• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino thanksgiving in Santiago de Compostela

rioja routard

Hi

Just spent the weekend in Santiago, giving thanks at the Cathedral from my recovery from a breakdown last year.

I spent Friday in Seville and was in Santiago all day Sunday during the carnival with my girl friend Beverley.

I had such a profound recovery from a serious mental breakdown purely by faith and the courage to walk that I felt a calling to return and to spiritually give thanks.

March 30th I will set off from SJPP to Logroño in order to complete the Camino Frances.

Buen camino to all

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I walked my second Camino last year following a mental wobble (narrowly avoided breakdown). It was the best therapy money could buy.

I'm glad it helped you.

Ponderings - contributions requested

Kathy Gower (academic, writer, American Pilgrims) is looking for contributions from pilgrims. Here is her request from the Gocamino Forum. Please contact her directly. kathygower@hotmail.com

"I am seriously wondering if one's feelings of spirituality connected with
their pilgrimage experiences have a direct correlation to their spiritual
path pre-pilgrimage. In other words, does one's sympathy or antipathy or
even apathy for organized religion have any affect on what they may have
gained as far as personal spiritual insight. (not religious insight).

I know that there were many reasons why individuals chose to make the
pilgrimage and not all of them had to do with the religious veneration of
the bones of St. James, witness to the Transfiguration, apostle, and so on.
I personally came across Hindus, Buddhists, agnostics, and people who had no obvious religious reason for undertaking such a pilgrimage.

Is is possible to have a deep spiritual experience with no prior connection
to the tradition of the Camino de Santiago (Way of St. James).

This is a serious inquiry and if you'd rather, I'd love to hear from you on
or off the list-serve.

Thank you,
Kathy.

kathygower@hotmail.com

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

..all packed and still 24 hours before I start my journey...train to Gatwick,flight to Bilbao, bus to Pamplona the taxi with others to SPDPfor night of 23rd...so what can I do now??
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.