• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Survey on Pilgrimage & Cathedrals - (By York Minster )

amorfati1

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2014_Caminho Portuguese (Lisboa to Santiago_4 weeks in May)
http://pilgrimageandcathedrals.ac.uk/survey/visitor

Dear fellow pilgrims -
last September I was able to visit again the very fine Minster of York - especially during the times of Evensong. What a treat those are... When leaving, I noticed a Guest-table with questionaires regarding Pilgrimages ...
You guessed it, I could not resist and took time to answer their questions (on paper) - since this is a topic dear and close to my heart. I am now in communication w/ the authors and researchers of this "study" - and am happy to share this link with interested pilgrims also on this forum -

the first question is:
1. Which Cathedral did you visit?
Canterbury Cathedral
Durham Cathedral
Westminster Cathedral
York Minster
Other
simply indicate "Other" and then share about experiences of the pilgrimages you have undertaken in other locales.... of course also outside of the UK or europe.
More info on their site -
http://pilgrimageandcathedrals.ac.uk/blog

thank you for your interest and time -
Claudia

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I filled it out, but I am not sure that I am the 'typical case' they are looking for ...
SY

I filled it out, but I am not sure that I am the 'typical case' they are looking for ...
SY
Marvelous - thanks so much SY.
and i know it's not about typical or any other typing - pilgrims, just as human of other stripes, come in all flavours and approaches. As i am understanding this project - they are looking for sharings / experiences - be it spread across 5 miles or 50 miles or 5ooo miles. there is a calling beyond all and any of those, in my view.
it's great that you contributed as well .... i for one think it's good if this topic would garner interest - then perhaps it might be realized that pilgrims are not gone along with the unicorns :)
(or maybe the unicorns converted into pilgrims? who knows .... pardon moi, now i am being silly :oops::rolleyes:)
thanks again though for your time and consideration. Best wishes ~

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
As i am understanding this project - they are looking for sharings / experiences - be it spread across 5 miles or 50 miles or 5ooo miles.
The About the Project page makes it clear that the topic is about England's cathedrals. While there may be forum members who have experiences of such cathedrals to share, it does not appear to me that experiences beyond that are particularly relevant to the study.

The About the Project page makes it clear that the topic is about England's cathedrals. While there may be forum members who have experiences of such cathedrals to share, it does not appear to me that experiences beyond that are particularly relevant to the study.
Hello Dougfitz
Before i posted the links, I did indeed check with the project researchers/authors about just that question...and was assured that they are indeed interested. Hence, as i mentioned in orignial post, the option OTHER in the questionaire is mentioned ...other: as in pilgrimages experiences in other localities.
Otherwise i would not have bothered to post it... or perhaps just limited it to the UK section of this forum.
But since the authors ARE interested, i posted it in the general section of. MISC topics.... so anyone who feels called to participate in the. Survey can do so.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
OH Dear amorfati1, how on earth did I miss that, I shall need to take a look on their web site soon!

http://pilgrimageandcathedrals.ac.uk/survey/visitor

Dear fellow pilgrims -
last September I was able to visit again the very fine Minster of York - especially during the times of Evensong. What a treat those are... When leaving, I noticed a Guest-table with questionaires regarding Pilgrimages ...
You guessed it, I could not resist and took time to answer their questions (on paper) - since this is a topic dear and close to my heart. I am now in communication w/ the authors and researchers of this "study" - and am happy to share this link with interested pilgrims also on this forum -

the first question is:
1. Which Cathedral did you visit?
Canterbury Cathedral
Durham Cathedral
Westminster Cathedral
York Minster
Other
simply indicate "Other" and then share about experiences of the pilgrimages you have undertaken in other locales.... of course also outside of the UK or europe.
More info on their site -
http://pilgrimageandcathedrals.ac.uk/blog

thank you for your interest and time -
Claudia
Thanks for charing the survey. Having purchases a book of essays on cathedrals and their futures in Great Britain, all feedback is needed to help them maximize interest and change to reflect new ways of approaching spiritual experience. Questions 13/14 are most pertinent for talking about SdC.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
Hi there Can anyone tell me where on the Camino Frances there is a mural on a wall depicting “the three wise men”. I’ve admired it on several occasions, over the years, but I can’t remember where...
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Hoping someone will have some new ideas for me! I always bring a box to Spain to mail to my friends in Madrid. It has for years had the following items — boxes of Vanilla Chai tea bags, Dentyne...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back