• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting at Biarritz

Jfdeasy

Time of past OR future Camino
September 23
Thinking of doing a two week hike starting at Biarritz ending up at Bilbao
Looking for some feedback on this walk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I did that exactly! Also walked Biarritz to SJPdP to Pamplona to Somport (via Camino Aragon) then on to Lourdes (Arles and Piemonte)! Both routes are lively, have pilgrim support, and with easy to moderate hiking conditions.

For your B to B idea, the path is clearly marked. Accommodations are generally easy to find and many are pilgrim-centric. Some bed difficulty occurs around Markena due to vacationers and the transient surf community, but it’s a minor hassle and not an impassable obstacle.

Transportation to the start and from the end is easy.

What else would you like to know?

Wow! What a great idea. I was driven through the area by a most lovely Basque guide (have I mentioned she was lovely?) and thought about doing exactly what you plan. Seems like such a beautiful area once you get out of the development. I'm jealous -- would love to hear your report upon your return. Be bold and enjoy! If you meet a lovely Basque lady with chestnut brown hair and dark eyes, do consider tearing up the tickets for your return flight.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Do you know if there is anywhere in Biarritz where you can obtain a credential stamp / sello?

Do you know if there is anywhere in Biarritz where you can obtain a credential stamp / sello?
This may not be exactly what you're looking for, but a wonderful place to visit (and possibly start) your camino is the cathedral in Bayonne. We got a stamp in March 2022 and started or Norte from there. You could take a taxi, or if if you have time walk from Biarritz to there.

Most of the hotels and businesses have their official business stamp that you can get - not truly a “pilgrim sello” but works to document your journey. If you walk from Biarritz, I’d add the extra day and start in Bayonne simply to begin at the cathedral there. In fact, you can start upon landing at the airport and simply walk to Bayonne for your first stage. Day 2 to Biarritz, then on down the coast

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

In the Guardian. Interesting "Letters to the Editor..." https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2024/apr/18/a-modern-pilgrimages-transformative-power?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back