A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Snowing in Burgos.

Stephen Nicholls

Steve Nicholls, Suffolk, U.K.
Camino(s) past & future
Too many caminos to list in the permitted 100 characters!!
I can't really "like" that message, Dave. I think I'll stick to the UK for the moment - in East Anglia we have sunshine and 15 degrees! However .....
.... Buen camino, amigo! and get out the sledge!

zrexer

Camino(s) past & future
2014, 15,16 & 19 Camino Frances
2017 Camino Portuguese
2018 Camino Primitivo
Well, still warmer than where I live right now. But not snowing here at the moment in northern Alberta. Spring is being as stubborn here as it is in Spain this year!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances: SJPdP-Burgos, (2015); Burgos-Sarria (2018); Sarria-Santiago (2018).
Frances (2020)
I'll be arriving in Burgos in less than a week. Looks like I won't be wear wearing my sandals.:cool:

I hope the weather breaks soon. For your sake, and for all those walking right now, as much as for my own. Buen Camino.

Lolaisqueen

Camino(s) past & future
Frances "2016"
I'll be arriving in Burgos in less than a week. Looks like I won't be wear wearing my sandals.:cool:

I hope the weather breaks soon. For your sake, and for all those walking right now, as much as for my own. Buen Camino.
Think its promised nice next week :)

Kathar1na

Camino(s) past & future
Santiago and beyond (own way - voie de Tours - camino francés - Biskaya - Manche)
Last edited:

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Camino(s) past & future
100 characters or fewer : see signature details
I'm at the same latitude in France as the Francès, and it's been raining non-stop here -- and at a far lower altitude, so it's quite clear that up on top it must be snow.

Start to clear up this weekend hopefully.

tomnorth

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances: September 24 - October 31 (2015); Fall (2020) I hope
Well, still warmer than where I live right now. But not snowing here at the moment in northern Alberta. Spring is being as stubborn here as it is in Spain this year!
Same here in Minnesota (Twin Cities). The ground is still snow covered and more snow is forecast for the weekend. Ugh!

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(x4), Fisterra/Muxía(x2), VdlP, Jerusalem, VF, Walsingham,
C inglés. Next: Gd St Bernard to Rome
Take care pilgrims.
Here in South East UK, it is raining and ... Still raining :-( Paths very muddy and most walks this week had to be cancelled.

Kanga

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese.
Hope it warms up before I get to Spain in two weeks. We are the exact opposite - having an extraordinarily extended summer - two days ago was the hottest April day ever recorded (Sydney).

Phil Smith

Camino(s) past & future
(2016)StJ to Viana (2017): Viana to Castrojeriz (2018) Castrojeriz to Leon
(2019) León to Sarria
What a truly different Camino experience we are having in our third installment ... rain, wind and snow. When the sun comes out it is lovely, but it has been rare. Prepared for the rain ... it's the lower temperatures that have caught us out. Thankfully the warmth of welcome by fellow peregrinos and albergue staff has more than made up for the weather. Just spent a wonderful evening in the Alberge de Peregrinos de la Santa Cruz in Sahagun. As always ... the Camino provides!

Attachments

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (July 2016), Primitivo (July 2018), Portuguese (March 2019)
Just arrived in Fonforia after walking from Trabadelo over O Cebreiro. The path up to O Cebreiro is free of snow but there was a km or so of snow as soon as we left O Cebreiro. Walking was very difficult; trying to walk in previous footprints is extremely tiring. There were further gullies of deep snow intermittently all the way to Fonforia. Perhaps as recompense, the albergue A Reboleira is absolutely stunning. They've even got little plastic pipes blowing warm air into our gore-tex but absolutely sodden boots.

Lolaisqueen

Camino(s) past & future
Frances "2016"
Hola, nice is a very arbitary term. Yes maybe not snowing, but the snow in the Pyrenses, around Atapuerca and west in Galacia will still be around. Please stay safe, no risks!
I know! It was tough just before St Juan de Ortega but we managed :)
Hola, nice is a very arbitary term. Yes maybe not snowing, but the snow in the Pyrenses, around Atapuerca and west in Galacia will still be around. Please stay safe, no risks!

Laurie Bryan Larson

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, June/July 2018
Camino Frances, Sept/Oct 2013
I can't really "like" that message, Dave. I think I'll stick to the UK for the moment - in East Anglia we have sunshine and 15 degrees! However .....
.... Buen camino, amigo! and get out the sledge!
Where are you in East Anglia, Stephen? I spent some time there some years back--particularly Wethersfield!

howlsthunder

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés (2018)
Camino Francés (2020)
Currently in Burgos - April 19. Hit 23C yesterday and at least 20C today. Didn’t notice any flakes. ;). Amazing how quick the weather can change!

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
camino07 Weather 13
alansykes Weather 6
ivar Weather 7

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 154 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 254 24.9%