• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The not so serious thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
While in the service I was attending a lecture by an officer. I was resting my eyes for awhile. The officer called out my name and asked "What did I just say?" So I told him. He was pissed. But he learned that we listen with our ears.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I happened to see many similar church signs this morning during wake-up-with-YouTime time. CC did a fine job with curating.
Thanks, Rick. That is the nicest thing you've ever said to me...or am I just gullible.🤔 After thinking for a moment, I'd say you are being sarcastic...may He strike you from above.🙄

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
A have curated antique collections for meself; clocks, dolls, quilts, and a variety of globes in many sizes and colors, but not shapes...I'm still looking for a square globe.
I've gotten rid of some collections. Hubby was glad when he finally didn't have to look at the old dolls any more with their scary eyeballs.😆Screenshot_20210807-090045~2.png

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
No Chris. There is no alcohol. Look at the name. With Popes it has to be wholly water.
You are correct! It's clear as a bell...don't know how I missed "seeing" it.

Edit- The two Popes(or is it four🤔) turn Holy wholly water into wine...or should the correct grammar be wholly Holy water?

Last edited:
Rick, I'm trying to get a laugh out of this post, but I'm seriously not making a connection...I won't ask you to explain it though.🙀

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
With all of the googling I did on this thread today, I may take the test to become a certified electrician or even an electrical engineer.🤓
⚡🔌🔋💡

People are shocked with my ability to do electrical wiring.

Good thing there’s an Atlantic Ocean between your electrical installations and mine! :p (But hey! Sea water is an electrical conductor so next time you throw a switch over there you could fry my feet when I dabble in the North Sea – luckily I only do that very occasionally so I guess the risk is bearable :cool:)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Good thing there’s an Atlantic Ocean between your electrical installations and mine! :p (But hey! Sea water is an electrical conductor so next time you throw a switch over there you could fry my feet when I dabble in the North Sea – luckily I only do that very occasionally so I guess the risk is bearable :cool:)
Turga, you are a Professor and teach Electrical #101 at the University in Copenhagen.Screenshot_20210811-101217~2.png

Well we from the USA say hilarious to describe a very clever pun...the EUers and UKers most often say brilliant and diamonds are brilliant, you just aren't quite a perfectly cut one yet...but almost. It's a compliment...I'd run with it if I were you.🤷

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
People are shocked with my ability to do electrical wiring.
All these posts remind me that I've got to get back to work this afternoon.

Anger-Issues.jpg

All these posts remind me that I've got to get back to work this afternoon.

Anger-Issues.jpg
Finished. Peg didn't think it looked good before. She was also worried that it wasn't safe either. Fixed both problems by stapling an old pillow over it. I scared the mice nesting in the pillow but, don't worry, they'll be back.

Finished. Peg didn't think it looked good before. She was also worried that it wasn't safe either. Fixed both problems by stapling an old pillow over it. I scared the mice nesting in the pillow but, don't worry, they'll be back.
This is what separates you from the "bodgers" of this world Rick...a true artisan.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Bearable risk, um.

You know bears are able to conduct electricity.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
My heart conducts copious amounts of electrical🔌 currents⚡ every time I've seen a bear in nature.

Did you hear about the bear who became a christian.

I’ll tell it.

Once upon a time a hiker was hiking in the woods. He saw a bear blocking his path. Hiker fell to his knees begging to make bear a christian.

Hiker finished his prayer and stood.

Then, the bear kneeled and thanked his new found god for lunch.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
While we are "loosely" on the subject of dogs, I saw this unusual, adorble very small dog on my flight home from Sedona, then a few days later while shopping so I asked to take pictures. It was a miniature longhair calico daschund dog. Awww, so cute!
IMG_20210811_153925929.jpgIMG_20210811_153931816.jpg

Bears get their beer other ways (and they are choosy).

When state Fish and Wildlife agents recently found a black bear passed out on the lawn of Baker Lake Resort, there were some clues scattered nearby — dozens of empty cans of Rainier Beer.

The bear apparently got into campers’ coolers and used his claws and teeth to puncture the cans. And not just any cans.

“He drank the Rainier and wouldn’t drink the Busch beer,” said Lisa Broxson, bookkeeper at the campground and cabins resort east of Mount Baker.

Fish and Wildlife enforcement Sgt. Bill Heinck said the bear did try one can of Busch, but ignored the rest. The beast then consumed about 36 cans of Rainier.

A wildlife agent tried to chase the bear from the campground but the animal just climbed a tree to sleep it off for another four hours. Agents finally herded the bear away, but it returned the next morning.

Agents then used a large, humane trap to capture it for relocation, baiting the trap with the usual: doughnuts, honey and, in this case, two open cans of Rainier.

That did the trick.

“This is a new one on me,” Heinck said. “I’ve known them to get into cans, but nothing like this. And it definitely had a preference.”

When did you take that photo
Not mine. Search for bears begging.
They were looking for their mom.
The begging cubs were a divergence. Mom was opening up the back and stealing the beer. (Okay, we're both right.)

Peg and I were backpacking in Yosemite. The rental car was in a parking lot. All food and coolers had to be stored outside the car in special lockers. We got back in the morning, get our stuff and leave for another park. After setting up the tent I sat at the picnic table. I noticed something strange on the car door that wasn't there in the morning. An investigation showed something that wasn't there in the morning. The print of a bear's paw. The car was inspected by a bear early that morning and the moisture left by the paw collected dust on our trip. We left it as it was and used it as a conversation starter up to and including our return of the rental. Same trip that a bear walked by our tent at night earlier in the Yosemite backcountry.

Not mine.
I was just teasing!

All food and coolers had to be stored outside the car in special lockers.
My son started the JMT in Yosemite and backpackers were required to purchase or rent a bear canister. His car was parked for the duration of his hike and like you, no food could be left inside. In the past people who stored food in their trunk(boot) had bears break car windows to gain access and ripped out the back of the seats to get to the food.😱

€60,-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Hi! I just want to know if anyone had any success (or trouble conversely on that matter) using your Visa Debit Card with 6-digit PIN when withdrawing Euros in ATMs in France and Spain? Just want...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back