• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The best i-pad for the camino

jsalt

Jill
Time of past OR future Camino
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
It weighs only a few grams, and it is so small it fits inside my glasses’ case during the day, along with my ear plugs. At night it was my comfort and joy, especially when the street light was shining bright outside, or the emergency light inside the dorm was directly in my eyes. I will never go on a camino again without it :D:):cool::p:rolleyes:

ipad.jpg

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Well... I love carrying mine. Because it allows me to read Rumi when my mind is soooo very open to it. And it allows me to post here about the beauty of the Camino whose name I will never again speak of, inspiring some to experience the C.

After all, it's much lighter than carrying the 4 books I left in albergue and on benches along the Norte for others to enjoy.

Ooops, sometimes the extra weight has its benefits, or not.

I fear my writing would stop cold....that brilliance would turn me to student..forever quoting teacher,perhaps when I've grown old and my words have turned to dust..I may drink from that well

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Ohh oh
Ohh no....

You done got me curious...as my colloquial language would have me say...
Mayhap it is been a long time coming...this time to sit..and listen.

In my life here in the land of eternal\infernal summer...the coming of the cooling
My exposure to my surfer friends..another exposure to my music playing friends has brought the Blessed Stillness to my soul for a while.
This Forum has been part of it..and sometimes the breathtaking and needed synchronicity ...happens.

Listening now...stilling the incessant call and cacophony of the road..here
For a new turn...

Catalyst you gentle folk of the way have been..that lamp in the darkness...welcoming and beckoning ....come away from the winds
Step inside and sit quietly between the shoulder and the fire.

I am..becoming
Again.

Sometimes the bestilled soul can hear what ears betray,dialog lost between the heart..and mind...to what the spirit...needs
It is not so simple this\these...need-s

Needs
Who is subservient to who..and why?

My heart needs
My mind wants
My spirit..desires

Blinders to the din indeed
Santiagos Smile...deciphered.

My apologies to Jsalt for the hijacking...
My thanks to Anemone,Doug and Viranani

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Rumi said it better than I could:
"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,
there is a field. I will meet you there.
"

And for the poet in you, William:
"This poetry. I never know what I'm going to say.
I don't plan it.
When I'm outside the saying of it,
I get very quiet and rarely speak at all.
"

Thank you, for your words, William...I am glad you hijacked this thread--and bet Jill doesn't mind either...:cool:

Hahahaha...I bit the hook too, and thought "Jill...you?!" :D:D

Ha, ha! There were several of us in the dorm, and the others were all doing their interneting thing. It was about 10pm, and someone saw me put my paperback book away and lie down ready for sleep. They asked me if I’d like the light off, so I said “No, no problem, I have my eye pad”, and waved it around to show them. When I realised what I’d said I nearly fell out of bed from laughing so much :D:D

Here is a feast! Laid out before me..I have to pace myself or I will founder...
Little taste here
A sip there I think will keep me.

Less I misunderstand and miss...understanding

Sometimes there is a fullness in the sky
A thinness in dreaming

I am waiting
Desire is thinning and cannot nourish as the doing.

My desire to be on the Way is tempered by reality
Tempered
Tempted
Tempting
Tested
And finally found not wanting and ready for the journey....

I wait too long and unrequited desire grows to bitter regret..then to denial
What was I Thinking?
What a fool I was to think such things!
Foolish,foolish,foolish....

But at the fevered and wanton moment...it was real
My mind wants

Moments of abandon
Letting go and wings open by themselves
My Spirit..desires

Can my heart..stand the long wait ?
Will it turn away to a new more accessible temporary...empty temptation
My heart needs.

Santiago is so far
And not

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Santiago is here. No further from us than our heart.

When I realised what I’d said I nearly fell out of bed from laughing so much :D:D
Ah, Jill...I usually hate puns. But this...very funny, because I did the knee-jerk reaction thing and it turned out to be totally wrong! I love it when this happens.
Thanks for sharing the joke with us.
Oh--and a heartfelt Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

The standard response to what to do when you get bed bugs, is to wash and dry everything at 60 degrees. But if you do that to your silk sleeping bag liner or your merino socks or t shirts or down...
I will do the Camino Frances from mid June to mid July and will start in Pamplona. Should I take a fleece/cold weather garment?
Hey all! Having rabbit holed many, many packing lists, I'd love y'alls feedback on my packing list - https://lighterpack.com/r/p6hm36 For context, I'm 49, medium experienced hiker, weigh 200lbs...
Does anyone have experience with the Patagonia Cool Daily long sleeve hoody on the Camino? Last summer on the Norte I wore the REI Sahara long sleeve t-shirt and while I liked it I found it a bit...
The new "Experience" line from Altra looks interesting. Has anybody tried them yet? I will order a pair of Altra Experience Wild and report back after some day hikes. They have the traditional...
Having had two sets of poles taken from me at the airport on my return flight (traveling cabin luggage only) I want to buy poles cheaply on arrival before O begin my Camino..either in Santiago or...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.