• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting Português Central from Vitorino dos Piães

TerriMartin

Time of past OR future Camino
March 2023
Hello!

I'm starting my first Camino next week. Ideally from Vitorino dos Piães. Does anyone have transportation tips to get there? Bus, train or taxi? I won't have a rental car. Thanks!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Vitorino dos Piães isn't much more than a wide spot in the road. I don't know how up to date this site is, but it says that the population is 135. It's between Barcelos and Ponte de Lima, so you could probably get a taxi from one of those places. If it were me I'd walk from Barcelos.

Hello!

I'm starting my first Camino next week. Ideally from Vitorino dos Piães. Does anyone have transportation tips to get there? Bus, train or taxi? I won't have a rental car. Thanks!
my friends Fernanda and Jacinto live there and have their albergue there.
how do you arrive in Potugal and where ?
if you arrive in Porto at the airport for example take the metro to railwaystation Campanhã and take the train to Tamel. ( it is the train that goes via Barcelos and Viana do Castelo to Valença do Minho and even further into Spain to Vigo)
Tamel is the next stop after Barcelos
coming out the station you are on the waymarked caminho direction Balugães and Vitorino de Piães . It is an about 6 km walk from Tamel to Fernanda’s .
in front of the station is a bar where they can call a taxi for you.
if you need a booking for a bed, send me a pm I am in contact with Jacinto very often.

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
my friends Fernanda and Jacinto live there and have their albergue there.
how do you arrive in Potugal and where ?
if you arrive in Porto at the airport for example take the metro to railwaystation Campanhã and take the train to Tamel. ( it is the train that goes via Barcelos and Viana do Castelo to Valença do Minho and even further into Spain to Vigo)
Tamel is the next stop after Barcelos
coming out the station you are on the waymarked caminho direction Balugães and Vitorino de Piães . It is an about 6 km walk from Tamel to Fernanda’s .
in front of the station is a bar where they can call a taxi for you.
if you need a booking for a bed, send me a pm I am in contact with Jacinto very often.
Thank you very much for this detailed response, I'll do it! I do fly into Porto. The plan is to spend one night there, then the next night in Ponte de Lima. Vitorino de Piães seems like a good place to start the walk to Ponte de Lima, I want to have an easy-ish first day. I wish there was time on this Camino to stay with Fernanda and Jacinto, I've heard such good things about their albergue.

Thank you very much for this detailed response, I'll do it! I do fly into Porto. The plan is to spend one night there, then the next night in Ponte de Lima.
Why not spend the night at Fernanda's rather than Ponte de Lima? If you spend the night in Ponte de Lima you will have to take a taxi back to Vitorino de Piães. A night with Fernanda would be a great way to start your Camino.

Why not spend the night at Fernanda's rather than Ponte de Lima? If you spend the night in Ponte de Lima you will have to take a taxi back to Vitorino de Piães. A night with Fernanda would be a great way to start your Camino.
I’m going to take the train to Tamel then get a car to Vitorino dos Piães. Then walk from Vitorino dos Piães to Ponte Vedra for the night. Then walk on from there. Unfortunately I don’t have time to spend a night at Fernanda’s.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi guys, I need help because I don’t know where else to turn. I arranged luggage transport from Paris to Santiago with casa Ivar. They gave me an invoice, shipping label, everything. I left it at...
Hello from NY! I am booking some accommodations with booking.com and an offer on their site for a free airport shuttle just came up so I booked it. This is the below confirmation. I am entirely...
I am trying to book a train from Santiago to Madrid on 7 May and find that all trains are full and also for about the preceding 3 or 4 days. If I go directly to the train station when I arrive...
I'm flying to Madrid on Saturday evening, and then catching a train from Madrid Chamartín early on Sunday morning. To those who have been to both, is it better to spend the night in the airport or...
Just a question. If you are walking the same or part of a Camino you have walked before, do you stay at the same alburgues as you did or try somewhere new?
I'm about to start the Camino Portuguese, and was wondering what rideshare options are available in Europe?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back