• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Suitable app?

Time of past OR future Camino
I am sure this has been asked somewhere so please forgive me…

Is there an app for the Camino Mozárabe for iPhone?

Many thanks

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
I've never come across one. And given the very small numbers on the Mozarabe that is perhaps not surprising. I walked the Mozarabe branch from Malaga before COVID and used some local websites for information. Links in the post below. Gronze has useful information on the Mozarabe too. If you can find a decent GPS track to use with a mapping app then that should be an adequate substitute for a dedicated app.

Post in thread 'Camino Mozarabe from Malaga' https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/camino-mozarabe-from-malaga.66400/post-822502

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Just looked at Gronze and see that they have done some recent work on the Mozarabe. A note on the main page says "Etapas desde Granada elaboradas; el resto en junio de 2023." It doesn't look quite complete yet [edited for correction]. I wonder if they are working in collaboration with the Amigos.

Last edited:
I am sure this has been asked somewhere so please forgive me…

Is there an app for the Camino Mozárabe for iPhone?

Many thanks

Hi Patrick
Check out other threads on this sub forum for Mozárabe. Lots of helpful info .
Apart from Gronze.com which has great info for many camino routes - check in with Nely in Almería.
I’ll try to attach a link to the pdf file she will send you. This one is only feb2023. Contact one of the names on the link - there are a few amigos who give great support; especially the first section to Granada. Others amigos further on take up the baton of support.

Buen camino

Attachments

• FEBRERO-23 GUIA CAMINO MOZARABE ALMERIA-MÉRIDA-2.pdf
    12.3 MB · Views: 25
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Just looked at Gronze and see that they have done some recent work on the Mozarabe. A note on the main page says "Etapas desde Granada elaboradas; el resto en junio de 2023." It looks quite complete now. I wonder if they are working in collaboration with the Amigos.
As of today on the Almeria variant, just stages 3-9 have no accommodations listed, but there are maps.

I walked the Mozarabe from Malaga to Muxia starting in Sept and used Mapy.cz app which has the route marked and also shows the accommodation including municipal albergues all available to use offline as well
I haven't used mapy for accommodations before. How do you find them on the app?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I haven't used mapy for accommodations before. How do you find them on the app?
tap on the map which brings up a search box , tap on the search box which opens up a selection menu and then select accommodation , it then shows accommodation on the area of map you have open

I walked out of Malaga this spring. I was impressed with how well the trail was marked, considering it's such an uncommon route. Gronze.com was my main reference, along with Sara Dhooma's vlog. (She documented the albergues pretty well, and Gronze's information is patchy up to Baena.)

As for navigation, I mostly used mapy.cz, but the gronze phone app was useful as well.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back