Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

The not so serious thread V

Camino walkers love this gripping, intriguing, mystery with history novel.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Past OR future Camino
Us:Camino Frances, 2015 Me:Catalan/Aragonese, 2019
I always wished I could play the piano...apparently it's simple and "anything goes".
cat-piano.gif

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
I marched to different lyrics. When the drill instructor wasn't around.

In other news, Peg enjoys movies like Paradise where things don't go as you expect.
I love Birdbox! I mostly have experienced birds pooping on my car after washing it.
I especially liked the cartoon after of the dog in the pub...so true! They love stealing food if you turn your back on them...I've witnessed an "empty" plate a few times myself and I wasn't the one who devoured the food.

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Turga

Camino tortuga
Past OR future Camino
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
On second thoughts...nothing on this planet and known to human man could possibly get rid of forum bed bug threads.

A shower of posts on ”How can I get my murderous looking walking poles on board a plane without checking them in” might do the trick :cool:

known to human man

Are you referring to The Human Bean? :)

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

Camino Chrissy

Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
For you...cheap.
Only $1.50 and $325.00 post and packing.
Guaranteed to get rid of Jitters and bed bug threads....priceless.
For me...cheaper.
$1.50 and only $215.00 shipping and packing cuz NYC lives much farther away from the Atlantic than I do.

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

Camino Chrissy

Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
NYC and I have girl power...we make men weep. Not sure what I just said, but don't care.🤔🤭😂

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.

Camino Chrissy

Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I think I should start a thread on "can bedbugs climb to the second bunk"...havent seen that one for a week.
Every one knows that only the ones with vertigo can't.
Unfortunately none of them have vertigo. If they did, everyone would be begging for a TOP bunk...the hoary haired folks still want the bottom, even if they get bit up by the bugs.
P.S. I had to re-work my post....I had made a boo-boo.🐜🧓

Last edited:
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Camino Socks
Past OR future Camino
A shower of posts on ”How can I get my murderous looking walking poles on board a plane without checking them in” might do the trick :cool:
Coming back home from our first trip to Spain and Portugal I boarded the plane with a sword and I got off the plane back home still a free man (and with the sword).

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Camino Chrissy

Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
It was Alfonso X's sword. It has his name on it. He must have had a lot of swords as the street vendor was selling them for about $10 apiece.

As with all powerful and magic swords it has a name, Alfonsox. 🗡️
Looks like it has gone up in value...almost 5x's what you paid...you gonna be rich one day in the very distant future.
Screenshot_20210819-155708~2.png

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Donation to the Forum
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Camino Chrissy

Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Tgat.....That's good art, Turga.
Tgat is really just a typo to spell Turga.

I had wondered if he did some photoshopping with his skills, but that broom is useless with those two piddly long bristles...they won't pick up sticks.

Donation to the Forum
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Past OR future Camino
Camino Socks
Donation to the Forum
Camino Cups
Past OR future Camino
British Morse Code
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
No again.
Does the 'Morse Code' at the beginning of the theme from Inspector Morse actually spell anything?

Yes, the music does spell the word, "Morse" in Morse code. It is repeated several times throughout the theme, both at the beginning and at the end. It is cleverly done.

Camino Chrissy

Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I tap Morse code on this RED instrument...and it doesn't even need to be plugged in.
Screenshot_20210821-064338~2.png

Bristle Boy

Past OR future Camino
A few years ago there was a series called "Morse" from the books of Colin Dexter.
His Christian name was never divulged and it was pure speculation and created a lot of interest.
Eventually, it was divulged by someone who read Morse code as his Christian name was hidden in code in the theme tune.

Just to make it easier...

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Camino Chrissy

Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
A few years ago there was a series called "Morse" from the books of Colin Dexter.
His Christian name was never divulged and it was pure speculation and created a lot of interest.
Eventually, it was divulged by someone who read Morse code as his Christian name was hidden in code in the theme tune.

Just to make it easier...

A lovely theme song, BB. Thanks for explaining.
I had no idea what Rick was on about.

Turga

Camino tortuga
Past OR future Camino
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)

They have been sending old detective series in Danish TV for the last year or so, among them Inspector Morse. I have only seen a few; I find them quite boring and predictable. I mean, someone kills somebody and then someone tries to find out why, how and who – it’s much like the plot in classic operas: A soprano and a baritone are in love and want to get married and a bass tries to prevent the marriage because the soprano is unworthy of the baritone or vice versa. A mezzosoprano helps the lovers fool the bass and so they are secretly married and everybody lives happily ever after and the curtain drops :rolleyes::p

Camino Chrissy

Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I have only seen a few; I find them quite boring and predictable. I mean, someone kills somebody and then someone tries to find out why, how and who
Sounds just like the American "Columbo" detective series, and many others...I have enjoyed a few of them anyway. Sometimes you just appreciate the lead character's role and acting ability.

Bristle Boy

Past OR future Camino
They have been sending old detective series in Danish TV for the last year or so, among them Inspector Morse. I have only seen a few; I find them quite boring and predictable. I mean, someone kills somebody and then someone tries to find out why, how and who – it’s much like the plot in classic operas: A soprano and a baritone are in love and want to get married and a bass tries to prevent the marriage because the soprano is unworthy of the baritone or vice versa. A mezzosoprano helps the lovers fool the bass and so they are secretly married and everybody lives happily ever after and the curtain drops :rolleyes::p
Believability is always best.
I still can't get over the American programmes where they drive up to the building they want and there is always a parking space outside. Not only is no parking skill involved but they glide into a space large enough for three 🤪

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Ourense to Santiago (2019), CF: (2014, 2004, 2002, 2001). On to Fisterra, (2002, 4, 14).
Believability is always best.
I still can't get over the American programmes where they drive up to the building they want and there is always a parking space outside. Not only is no parking skill involved but they glide into a space large enough for three 🤪

OMG!

I never before noticed.

🤣🤣🤣

Camino Cups

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads