• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

e-mails and the Camino Forum

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Update: I have rolled this back and am now using the old email system... this new one had some problems.

Hola all,

I have had some complaints on how the forum handles emails. Some like to get one email every day with the most read topics, some like only a weekly email... or maybe every 2 weeks. Setting this up has been complicated.

So, I have now set up a new system that started working today. You might have gotten two emails from the forum today (sorry about that), tomorrow it will only be one if you have set it up to send you daily updates.

You can now set this here:
...on your accounts page.

Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 15.50.47.png

The "Site Digest" is one email with the most read topics since your last email. You can set it so that you get one each day, each week or less frequent. Whatever you prefer. Remember to "Save" your selection (save button at the bottom).

I hope this works better than the earlier system. Let's try it and see how to goes.

Thank you!!
Ivar

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks Ivar - I’ve set the digest to daily as it’s my Camino ‘newspaper’. I love reading the news from the Forum every day as it keeps the Camino alive for me here at home in Sydney until I can be back on those wonderful paths once again.

Best of luck with the new system and thank you again.

Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! I am following the instructions about editing my ACCOUNT DETAILS since I want to change the year of my past/present Camino/s but when I go to this page, the Past/Present Camino/s option is...
Is it possible to private message other members? I have tried clicking on the name of the person I’d like to message (a mod, to ask when the monthly start date threads are posted) but all I see is...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.