• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The most beautiful spot of the world?

Antonius Vaessen

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2015-2016 VdlPlata - Sanabres
2016.Primitivo
2017 Salvador
2018 Norte (to Sobrado)
2019 Norte again
About 7 years ago a pilgrim I met on the Norte told me that he discoverd the most beautifull spot in the world he had ever seen between Finistere and Muxia ( to narrow it down I believe he said between Finistere and Lires) To get there he had to divert from the regular path. It was so beautifull because of the abundance of flowers
I will be walking there around the half of April, if many flowers will be in bloom in this period I don't know.
Does anybody know where this spot might be and where I would have to divert from the straight route.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We walked between Lires and Finesterre heading south we detoured a few times walking a portion of the Dos Faros, the "Lighthouse Way" in mid-May. Here are the only two photos I have of the flowers. I thought them quite lovely. We diverted in Lires at the bar on the hill where the estuary meets the ocean.
Screenshot_20230223-060917~2.pngScreenshot_20230223-060957~2.png

Perhaps you can find your answer on the forum in this earlier thread re Lires, Finisterre and Muxia.
See also this from Santiago Ways

In past years I have walked to both Finisterre and Muxia but not on the same journey and only to Muxia via Dumbria not Lires.
Good luck with your search.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
WEetook the detour on our way to Lires from Finisterre in May last year and not only were the flowers stunning, the beaches were too. We had a picnic lunch on the beach at the river estuary after a cooling paddle in the clear waters.

I am sure it is beautiful but I would recommend walking around or down the Grand Canyon in Arizona. Especially on a cloudy day. I have traveled to many beautiful places none are as breathtaking in scope and beauty as the Grand Canyon. I swear sometimes it is overwhelming. It can bring you to tears of awe.

@Camino Chrissy has walked more of the coastal route between Lires and Finisterre than I have, but I do have my tracks for the detour to get to the Lires beach. Tracks aren’t really needed because it’s obvious, but if you are walking from Finisterre to Muxia, I’m not sure if the turnoff is well marked. From Muxia to Finisterre, it is easy to get out to the Lires beach when you arrive in Lires. You can do it in either direction, obviously, and it’s very pretty. There is a bar at Praia de Lires, but it was closed for the season last September/October when I walked through. And being in fall there were no flowers.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
About 7 years ago a pilgrim I met on the Norte told me that he discoverd the most beautifull spot in the world he had ever seen between Finistere and Muxia ( to narrow it down I believe he said between Finistere and Lires) To get there he had to divert from the regular path. It was so beautifull because of the abundance of flowers
I will be walking there around the half of April, if many flowers will be in bloom in this period I don't know.
Does anybody know where this spot might be and where I would have to divert from the straight route.
I walked the Camino de Faros last year. The 200K, 7 day walk is from Malpica along the Costa del Morte and goes through Muxia and Lires ending in Finisterre. The whole walk is spectacularly beautiful. I walked the Muxia to Lires and Lires to Finisterre sections in early May when many flowers were blooming. Beautiful but the most beautiful in the world? There are pictures of the entire route in this post on How The Camino de Faros Is Different From The Camino de Santiago. You be the judge?CACA84EB-12C1-4686-99DB-07679AACC88E.jpeg

Beautiful but the most beautiful in the world?
I haven't seen the entire world to say which place is the most beautiful, but hey, that photo you just posted is spectacular!
I wouldn't mind going there even if it ended up being only the 59th most beautiful place... Looks like a lovely journey.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, At this stage looks like we are going to finish in SdC on Friday, our flight home is only Monday night. The weather forecast doesnt look to be promising - showers over the whole weekend...
Hi all We are walking the reverse Camino from Muxia to Santiago via Fisterra. Any tips or information to help us on our way?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back