• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting my Pilgrimage

alex s

Hi to all. Am starting my pilgrimage on Tuesday 1st April.What a date to start..?? : :) :) arrow:

April Fools Day!!!!!!

Have only 1 week to spare so intend starting from Roncavales and get as far as i can and

continue on my next visit later in 2008 Please God. If anybody has any advice I am willing to

recieve it. I'm from Ireland by the way. Many thanks to all for this greatly informative site.

As we say in Ireland "Slan go foill". Alex

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hey Alex

Wow !!! You must be really excited !!!

The Camino is one of the nicest things that ever happened to me ..... not just from a spiritual point of view, but also from a physical and emoitional point of view ...

Everyone finds his own meaning and his own steps there .... I guess the first few days are the hardest ones, but do not give up .... you will look back and smile or most probably laugh !!!

Just remember to take the bare minimum with you - do not worry - you will not die of hunger - there are loads of bars and shops on the way !!!

And most important - ENJOY !!

Buen Camino
chax

check the weather!
seriously, Roncesvalles is still fairly likely to have bad weather at this time of the year

google roncesvalles weather for a selection of sites

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Barbara said:
check the weather!
seriously, Roncesvalles is still fairly likely to have bad weather at this time of the year

google roncesvalles weather for a selection of sites

HI Alex
I am from the DĂ©ise and due to leave and start in SJPDP on April 19th. Flying Shannon to Bairitz and the train to SJPDP with accomodation in Orrison that night.
But back to the weather, we were down in SJPDP on March 1st and we would never have seen weahter here like it even thought we are that much further north, I dont know what part of Ireland you are from perhaps it is not as temperate as the DĂ©ise. Beware that there was an experienced hiker lost last year on April 10th on the summit. Last week the poor weather and snow were well documented on this website.
Please let me know how you get on.
Go neirĂ­ an bothar leat.
Best wishes
John

Dia dhuit a Shean.Decided to start from Pamplona due to bad weather reports. Got on great really wonderfull experience.Am from Carlow by the way.Already planning next leg from Logrono to Burgos in October P.G.Let me know how you got on.Slan go foill ,Alex.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings to all. I posted a few days ago stating that I will begin my first Camino in St. Jean-pied-de-Port on 29 August and that I will take it slow and steady to Santiago de Compostela...
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...
I am looking for people who want to walk the camino del norte in may 2025 - starting from Irun, Bilbao or another place. Nice to hear from you.
Hi I just joined and will be doing a solo walk from SJPP to Finisterre in May Jun 2025... long time to go yet but VV excited ... will be finalising dates and flights from Canberra as soon as...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back