• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting at SJPDP on 15th September

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello!

I will be arriving in SJPDP on Tuesday 14th September and starting my first Camino Frances on Wednesday 15th.

Taking a quick break from the old career treadmill to take in the view for a bit :)

Looking forward to perhaps meeting any fellow pilgrims starting around the same time.

Buen Camino!
Pete
Welcome to the Forum, Pete.

Buen Camino!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello!

I will be arriving in SJPDP on Tuesday 14th September and starting my first Camino Frances on Wednesday 15th.

Taking a quick break from the old career treadmill to take in the view for a bit :)

Looking forward to perhaps meeting any fellow pilgrims starting around the same time.

Buen Camino!
Pete
Hello Pete,
I too will begin The Frances on Sept 15
Certain we will cross paths.
Very excited !
See you there
Eliza

Hello!

Buen Camino!
Pete
Buenos dias Pete,

Congratulations, it is such a good idea, my treadmill break begins 13-Sep, just a few days ahead of you. Congratulations and look to see you on the camino.

Buen camino,

Martín

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello!

Buen Camino!
Pete
Hi Pete,
I arrive at SJPP on the 13th and will walk to Alburgue Borda on the 14th. Perhaps our paths will cross. Buen Camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello!

Buen Camino!
Pete
I start on the 7th of Sept, arriving in SJPdP on the 6th. I plan to take my time with plenty of days off. You may catch up to me.

Hello!

Buen Camino!
Pete
Pete we shoukd be arriving from Le Puy route late on the 15th!!!! Hope to meet you!!!!

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Hello, myself and my husband are starting from SJPP on the 15th too. Hope to meet you!

Hello!

Buen Camino!
Pete
Hi Pete, I will also be arriving in SJPP on the late on the 14th. I will be staying 2 nights at the Gite Mikala to get over the jet lag and settle a bit from all the travel. I will be starting my Camino on the 16th, staying that night in Orisson. I don't want to overtax my old legs right from the start! I hope we will meet along some where along the road. Buen Camino, Chris (IdaHo Gal)

Welcome to the Forum, Pete.

Buen Camino!
I and my friend, Sandy will be starting on the 16th from SJPDP on the 16th. Are you coming from the US? We are hoping COVID doesn’t stop us from getting into Spain and then France. Maybe we’ll walk into you. How far are you going?
Buen Camino
Barb

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I and my friend, Sandy will be starting on the 16th from SJPDP on the 16th. Are you coming from the US? We are hoping COVID doesn’t stop us from getting into Spain and then France. Maybe we’ll walk into you. How far are you going?
Buen Camino
Barb
Barb, I will also be leaving SJPDP on the 16th. I will be staying the first night at Orisson as I do not want to start my old legs too quickly. I look forward to seeing you on the road. I can't wait to meet you and Sandy!

Hello!

Buen Camino!
Pete
I'll be starting my first then. Hope to see you on the trail.

Safe travels

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Buenos dias Pete,

Congratulations, it is such a good idea, my treadmill break begins 13-Sep, just a few days ahead of you. Congratulations and look to see you on the camino.

Buen camino,

Martín

Buenos dias Martin! I quite agree, I never imagined I would do this. Hopefully we'll cross paths, buen camino :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi Pete,
I arrive at SJPP on the 13th and will walk to Alburgue Borda on the 14th. Perhaps our paths will cross. Buen Camino!

Hi Monica, I hope so!

I am thinking of staying at or near Orisson after the first day of walking as I've heard the first day is a tough incline - do you recommend it?

Buen Camino!

Wow! So many pilgrims heading to the Camino this month. I’ll be tailing behind as I leave SJPP on Sept 21. This is my first Camino - solo. Making up for lost time as now I’m retired with less commitments.

Better late than never! Glad you've found the time for it, buen Camino :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Pete, I will also be arriving in SJPP on the late on the 14th. I will be staying 2 nights at the Gite Mikala to get over the jet lag and settle a bit from all the travel. I will be starting my Camino on the 16th, staying that night in Orisson. I don't want to overtax my old legs right from the start! I hope we will meet along some where along the road. Buen Camino, Chris (IdaHo Gal)

Sounds like a good plan, Chris! I'm a London (UK, not Ontario) boy so not so much jet lag to get over, but I will be staying at Orisson the first night as I've heard the climb into the Pyrenees is quite formidable. I'm sure you'll find your groove and be overtaking me before long! Til then, buen Camino :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Buen Camino
Barb

From the UK, flying into Biarritz then getting the train down to SJPDP. I hope you're able to make it in - seems a bit touch and go at the moment :(

I'll be going all the way to SdC and would be happy to walk with you :) Til then, buen Camino!

Hi Monica, I hope so!

I am thinking of staying at or near Orisson after the first day of walking as I've heard the first day is a tough incline - do you recommend it?

Buen Camino!
I’ve actually not done a Camino before, this is my first! 😃 I’ve heard it is quite an incline. 9 km to Alburgue Borda. I’ve heard it can be foggy in the morning and that it is wise to walk with someone.

Howdy Everyone ! I will be arriving SJPDP on the 16th and start walking on the 17th. My first and solo . Buen Camino and Good Vibes everyone ! See you on the trail ! Marcel

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello all - I am beginning the Frances from SJPDP on Sept 13th and staying at Orisson that evening as I want to give my body a chance to adjust to the jetlag and the Pyrenees! It's my first camino, so it's nice to see a few of you on this forum and know that other pilgrims are around as I wasn't sure what September would bring - See you all on the camino!

Buen Camino!
Lynne

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.