• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting on 23rd July 2023 😊

WendyWild

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning to come visit for the first time soon!
Hola amigos y amigas 🙏🏼

My long awaited camino begins soon!

I fly into Santiago on 22nd July.
I need to find a way to Rubias on 23rd July… any suggestions much welcomed. Which bus can I book online? Or anyone else driving there?

My rough outline is :
Rubias - Pedreira
Pedreira - Tui
Tui - Porrino
Porrino - Redonela
Redondela - Caldas de Reis
Caldas de Reis - Padron
Padron - Milladoiro
Milladoiro - Santiago

I could take the ‘variants espiritual’ if the stars aligned and I thought I was going ok.

👩I’m a 48 Australian 🦘
Taking the pilgrimage sola.

I’m currently in Malaga southern Spain en international language school se llama EF. Yo soy estudiante de espanol porque mi encanta la idioma y por fin.. estoy aqui!! sola hablo unpoco espanol pero, soy dedicado.

No we don’t have ‘killer spiders’ everywhere in Australia. I get asked here once a week 😆 you should however be more worried about our sharks and crocs 😉

Bien camino amigos 🥳

Any tips are welcomed.
I’m not ‘booking ahead’ to go with the flow of the day and praying the stars align and show me the way.

RIP John. 🙏🏼
✨I’ll be using your book to guide me.

Attachments

• IMG_7593.jpeg
    IMG_7593.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 1,477
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
There are local buses from Valenca that might get you close to Rubiães with a connexion, and reasonable bus connections from Santiago to Valenca. None of the individual legs should be more than a couple of hours, but lining them up will be the challenge. It might be easier to get to Valenca and then catch a taxi.

There are local buses from Valenca that might get you close to Rubiães with a connexion, and reasonable bus connections from Santiago to Valenca. None of the individual legs should be more than a couple of hours, but lining them up will be the challenge. It might be easier to get to Valenca and then catch a taxi.
Thank you 🙏🏼

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Albergue O Ninho in Rubiaes had a great pilgrim feel the night we were there in June this year. Excellent communal dinner - the table looked like it was set for christmas:)20230610_172737.jpg20230610_155025.jpgScreenshot_20230713_180725_Polarsteps.jpg

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

I’ll be finishing the Caminho Português next month. Last year I wore Hoka Challenger 6 ATR shoes. I did have some blisters and foot pain, but a lot could have been due to the 30+km days from...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
Hello pilgrims, I have unfortunately hurt my knee(s) on the second day of walking from Porto. I pushed through some more kilometers, but I had to take a break in Marinhas. I tried everything to...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.
We arrived in Porto by train from Lisbon yesterday afternoon. Long haul from Australia via Singapore, Milan and Madrid departed April 23. Our first encounter with other pilgrams was when 3...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back