• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Still in the wrapper, I'm that new

sieiro

Hello,

My name is Margaret Sieiro Garcia, I am first gen. american from a Gallego/Brazilian family. I grew up hearing the stories of the pilgramage. I remember being in S de C as a child and my aunt pointing out those to journeyed.

I'm a firm believer in life/fate brings to you what you need when you need it, not before.

I have found in the last 6 years that I need to make a journey's within and out - to do something for the great good - so I have been riding my bike in charity events (200 to 300 mile events) in places that challenge my fitness and my asthma - I learn so much about myself as I train for such events - it's really about the journey.

I have not given thought to the Santiago journey in ages, seriously, ages. In the last 3 days, I've had the journey referenced in a conversation at least a dozen times, by complete strangers and by family.

hmmm.... maybe someone it trying to tell me something.

So, I am in deep thought now - how, where, when, what and I am here at the forum to read, to learn and to ask.

I don't know when, I don't know from where, but I think I need to journey.

So there you have my introduction - HI!

Thanks!
Maggi

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Maggi,
Sounds like the seed has been planted....and sprouting...
Good Camino and welcome.
Jerry

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Welcome, galega/americana, from another galego/americano :!: Yep, someone's trying to tell u something. Am sure that more fellow-pilgrims in Internet, too. And you to us, learning is a two (or more) way process. Got a question for u: do u know of any Portuguese speaking Santiago cyber foros :?: Buen Camino :arrow: xm 8)

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back