• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

skipping 10 days

Gens

Time of past OR future Camino
Walking May 1st 2013 from Le Puy to Finisterre
Hello perigrinos,

Dut to time constraint, i would like to skip 10 days of my treck from le puy to saint jean pied de port.

I thought that i would walk from le puy for about 10 days, take a public transport for about 250km further on the road and keep going to saint jean.

I thought of skipping the part from conques to moissac.
Is there eaily accessible public transport from one city to the other?
Should i skip another part of the road? (because it's a too nice part)

My other alternative would be to go from le puy to santiago (or ideally to finisterre) in 60 days flat... but that seems like much...

Any suggestion would be appreciated!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi Gens, that depends on how many days you have, or you want to be on the camino. It sound like you might be able to spend 60 days in Spain, with that you can do the entire Camino Francés from St. Jean Pied de Port or LePuy and have plenty of time to relax/travel around the country. If indeed you have the time, don´t skip any of it! You´ll look back and feel a great satisfaction of having done the CDS. :)
Public transportation in Spain is very accessible, so if you feel that you must skip a section, you can find a train or a bus to go wherever you need to.

Ultreia!

Mary

I went from Conques to Moissac last year. It is possible, but it does involve several changes of transport.

It was a school day when I was leaving Conques, so I was able to take the early morning school bus that goes to Rodez. It doesn't take a direct, fast route to Rodez, as it stops at various schools and had a break at St Christophe(?) for some other buses to link with us. Once in Rodez I went into the railway station- the bus stopped here- and found out that there was a bus soon leaving for Montauban. (There were trains also, but it was a much longer wait for one of those.) Once there I took the Toulouse bound train which stopped at Moissac.

The other option you have if it isn't a school day, is to take a taxi to St Christophe, where the Paris train passes. You catch a train in the other direction, but as I didn't take this option, I can't remember exactly where the train went to. The taxi to St Christophe wasn't very expensive.

There is 'pilgrim transport' out of Conques in the direction of Figeac or back to Le Puy in the season. I asked about this, but it never left Conques until around midday or later.
Margaret

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you both for your reply!

Actually, i would like to spend 60 days on the camino and i want to leave from le puy en velay and go to santiago (and to finisterre hopefully). Since 60 days seems like not enough time (to appreciate) (70 would seem more realistic) i thought that i could skip a few stages in france (10 days worth). But i don't know what stages to skip...

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back