• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Spotted in the wild. By wild I mean REI.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hahaha! I just bought 3 pair of these socks earlier this week. Not SO much because of the Camino logo (though that WAS pretty cool) but because they are double layer socks and have a no-blister guarantee. I figured it would be easier than liner socks. We'll see...

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Wright socks are the only ones I wear. I used to run a lot and they really were the first blister-free option I found. Haven't seen the Camino themed ones, though!

Well, socks aren't the only factor when trying to prevent blisters. Fit of shoes, breathability of shoes, taking your shoes off to air out your feet regularly, lubrication if you need it, etc.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I saw those Camino logo Wrightsocks in stores on the Frances last year. I would buy some, but I prefer their lower cut, lighter weight socks.

To the manufacturer's credit, the actually seem to have gotten the stars / shells pointed in the correct direction, with the joint, or hinge side, where all the paths converge, pointed FRONT, towards your destination...Santiago. THANK YOU.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The only time I wore double layer blister free socks I got terrible blisters. Also heard others complaining about them. Of course I can’t be certain it was the socks but as footwear was the same as before, it would point to them. I will never risk them again.

I wore those same socks last May on the Camino Francis, got a small heel blister first day. Right boot was tied to tight. Made adjustment and later put a strip of Hyperfix on back of my heel. Then a blister between forth and pinkie tor. Again with a small strip of Hyperfix around toe. Thereafter no problems all the way to End of Earth.

Most read last week in this forum