure I can find out. I booked a room at Maison Simonenia in SJPDP. I am hoping everything is central or close by?

Hi Chris, now that I have learned how to navigate this forum and I have been on it everyday since I joined on July 31st, I found this thread that I barely remember posting. I am still going to be staying in SJPDP on September 17, but I have changed my reservation and am now staying at an Air BnB, supposedly right next to the Pilgrim's Office. If you are still interested, I can meet you at 7 pm outside the Pilgrim Office.

Marla

Hi Chris, now that I have learned how to navigate this forum and I have been on it everyday since I joined on July 31st, I found this thread that I barely remember posting. I am still going to be staying in SJPDP on September 17, but I have changed my reservation and am now staying at an Air BnB, supposedly right next to the Pilgrim's Office. If you are still interested, I can meet you at 7 pm outside the Pilgrim Office.

Marla
Yeah, can do. I hadn't forgotten.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back