• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Staircase to see in Santiago

KiwiNomad06

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy-Santiago(2008) Cluny-Conques+prt CF(2012)
While I was in Santiago I spent some time with a young woman I met from New York, and she told me to go to Museo do Pobo Galego- to see the amazing staircase in the building as much as the displays. There are three separate staircases twirling around each other- taking you to different places. Being a bit directionally challenged, I am not sure if I saw all the displays or not, but the staircase was superb! If you have some time free in Santiago,I think that this place is really worth a visit.
Margaret

Attachments

• Staircase.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 403
Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Thank you for the cue. If I reach Santiago this fall, I'll make a point to go and look at it I'd be interested as well in other sites not to miss in Santiago. I have visited the roofs of the Cathedral, which I found fascinating. Anything else?

Other sites in Santiago well worth visiting include the fascinating Museo de Santiago y de las Peregrinaciones/Museum of Santiago and Pilgrimages in the fourteenth century Casa Gótica on the Rua de San Miguel (-- http://www.mdperegrinacions.com/pages/historia.html) and the multitude of vistas seen while following Johnnie Walker 's New route in Santiago 'which traces the entry of the main Camino routes into the city and passes through some of the most scenic, historic and hidden parts of Santiago' --http://www.caminodesantiago.me/board/discuss-news-from-santiago/topic14360.html. In December at the end of my next Camino I hope to explore all these more fully.

Margaret

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum