• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

St Jean Pied de Port Accomodation

Mike C

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (Sept 2016)
Hi all, I am starting my Camino Sept 17 2016 from St Jean ....I have been so busy trying to finish my work I have not booked a place to stay in St Jean the night of the 16th. What is the best way to find a place? Have I waited to long?

I am doing the Camino alone and it was a rather spontaneous decision so I have not done as much research as others. Where does one get the Camino Passport from for the walk?

Does anyone have any experience with Spanish wireless (mobile WIFI) providers? Is there a lot of free wifi available? My local (Canadian) cellular company charges an arm and a leg for data, and I think I may need the ones I have for walking!

Thanks / Gracias / Merci in advance

Mike in Canada .....soon SJPDP

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Lots of free Wi-Fi in albergue.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Mike, I'm arriving St Jean on Wednesday, nothing booked for that night. I have been told the Pilgrim Office will point us in the direction of a bed and provide us with 'passport'. In them we trust!
As for wireless a friend who did it in April/May stated there was never a problem getting it at accommodation, cafe's and bars. He made a point of saying over there it is pronounced 'wee fee'. Not totally sure he wasn't winding me up though.

Not too late at all if you want to book in advance. Click HERE to see some of the options currently offered on Booking.com for a reasonable price (mostly)! Nice to have the first night sorted before leaving home. As noted above, the Pilgrim's office will set you up with your credentials and a printout of Albergues and their distances/amenities for further planning each day. Good luck and Buen Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
... What is the best way to find a place? Have I waited to long?

... Where does one get the Camino Passport from for the walk?

... Is there a lot of free wifi available?

You can download a PDF with all the albergues on the CF here from this forum: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...lbergues-on-the-camino-frances-in-one-pdf.10/ and make your reservation via their websites etc. If you arrive late in the evening, you might want to tell them about that.

You get the pilgrims passport in the pilgrims office in SJPdP which is open until the last train/bus has arrived. They also help to find you a bed if you don't have a reservation.

Plenty of free wifi around!

Buen Camino, SY

No, he wasn't. If you check the rules for Spanish pronunciation, you can confirm that "wee fee" is correct.
I'll let him off then, thanks for that, thought he might have been setting me up for a fall. That's the 'doubting Thomas' in me.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Ditto tomnorth and others for Beilari. It was a wonderful experience, starting out with a ready-made family of 26 other pilgrims. The Pilgrim Office can also assist you with other accommodations. Buen Camino.

Hi all, I am starting my Camino Sept 17 2016 from St Jean ....I have been so busy trying to finish my work I have not booked a place to stay in St Jean the night of the 16th. What is the best way to find a place? Have I waited to long?

I am doing the Camino alone and it was a rather spontaneous decision so I have not done as much research as others. Where does one get the Camino Passport from for the walk?

Does anyone have any experience with Spanish wireless (mobile WIFI) providers? Is there a lot of free wifi available? My local (Canadian) cellular company charges an arm and a leg for data, and I think I may need the ones I have for walking!

Thanks / Gracias / Merci in advance

Mike in Canada .....soon SJPDP
If you are able to get a reservation, I agree with others, Beilari is the place to stay. You can find info and make a reservation there at http://www.beilari.info/en/reservations.

Getting picked up hopefully at 1815 at Biarritz and need to go to Pilgrim Office on arrival. So didn't book Beilari in case I didn't make dinner but considering it as an option, thank you. Having a pint at Stansted waiting for my Biarritz flight as we speak.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back