Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Spanish equivalent of mums or emergency-c

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
When you walk the Camino, and suddenly a pandemic appears

Faye Walker

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
CF 2014, CF 2018, CP 2019 from Coimbra
Maybe you will find the answer here?

But I would try any farmacia.Spanish pharmacies are so well stocked and the staff knows what they are doing.
I would also try the Decathlon and Planeta Agua outdoor stores along the way, and the Harrican outdoor store in Astorga.
I can buy these tablets in Canada at MEC (our equivalent to REI), and at some pharmacies (but not all) and at some higher-end grocery stores.

Canuck

Veteran wanderer
Past OR future Camino
?
Greetings from Gernika! Looking for the Spanish equivalent of powder or tablets that you put in your water to add electrolytes. Mine ran out already!

What are they called and where can you find them? Any help would surely be appreciated!
Hi,
If you put in your google search:
pastilla electrolitos en bilbao espana
You will get a list of places where you can resupply in Bilbao.
Good luck and buen camino.

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Past OR future Camino
06,CF;13,CP;17,SSal;19,Ingles
I used something called 'litines' from farmacias. They predate modern branded super duper electrolyte variations. The sooner you drink it, the sooner it is gone till the next morning!

Past OR future Camino
See signature. Too many to list here.
Thanks all for your suggestions! I will probably try all of them along the way.

The pharmacy sold me this… which can be added to water apparently. But I do prefer the “fizz”. image.jpg

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

LesR

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2017, 2018; Camino Portuguese 2019
The farmacias generally have a good selection of all kinds of effervescent vitamin tablets. I particularly like the Magnesium/potassium ones for caminos. View attachment 108771
My choice too - just walked into a faracia with an empty packet of what I was using previously and asked for an equivalent.

A word of warning - the product pictured has a high level of potassium (375 mgm per tablet), which can cause serious problems if over-dosing. Stick to the recommended usage...

Last edited:

alipilgrim

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Listed in my signature
My choice too - just walked into a faracia with an empty packet of what I was using previously and asked for an equivalent.

A word of warning - the product pictured has a high level of potassium (375 mgm per tablet), which can cause serious problems if over-dosing. Stick to the recommended usage...
Les, the package does say the Potasio is 375mg or 19% Valor de Referencia de Nutriente, which I take as ‘daily recommended limit’. Is that too much for one dose?

BTW, the Magnesio is 100%.

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

LesR

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2017, 2018; Camino Portuguese 2019
Probably not, otherwise the tablet wouldnt be as large...? The "advicd for use" does say only one per day. So i limited my intakd to just one per day, despite sweating freely whilst walking. I had been consuming thrre or four tablets that i brought from Oz to Spain, and it was a bit of a shock to see how much eas packed into the spanish product (same with Ibuprofen pills...)

from memory, too much potassium can have dire consequences for the heart

I tried looking for the same in Oz but could fond only ones with 100 mgm potassium...

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings