• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Journey Continues

GuyA

Time of past OR future Camino
It's been over a month since I completed the Le Puy route and...what a fantastic walk this was. Next spring I will return to Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port and complete the journey from Rorschach Switzerland to Finisterre.

The Le Puy route was a very different experience than the Via Jacobi and Via Gebennensis routes primarily primarily because I met some great Camino friends and shared some great laughs along the way. Planning went out the window...it only took me roughly 1,600 kms to get there...finally!

I walked the route in 27 days which is faster than I expected and perhaps would have liked however a lesson learned is that Gites towards the middle to the end of October are closing. Please do not rely on the Miam Miam Dodo guide for closing dates as owners understandably decide to close when business slows.

I really enjoyed France however my ability to speak French no doubt was a strong plus here...watch out for Sundays, Mondays, many holidays when it comes to food and the descent from Aumont to Saint-Chely -d'Aubrac...yikes!

I have updated my blog...address in my signature below which may be of use to future pilgrims as I comment on the daily hebergements where I stayed.

Wishing all Forum members the very best over the holiday season.

Guy

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back