• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Spending the night in Navarrete.

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan to walk Camino de Santiago April/May/June 2016.
Hi Camino family, I'm spending the night in Navarrete and everything is right on schedule. If anyone can tell me a little of what's to come or look forward to seeing or doing I would appreciate? Take care you all and Buen Camino Mvh. NorwegianWalker

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We're in Navarette today (Wednesday)!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Oh I think it's the one where you have to put money to light it up!
Same in Santiago Cathedral. So very cold, unemotional, strange approach. I can't do it. I just lit candle in my mind.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Oh no don't sqib the euro for the lights - the church in Navarette is one of the hidden gems on the Camino - exquisite retablos. Really a five star, and if a euro helps preserve it then it is money well spent.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Last edited:
I had tapas in Navarette and learned that I am really quite allergic to squid ink

Same in Santiago Cathedral. So very cold, unemotional, strange approach. I can't do it. I just lit candle in my mind.

I think the 'lightening' refers to the illumination of the retablo, which is spectacular, not to the lightening of an electric candle ;-) Buen Camino, SY

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I passed through on my last Camino but this year i think i will stop for the night,any recommendations for a good alberque ?

Albergue Pilgrims run by a lovely German man called Michael. It's on the main street just along from the municipal albergue.
He offers single beds as well as bunks and private rooms. I ate breakfast there, but missed the evening meal as I was joining other pilgrims at Bar Deportivo. Apparently I missed an excellent paella and good food and conversation at Pilgrims - although I nevertheless had a most enjoyable evening out.
http://www.albergue-pilgrims-navarrete.com/

Indeed you did miss a wonderful paella.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Thank you so much for that info.

And he even offers kimchi for Korean pilgrims! SY

Most read last week in this forum