• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting from Almeria, April 3rd

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Portuguese, Catalan, Moz, VdlP, Ingles
I'm planning to walk 1000 miles starting from Almeria on April 3rd, combining Mozarabe, VdlP, Sanabres and Ingles.
I've walked Frances + Muxia Fisterra (1000 kms) in 2017, Caminho Portugese in 2018 and most of the Cami San Jaume (Camino Catalan) in 2019. It would be nice to sit down for a beer with a fellow pelegrino/pelegrina at some point.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Have some warm gear - gloves, scarf and woolly hat, perhaps. I started from Almeria one April a few years ago and was hit by snow in the Sierra Nevada. Wonderful views, of course, but I was caught out on that occasion. Fortunately, I had a decent fleece for use in the evenings; I certainly needed it during the daytime as well for several days.

I'm planning to walk 1000 miles starting from Almeria on April 3rd, combining Mozarabe, VdlP, Sanabres and Ingles.
I've walked Frances + Muxia Fisterra (1000 kms) in 2017, Caminho Portugese in 2018 and most of the Cami San Jaume (Camino Catalan) in 2019. It would be nice to sit down for a beer with a fellow pelegrino/pelegrina at some point.
That's my plan for next spring!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
It would be nice to sit down for a beer with a fellow pelegrino/pelegrina at some point.
You might want to look at our monthly starting threads (all pinned to the top of this Introduce Yourself forum) where people can indicate their starting date and place. For example, you can add you name to the April thread and see who else might be around at the time.

Hey Adrian! Just wanted to wish you Buen Camino. From time to time I re-read your wonderful 2017 trip report, as it still stands out among the multitude of Camino stories as the one that resonates most closely to my own experience. You summed it up so beautifully. I long to return, but it’s not in the cards for the foreseeable future. Cheering you on from San Francisco, California!

Hey Adrian! Just wanted to wish you Buen Camino. From time to time I re-read your wonderful 2017 trip report, as it still stands out among the multitude of Camino stories as the one that resonates most closely to my own experience. You summed it up so beautifully. I long to return, but it’s not in the cards for the foreseeable future. Cheering you on from San Francisco, California!
Thank you so much. It's nice to know that a few written words can have a positive impact on someone. I sent that report to a friend who is planning to walk her first Camino next year, and it made her cry. I've now turned it into a play (called "Stepping on My Shadow") which will be staged in March next year. That's been an exciting development. I'm now very excited about my new trip, which starts in 6 days, but also a bit nervous, as it will much longer than anything I've ever done, much hotter, more solitary, and I am currently older than I have ever been! Thanks for your Buen Camino wishes. I shall carry them with me in my heart.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thank you so much. It's nice to know that a few written words can have a positive impact on someone. I sent that report to a friend who is planning to walk her first Camino next year, and it made her cry. I've now turned it into a play (called "Stepping on My Shadow") which will be staged in March next year. That's been an exciting development. I'm now very excited about my new trip, which starts in 6 days, but also a bit nervous, as it will much longer than anything I've ever done, much hotter, more solitary, and I am currently older than I have ever been! Thanks for your Buen Camino wishes. I shall carry them with me in my heart.
Fantastic news about your play! Knew you must be a writer.

Nervousness at the outset of a Camino is par for the course. You got this! In 2018 I volunteered in the Pilgrim office & was greatly heartened to see how many pilgrims well into their late 70s and 80s had completed the trek. It inspires me, as I am over 60 now and gives me hope that I can return again one day too. I try to get out for long walks every day despite working full time, and I am ever more careful to avoid mis-steps. The older we get the less room for “oops”! 1000 miles is a wonderful goal. Soak up the magic.

From time to time I re-read your wonderful 2017 trip report, as it still stands out among the multitude of Camino stories as the one that resonates most closely to my own experience.
I sent that report to a friend who is planning to walk her first Camino next year, and it made her cry. I've now turned it into a play (called "Stepping on My Shadow") which will be staged in March next year.
The link that @leichecerca gives to your 2017 camino report is broken. Do you have a more recent link?

Buencamino, @Adrian Harding 65. Lots of forum members have enjoyed the Mozárabe from Almería, so we will be eager to read your posts if you are inclined to write while walking!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The link that @leichecerca gives to your 2017 camino report is broken. Do you have a more recent link?

Buencamino, @Adrian Harding 65. Lots of forum members have enjoyed the Mozárabe from Almería, so we will be eager to read your posts if you are inclined to write while walking!
The link to the online Magazine, with photos, can be found here: https://madmagz.com/magazine/1787155#/page/63

Have some warm gear - gloves, scarf and woolly hat, perhaps. I started from Almeria one April a few years ago and was hit by snow in the Sierra Nevada. Wonderful views, of course, but I was caught out on that occasion. Fortunately, I had a decent fleece for use in the evenings; I certainly needed it during the daytime as well for several days.
What is your sense of this kind of cold weather during Sept/Oct in the Sierra Nevada.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You are highly unlikely to experience cold weather in September and October. Even at night it will rarely be chilly. Tom

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi. Does anyone know if overnight temperatures are likely to fall below 0 in October on the Frances route? I was planning to camp some nights.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yes, certainly in the larger towns, for example here.
Great. Thanks.

How is the mobile phone reception along the route? I’ll have to work each weekday and will need to check in quite regularly. Some spells without reception won’t be a problem but if it’s more than an hour I might start to get in trouble.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
How is the mobile phone reception along the route?
I think I had Vodafone and don't remember any problem. However @Simon Shum posted the following in another thread...
Also we bought Vodafone SIM cards but realized "Moviestar" maybe a better choice -- in some small towns locals were using their cellphones with Moviestar coverage, whereas we didn't have any reception!! We got our SIM card I think from Calle Almeria and there are Orange, Vodafone, Moviestar etc tiendas in that boulevard not far from each others!!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.