• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Something to think about

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you so much for posting this.

I began hiking a LOT a few years ago, in preparation for going on Camino Frances in October 2015. I hiked about 40 miles weekly, and immediately noticed that my attitude changed.

--I quit going back in time to unpleasant occurrences (losses).

--I found that I was able to go into a "zen-like" state of not thinking.

--My blood pressure and weight greatly improved. I am now twenty pounds lighter than last year at this time. That is a LOT of weight. So, I feel better, and I look better--so I'm a happier person generally.

Camino de Santiago planning--and walking--changed my life for the better in so many ways. My family gets to tease me and/or razz me about it all too, so everyone benefits!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks, Scruffy. Great article.

Solvitur ambulance... It is solved by walking...
attributed to St Augustine

Going with out arriving... the Walking Meditation of Thich Nhat Hahn

and the whole emerging field of environmental psychology...

Walk On!

Exactly! Though one really does have to cut out the technology connection stuff .. switch that phone off, stop listening to music ... and, well, if you want the Zen moments, the feelings of deep bliss, then you have to walk alone, otherwise you end up chatting about what Steve did at the last office party or which car has the best fuel consumption instead!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum