• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting on July 15 2020

Lirsy

Time of past OR future Camino
Primitivo, Norte, Francés, Volunteer Hospitalero.
I am planning to start the Camino on July 15. What I'm not sure is whether to start in SJPdP (Camino Frances) or to start in Irún (Camino del Norte). Considering the weather, the logical option would be to start in Irún, but on the other hand, the opportunity to walk the CF during the summer and without it being crowded is quite attractive.

Also, I'm not sure if there would be enough pilgrims in the CN (by enough I mean a minimum of 10-15 per day). I don't like the Camino being too crowded, but I also don't want it to be too lonely.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I have not yet decided whether CF or CN. If I see that there is a minimum of pilgrims in the CN, I will choose Norte ... In the CF, the stage of Carrión de los Condes, in August, must be really interesting !!! 🤣 🤪

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
This is my first camino so no idea what you mean 😅 gonna do some research--be right back hehe.

This is my first camino so no idea what you mean

The stage of Carrión de los Condes is flat, long and without shadows! In August at 40 degrees it must be a nightmare! ... It was just a joke.

Now more seriously, the whole section on La Meseta is really hot in the summer. I have always thought that, during the summer, CN and Camino Primitivo are much more pleasant.

@purity sorry, after a while some of our members start to use initials for places or routes often referred to. CF means Camino Francés - i.e. the traditional "Camino", the one described in the Codex Calixtinus in the 12th century. Many people start it at St-Jean-Pied-de-Port (SJPDP) and it goes through the cities of Pamplona, Logroño, Burgos, Leon, Astorga and Santiago de Compostela.

The CN is the Camino del Norte, the route that follows the north coast of Spain. It goes through Irun, Bilbao, Santander, Gijon and then on to Santiago de Compostela. SC!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The stage of Carrión de los Condes is flat, long and without shadows! In August at 40 degrees it must be a nightmare! ... It was just a joke.

Now more seriously, the whole section on La Meseta is really hot in the summer. I have always thought that, during the summer, CN and Camino Primitivo are much more pleasant.
oh i see! seems the norte is the right way to go :) thank you for explaining! lots to learn.

@purity sorry, after a while some of our members start to use initials for places or routes often referred to. CF means Camino Francés - i.e. the traditional "Camino", the one described in the Codex Calixtinus in the 12th century. Many people start it at St-Jean-Pied-de-Port (SJPDP) and it goes through the cities of Pamplona, Logroño, Burgos, Leon, Astorga and Santiago de Compostela.

The CN is the Camino del Norte, the route that follows the north coast of Spain. It goes through Irun, Bilbao, Santander, Gijon and then on to Santiago de Compostela. SC!
yea i've been lurking for a while and understand most acronyms but when people talk about sections i get lost 😅 just more reasons to get started and learn along the way though. can't wait to be there! thank you for explaining.

I've walked the Meseta in September and July. It was actually hotter in July than September in the years that I went. And in July, I walked the stretch between Carrión de los Condes and Calzadilla de la Cueza in the afternoon, having started in the morning from Población de Campos. There was actually some shade in the afternoon. It wasn't bad at all.
Every year is different

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.