• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Thank You

jcruz1027

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portuguese (Aug 2018)
I'm ending my last day. Its been an incredible journey. Tomorrow I board the bus back to Santiago. Thank you to everyone who has ever posted their Camino journey; they all played a part inspiring me to take a walk. From Porto to Santiago to Finisterre. It was worth every km, every blister, every tear and every moment of frustration. All worth it. I truly don't know how I'm going to explain any of this to my friends and family when I get home.

Attachments

• 39396428_10217673971304955_2884747799772004352_o.jpg
    39396428_10217673971304955_2884747799772004352_o.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 39442893_10217690325473799_1383437166796865536_o.jpg
    39442893_10217690325473799_1383437166796865536_o.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 39752070_10217710282332708_6634472081331322880_o.jpg
    39752070_10217710282332708_6634472081331322880_o.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 75
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Domigee is right, about a minute into your conversation their eyes will glaze over and they will ask if you have anything else to tell them that is news worthy. Show them pictures and they scroll through for a few frames and end up saying, "oh, that's nice shot" but never where was that? It's hard, long slog making converts to the Way. Don't want to be a bummer but after eight years I know the routine.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
...From Porto to Santiago to Finisterre. It was worth every km, every blister, every tear and every moment of frustration. All worth it. I truly don't know how I'm going to explain any of this to my friends and family when I get home.
You can't. And you know it.
CU around next year (and in here in between, of course). The calling will return.
Well done!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
biarritzdon
When their eyes glaze over I just smile and move on! I know they don’t understand and I don’t mind. I’d like to think that the memories and feelings, the good, bad and ugly ones, are all mine and that’s good enough for me! One thing that I am thankful for is the people in this forum who continually inspire and give advice!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I truly don't know how I'm going to explain any of this to my friends and family when I get home.
You can't, but never mind. But you can blather on all you like here: we do get it.
To friends and family just say you had a great walk.
Because you did. Big time.

Congratulations, peregrino! Next?

Wisdom explained always sounds like foolishness - you can't as your inner world and their inner world are no longer the same and never will be again

as for photos - to you they hold meaning, to others they are just pictures not as good as a postcard - ordeal by photos ... don't do that to them ;)

Agree that most people you will tell will listen politely and be unmoved, but don’t stop telling your story. When I finished the first CF in 2013, I was so moved and excited, I told all my friends, my family, even some of my neighbors about the trek. One lady I told was in my triathlon club, but for family reasons I had to drop out of that training group. Two years later, at a retirement party for a mutual friend, she rushed up to me and gave me a huge hug and said, “My husband and I just finished the Camino with our oldest son, all because you were so enthusiastic about the experience.” Mind you, I didn’t know these people well, but that seed gets planted and sprouts in some unlikely places. Likewise, a neighbor of mine stopped me on my morning walk about two weeks ago and told me he was leaving this week to walk the Camino from Leon to Santiago because I keep telling him how much he’d enjoy it.
So, come Tuesday morning, I’ll be on a plane to Lisbon to tackle the CP. And I found out the triathlon lady and her husband and daughter will be following me about three days later. Don’t ever get tired of telling your story; you never know who’s really listening until much later.
Congratulations on your journey, and on to the next Caminho.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
LOVE this story! Thank you for sharing!

Agree that most people you will tell will listen politely and be unmoved, but don’t stop telling your story. When I finished the first CF in 2013, I was so moved and excited, I told all my friends, my family, even some of my neighbors about the trek. One lady I told was in my triathlon club, but for family reasons I had to drop out of that training group. Two years later, at a retirement party for a mutual friend, she rushed up to me and gave me a huge hug and said, “My husband and I just finished the Camino with our oldest son, all because you were so enthusiastic about the experience.” Mind you, I didn’t know these people well, but that seed gets planted and sprouts in some unlikely places. Likewise, a neighbor of mine stopped me on my morning walk about two weeks ago and told me he was leaving this week to walk the Camino from Leon to Santiago because I keep telling him how much he’d enjoy it.
So, come Tuesday morning, I’ll be on a plane to Lisbon to tackle the CP. And I found out the triathlon lady and her husband and daughter will be following me about three days later. Don’t ever get tired of telling your story; you never know who’s really listening until much later.
Congratulations on your journey, and on to the next Caminho.

Since 2006, I walked 4 caminos and always enjoy sharing my experiences with friends and family. They surely not totally understand the whole experience and the way it makes me feel... neverthless, it did inspired and still do, some of them to hit the road and walk the camino... so... we never know.:) Congratulations for this Camino and all the others.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back