• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

steve and alinka, cycling the camino in April

steve

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPP to Santiago in 2007; le Puy - Cahors 2110; Cahors to Santiago, start May 8, 2013
After several years of wanting to do the whole 800 kilometer camino, we have our plane tickets and will arrive in Spain the end of March. Great photos of the snowfalls in Galicia in the Forum, but we sure hope the snow is gone by then. We plan a modest pace, no hurry to finish, rather enjoy the whole camino.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Good pedalling

My girlfriend and I are cycling the 800km in September this year (for our own pleasure, however also to raise money for the "Make-A-Wish" registered charity) so we would like to wish you a great trip and also would really value feedback upon your return about any specific cycling related aspects to your trip. All the best -- David (DG007)

David, we plan to keep notes of the trip, plus photos and we will be happy to share our experiences with you and your girlfriend. Today we took our last practice bike trip. Tomorrow I disassemble the bikes for the boxes. We are flying KLM to Madrid. The airline is allowing us to check one suitcase and one bike each. Key point, because some airlines want extra to ship the bikes. Steve

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Then we wish you both a safe journey and wonderful experience. We are very curious to hear all your news upon your return. David & Sabine

How was it ??

Hope you had a great experience and if you would care to share some of your Camino adventures (plus any special tips for cycling) that would be great.
We are still on target for end of September.
All the best,
David

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back