• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting in Sarria for Camino number 1

ConnieAdriano

Time of past OR future Camino
Past 2016:Sarria - Santiago
Past 2018:Central CP & Finist-Muxia-SdC
Future 2020:Via Francigena
Hello everyone,

My husband and I start our first Camino in Sarria. I was wondering do we get our Camino passport stamped in Sarria to say that is where we commenced our walk?

We are very excited and cannot wait the 50 sleeps until we begin.

Pilgrim in our heart,
Connie and Adriano from Australia

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Just make sure you get at least 2 stamps per day during the last 100 kms.

This is normally the place you stay plus somewhere en route like a cafe.

As you are starting in Sarria, make that your first stamp. Maybe in the church in the old town or wherever you are staying.

Buen Camino ...

Hello everyone,

My husband and I start our first Camino in Sarria. I was wondering do we get our Camino passport stamped in Sarria to say that is where we commenced our walk?

We are very excited and cannot wait the 50 sleeps until we begin.

Pilgrim in our heart,
Connie and Adriano from Australia
Hi Connie and Adriano , first stamp in Sarria. And as Robo state at least two stamps a day but that will be no problem what so ever. You can ask for a stamp almost everywhere along the route.
Wish you both a wonderful journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Welcome to the Forum Connie and Adriano, the answer to your question is exactly as stated above.
Happy planning, exciting sleep countdown and a very Buen Camino.

I did Sarria in 2012, and just got one at the first café I hit outside of town. Going on memory, there's one 1 to 2 hours up the hills once you start walking (a good stop for a drink). The next stop was where I stayed for the night. Of course, you could go into any café in Sarria and obtain one too.

Yes, do stamp your Credencial in Sarria and at least two times a day every day if you want to have a Compostela. Also, it might be a good idea to collect mainly stamps from albergues and churches instead of collecting "bar stamps". Buen Camino, SY

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you everyone. I have another question. I am reading a lot of people saying how busy the way is this year. We had not planned booking anything, just walking and believing for a nice experience and place to stay meeting new friends. However, should we be booking somewhere to stay?

I would book somewhere for Sarria as it may be late when you arrive there, after that I would just walk, if the albergues are busy use the pensions or hostals.
Buen Camino.

Hi all,

We have another question.

Hubby and I will be backpacking around Spain after finishing in Santiago De Compostela. We are thinking we do not want to carry both packs with ALL of our travel needs. Is there any way from Sarria to send one pack to Santiago for us to collect there and just carry the bare essentials for the Camino?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Connie and Adriano

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi all,

We have another question.

Hubby and I will be backpacking around Spain after finishing in Santiago De Compostela. We are thinking we do not want to carry both packs with ALL of our travel needs. Is there any way from Sarria to send one pack to Santiago for us to collect there and just carry the bare essentials for the Camino?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Connie and Adriano

Check out the Luggage Transfer service offered by the Spanish Post Office or Correos. See more info here in their English web.
http://elcaminoconcorreos.com/en/vuelves-a-casa-o-continuas-la-aventura.php

Thank you Mspath, I will look at the link.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.