• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Small internal compression bags

Wildhogget

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances completed 28/03/2024
Hi everyone,
I am trying to find small small internal compression bag organizers for my daypack, I live in Spain and was looking at Decathlon, but can only find the usual non compression organizers, I need something to keep my fleece or lightweight coat in, another for wet gear and another for general accessories.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I’ve got some by ‘Sea to summit’ the smallest is 5 or 6 litres. They’re well made.

Alternately the roll-top clip-fastening dry-bags (many brands, I use ‘Exped’) work well.

As to where you can get them in Spain, I don’t know.
Ok thanks I will check Amazon

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Do they have to compress? If you don't take too much gear, it might not matter.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi everyone,
I am trying to find small small internal compression bag organizers for my daypack, I live in Spain and was looking at Decathlon, but can only find the usual non compression organizers, I need something to keep my fleece or lightweight coat in, another for wet gear and another for general accessories.

I use the Osprey 20l Dry Sack to compress and keep my clothes dry. I can fit all my spare clothes into this dry bag and because of its cube shape it fits nicely inside my 20L back pack which in turns satisfies Ryanair's hand luggage dimensions that fits under the seat. I've tried other compression sacks, but they tend to me more cylindrical which leaves a lot of empty unused space in my backpack.
The backpack that I use is actually a running backpack - Ultimate Direction Fastpack 20L, but I find it big enough for everything that I need.

I have a Granite gear brand dry bag which is only 13 liters and it holds all my clothes. I sit on it in the morning to compress it and and then shove it in my pack and it conforms perfectly to whatever space I need. I have been using the same one since 2016 for both the Camino and camping and it also makes a reasonable pillow with the clothes in it, if needed. Granite gear makes several sizes.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I’ve got some by ‘Sea to summit’ the smallest is 5 or 6 litres. They’re well made.

Alternately the roll-top clip-fastening dry-bags (many brands, I use ‘Exped’) work well.

Another recommendation for the Sea-to-Summit dry bags. The compressed down nicely and remained sealed until I unrolled the tops! Work great to both compress and keep things dry.

Try amazon.es They should carry them.

Hi everyone,

Alternately, I have gotten rid of most of the stuff sacks and bags for my packable jackets, etc. I just roll them up and put a heavy rubberband around them now. I just use a dry bag for my evening clothes and a stuff sack for my CPAP.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I don't know whether you are looking for physical stores or online stores.
In any case, have a look at:
Forumsport
tradeinn
aventuramania
verticoutdoor
barrabes
etc....

Hi everyone,

My down pufffy jacket packs into a 1 liter ziploc. Toiletries get another ziplock. Sundries get a third. I carry a couple extra ziplocks for unexpecteds and miscellaneous, and a couple superlight bags from produce section of supermarket for leftover food (they are lighter and larger than ziplocks and easily replaceable without having to buy a whole box-full). All spare clothes, sleeping bag and inflatable pillow fit into an 8 liter Sea to Summit dry bag that weighs about 55 grams. I initially used an 8 liter Sea to Summit compression sack, but since my 33 liter rucksack has lots of excess space anyway, the complicated strapping and extra weight of the compression bag only made for inefficiency, and it cost more. I can actually compress the drybag considerably by sqeezing it against the floor while rolling the top closed. In rare instances of wet gear carried during the day, it will hang off the outside of the pack to dry or gets stored between nylafume pack liner and pack itself; no need for its own sack. I hand wash dirty laundry at the end of the day anyway, so no need to have a special means for routinely carrying accumulated dirty laundry.....which is pretty disgusting and inefficient, in my humble opinion🙃.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I find the shape of the Osprey stuff sacks is more useful in my pack than the rounder Sea to Summit. I just sit in them to do them up so they expand to fill the space available to them as I walk along.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Hi! I am 15 days out from my Camino, and suddenly my Buen Camino app is crashing every time I try to look at my stages! I have rebooted my phone, done the "restore app" within the app, rebooted...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.