• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Stamping credencial in north France

Hamble walker

Time of past OR future Camino
From Channel to Santiago 2016)
I am starting at Cherbourg in April, and walking via Mt St Michel and Angers to join the Paris route at St Jean d'Angely (and then continuing on to Santiago).
Does anyone know where I can get my pilgrim's passport stamped in France when I am not on a main pilgrimage route?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Just about very town has a tourist office, and they all seem to have some sort of stamp

In France most restaurants, bars and hotels have stamps; just ask wherever you stop.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Tourist offices, hotels/bars/restaurants, mairies, churches - even let somebody draw a stamp in your credencial. In the end they are mementos for you, so feel free to think outside the usual stamp box. Buen Camino, SY

I am starting at Cherbourg in April, and walking via Mt St Michel and Angers to join the Paris route at St Jean d'Angely (and then continuing on to Santiago).
Does anyone know where I can get my pilgrim's passport stamped in France when I am not on a main pilgrimage route?
Not only Offices de Tourisme, but also Mairies (every little village has one), and Hôtels de Ville (town hall) in towns.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
We are coming from New Zealand and I'm tempted to stick it in front of the custom person for a stamp on our way out

Hi,

The Breton St James Association deals with the Normand and Breton section of the way called "Voie des Plantagenêts" between Mont-St-Michel and Via Turonensis.

Today I was with a friend close to Mont-St-Michel on this section to meet the people of the places (private, B&B, hotel, gîtes ...) where the pilgrims can stay for their stages on this way. During our visit we proposed 2 stamps ! Every stage has at least a stamp.

I have begun to re-publish the French guide book of this way ... hoping to finish this task for the next spring ...

There are 2 guide books written by a English couple in 2008 for a route coming from Winchester in UK and going through Mont-St-Michel to Angers to reach the Tours Way close to St-Jean-d'Angély. For that there are 2 guide books in English of a route they called the Three Saints Way :

http://pilgrimagepublications.com/p...e-saints-way-winchester-to-mont-saint-michel/

http://pilgrimagepublications.com/p...nts-way-mont-st-michel-to-saint-jean-dangely/

I don't know if these guide books were updated ?

Théo

Last edited:
Thank you Theo, it is good to know that those who run places to stay can help with this.
I have bought the Mont St Michel to St Jean d'Angely book - a 2012 edition

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.