• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Stopped receiving daily and weekly digest emails; need help troubleshooting

LisaJS

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances planned Sep 2024
Hello,

A couple of weeks ago I stopped receiving the daily and weekly digest emails from the forum and I can't figure out why. I had been receiving them successfully for months. Can anyone help? Here's what I've tried so far:

1) Checked my account settings on the forum (Account Details, Preferences and https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/dailydigest/) - all show that I am subscribed. Tried toggling each option off and then on again. I did this on both my desktop and my iphone.
2) Checked the blocked senders for my email account (Yahoo Mail) to make sure that ivar@caminodesantiago.me had not been blocked inadvertently. (It was not blocked.)
3) Added ivar@caminodesantiago.me as a contact in my email system.

Does anyone have any other suggestions to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Lisa

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi there,

I had a look and it seems my system does not send out emails to you... even if you have this turned on here on the forum. From previous experiences, I have a feeling I know what has happened.

I use an email service provided by Amazon. If this service has had any problems connecting you to your email provider... any time, only once is enough. It will stop sending emails to this address... even if I try, it will not do it. I will need to go in and manually reset your email address in the Amazon system to get this started again.

Right now I am on my way to the airport, leaving in 5 min... I will see if I can get this done over the next few days. Another workaround would be to update your forum email to another email address (if you have more addresses that you use). This should do it also..

Sorry for the trouble!
Ivar

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your help and no worries, I can wait until you have time to do the manual reset.

Lisa

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone, I did the CF in 2022 and found the planning quite easy as there were albergues all the way so yiu can walk as much or as little as you please and there is always somewhere to stay. I...
Is it possible to private message other members? I have tried clicking on the name of the person I’d like to message (a mod, to ask when the monthly start date threads are posted) but all I see is...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.