• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

starting this Sunday

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Relax, the Camino will provide. On some days, better than others. If you plan to stay in Roncesvalles, try to reserve if possible. Buen Camino, enjoy every day!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
The SJPdP Pilgrim Office is located on the camino at 39 rue de La Citadelle.

The office is open every day and in season from early in the morning until late at night ie after the arrival of the last bus/train. The helpful multi-lingual volunteers can provide you with a Credential and stamp if needed, as well as a list of major albergues and current weather/ trail conditions. They can also help locate a bed/bunk for the night. Most importantly the office is a great spot to meet/ greet other pilgrims.
...Do plan to stop and chat!

Buen Camino Daniel and safe travels!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I will be starting my first Camino this Sunday. Anxious to start but obviously worried to find an albuergue to stay. Any suggestions
Bring a guide book, or dowload albergue information from the internet. The Pilgrim Office in SJPP may still be providing an Excel spreadsheet with the albergues on route.

I downloaded the wise pilgrim app on my iPhone you can get a list of most things gps and email bookings best thing I did books are dead weight and every local is a sign post just point a direction either your are extended and shout Camino they will do the same with the right direction

The very first time walking the Camino is a very special and exciting time. You will absolutely love it. After your first night in an albergue, you will know the drill and understand what to do. Keep a p port copy handy, in order to just use that if you can, rather than pulling the real deal out. Keep stuff close, even in the shower (put in a plastic bag and hang it from a little hook with a suction cup--take one). Carry earplugs, and for others if you snore, have some to give out! Don't use a head torch or rustle your pack and bags. Be fast in the shower...don't put your pack on the bed (bedbugs will get in it, or you will share them out)....

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I have been walking the Camino Frances from Pamplona since July 14 and have not had any problems finding space in albergues--and I was sometimes part of a group of six. A few days ago, the hospitalera at Azofra was concerned that she only had seven guests registered at 2pm. Numbers seem low. It has been exceedingly hot by noon, but it is still a wonderful walk.

Go, Enjoy and improvise, adapt and overcome !
Make it a life journey and experience !
You'll be fine !

The SJPdP Pilgrim Office is located on the camino at 39 rue de La Citadelle.

The office is open every day and in season from early in the morning until late at night ie after the arrival of the last bus/train. The helpful multi-lingual volunteers can provide you with a Credential and stamp if needed, as well as a list of major albergues and current weather/ trail conditions. They can also help locate a bed/bunk for the night. Most importantly the office is a great spot to meet/ greet other pilgrims.
...Do plan to stop and chat!
The pilgrim office sounds like a great first stop. We will be starting the Norte this Thursday. Does anyone know if there is a similar office in Irun?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Good question ! I would also like to know as well.

Much appreciated

Most read last week in this forum

Now it's done, and I'm showered, fed and generally numbed with alcohol, it was great. Fortunately, the weather was cool all day, the rain held off and the terrain was rolling countryside. But...
Hi Forum! Just to reassure those starting now and the next week, but I was in Roncesvalles last night and, though full and busy, I talked to the hospitalero who told me, there were still 27 empty...
Walking the Camino Frances, since the 16th there has been a lot of mud on the trail but doable until today on the way to Pamplona! It got very difficult with the mud on the pass high up beside...
I started out from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port on 1 May. It turned out to be an unforgetable day. Above 1,000 m or so it snowed, catching many people unprepared. Later that day "many" walkers were...
I'm flying from the USA to start my Camino this week. I will check my backpack, and to protect it, I will ship it in a plastic storage bin like this one: Rather than shipping the storage bin to...
Hi everyone -- After walking the Frances from SJpdP last October, I'm planning to revisit the bit between Logrono and Burgos this July, following different stages. It's the section where I had...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.