• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Netherlands- Santiago April 2024

maurice

Time of past OR future Camino
Home- Santiago
Hi there,
I was wonderig iff there is anyone walking from Holland to Santiago around April coming year? Will you let me know? Which route you're planning?
I will be on the camnino Limburgica to Rocroi France,
'Then to Vezelay and then I don't know to Le puy en Velay or more quicker to the west.....

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
In 2022, I walked the Via Monastica from Den Bosch to Givet, and loved it. I'd especially recommend the hospitality at Scherpenheuvel (at the Huis van Maria) and Leffe Abbey in Dinant.

It's possible to bypass Givet on your way to Rocroi, definitely worth considering.

Hi there,
I was wonderig iff there is anyone walking from Holland to Santiago around April coming year? Will you let me know? Which route you're planning?
'Then to Vezelay and then I don't know to Le puy en Velay or more quicker to the west...
I don't know from which direction you're coming from but back in 2014 I walked on Sundays and a couple of long weekends from Amsterdam to Den Bosch on the LAW 7, part 1 (part 2 continues on to Visé).

Although I've walked many, many Caminos, leaving from home has never been on my wishlist but chapeau to you and good luck deciding which routes to take.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Ik heb de GR 654 gelopen,
van Roicroi naar Reims, Auxerre, Vezulay, Nevers, Limoges

deze route is heel goed te doen en goed aangegeven.
wanneer je de route wilt hebben stuur mij een mailtje
Zelf ben ik uit Almelo vertrokken

If you are getting to Vezelay then i would recommend continuing on the Voie de Vezelay . See here https://www.chemin-compostelle.fr/les-etapes-de-la-voie-de-vezelay/ It's really beautiful and well serviced.
Thank you Giorgio!
I will keep it in mind. I don't know yet how I will walk after Vezelay. Can go to Le puy en Velay too but I will let it till the moment to deside is there :) like always :)
9 years ago I walked just to the south, to Lourdes, not a particular camino, my camino I guess :)
I just can't wait to go! Another 147 nights to sleep before I leave.... God willing ofcourse but I am really counting the days off!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Ik heb de GR 654 gelopen,
van Roicroi naar Reims, Auxerre, Vezulay, Nevers, Limoges

deze route is heel goed te doen en goed aangegeven.
wanneer je de route wilt hebben stuur mij een mailtje
Zelf ben ik uit Almelo vertrokken
Moet ook een mooie tijd geweest zijn Hans!
Ik vond de omgeving van Rocroi ook supermooi, met die oude vestingen, bijzonder.
Ooit nog van plan vanuit Limoges verder te lopen of heb je dat misschien al gedaan?

I don't know from which direction you're coming from but back in 2014 I walked on Sundays and a couple of long weekends from Amsterdam to Den Bosch on the LAW 7, part 1 (part 2 continues on to Visé).

Although I've walked many, many Caminos, leaving from home has never been on my wishlist but chapeau to you and good luck deciding which routes to take.
Thank you LTfit for your replay and good luck!
Well because walking from here, starting end of winter early spring it is really quiet everywhere from here to at least the middle of France, about 6-7 weeks further. I like to be alone, walking, not like Sara- Santiago.
That's why I liked the Via de la Plata so much, maybe 5-6 pelgrims a day, nice quiet :)
But not like always, I like to have contact too, nice conversation, glass wine, you know. That's why I don't know yet wich one to take when in the south of France, Norte or Frances but lets get to the south of France first :) The Frances is like a party with all those people :) , the Norte is nice, beautiful views near the coast but more quiet and after two month quietness I don't know yet :)

In 2022, I walked the Via Monastica from Den Bosch to Givet, and loved it. I'd especially recommend the hospitality at Scherpenheuvel (at the Huis van Maria) and Leffe Abbey in Dinant.

It's possible to bypass Givet on your way to Rocroi, definitely worth considering.
Yes I remembered the Abbey, there was nothing, just a sink :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
2016 ben ik met mn rolstoel vertrokken vanaf Nederland en zo ieder jaar een stukje verder gerold via oa den Bosch, Maastricht, Reims, Vezelay, Taizé en Le-Puy-en-Velay (niet de kortste weg dus).
Vorig jaar in Rocamadour aangekomen. Dit jaar helaas ivm een rugoperatie niet kunnen gaan maar 2024 verwacht ik april/mei van Rocamadour via Lourdes naar de Spaanse grens (of net daar voorbij) te rollen.

dat stuk waar je over schrijf (Rocroi en omgeving) vond ik erg mooi.
Je kan er op m'n blog ook meer over lezen (met foto's).

2016 ben ik met mn rolstoel vertrokken vanaf Nederland en zo ieder jaar een stukje verder gerold via oa den Bosch, Maastricht, Reims, Vezelay, Taizé en Le-Puy-en-Velay (niet de kortste weg dus).
Vorig jaar in Rocamadour aangekomen. Dit jaar helaas ivm een rugoperatie niet kunnen gaan maar 2024 verwacht ik april/mei van Rocamadour via Lourdes naar de Spaanse grens (of net daar voorbij) te rollen.

dat stuk waar je over schrijf (Rocroi en omgeving) vond ik erg mooi.
Je kan er op m'n blog ook meer over lezen (met foto's).

Hoi Wheel, ik hoop dat het beter met je gaat na je operatie ervan uit gaande dat je 'm gehad hebt en dat je goed hersteld. Ik vind het superknap wat je doet, dan kom je pas hindernissen tegen waar je als wandelaar gewoon overheen stapt of langs loopt, respect.
Rocamadour vond ik ook supermooi! Wel totaal anders als Vezelay kwa atmosfeer, commerciëler maar zeker supermooi.
Ik wens je alvast het allerbeste voor aankomend jaar! Wie weet komen we ons nog tegen maar vorige keer was ik in Lourdes, denk dat ik deze keer meer westelijk ben maar ik denk nooit zover vooruit dus ik weet het niet :)
Gaat je goed Wheel! Buen camino!

Hoi Wheel, ik hoop dat het beter met je gaat na je operatie ervan uit gaande dat je 'm gehad hebt en dat je goed hersteld. Ik vind het superknap wat je doet, dan kom je pas hindernissen tegen waar je als wandelaar gewoon overheen stapt of langs loopt, respect.
Rocamadour vond ik ook supermooi! Wel totaal anders als Vezelay kwa atmosfeer, commerciëler maar zeker supermooi.
Ik wens je alvast het allerbeste voor aankomend jaar! Wie weet komen we ons nog tegen maar vorige keer was ik in Lourdes, denk dat ik deze keer meer westelijk ben maar ik denk nooit zover vooruit dus ik weet het niet :)
Gaat je goed Wheel! Buen camino!
Dank je. De operatie is gebeurd en hoewel ik nog niet de oude ben kan ik weer de gewone dingen en durf ik weer plannen te maken. 2024 (waarschijnlijk april) verwacht ik van Rocamadour naar Lourdes en dan de Spaanse grens te gaan.
Wie weet treffen we elkaar nog eens onderweg.
Buen camino!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2024/04/22/italy-tourists-cinque-terre-one-way-hiking-trails/
Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Jougne, the end of the last stage in France? Thanks. Karl
Can't get into the official Via Francigena site. I've used it for years, but today all I get when I try to enter it is 'File not found". For example, if I enter...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.