• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The RIBBON Project

contraprincess

Time of past OR future Camino
2013 & planning 2015 walk
Hi, I am Donna, I had brain surgery 4 years ago and still have medical issues. I am leaving for the Camino de Santiago September 3rd and will be walking from ST Jean Pied the 6th or 7th to start on my healing. I started a FREE Ribbon Project to collect ribbons with people's name on it and while walking will pray for hope and healing for them and their families. I will be carrying these ribbons with me across the Camino de Santiago. If you want me to make a ribbon in someones honor or memory please send me an email. Donna@hopeprayheal.com

Please check out the website and post if you want to. You can even add your own story. Your story matters. http://www.hopeprayheal.com
Thank you,
DMC

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Donna,
My name is Tim, aka Hope-ologist,. I have been a head and neck cancer fighter for 4 years now. I plan to walk Sarria to Santiago beginning 09/22/2013. I'll be raising money here in the US for head and neck research. My best friend, David, is coming with me and doing the same thing for breast cancer research (his wife was diagnosed this year. We'll be traveling under the team name of Camino Cancer Fighters and handing out T-shirts and wrist bands. If you'll send me your address and size on a PM, I'll send you a shirt to wear. The Ribbon Project is an awesome endeavor. Please add us to your prayer list. Only one more scan stands in the way of the green light. I will prayer for your project and healing. BTW...my new blog, http://www.hopeterminal.com is now up although with no content yet. Seems like it is always a works in progress.
Regards,
Hope-ologist

Hi Tim,
Sounds like you have a beautiful project also. Life is full of amazing people. Stay strong I pray for your GREEN light and know you will find healing on your journey. How long will you be on the Camino? I am going to be in Spain for 8 weeks and you never know. We may run into each other.

I am leaving some time in August but I haven't nailed down the date, but will soon.

Thank you for the T-shirt, that was very thoughtful and on Friday I will donate to your cause on your page. You can Mail a medium shirt to:
Donna McGrath
100 Pine Street
North Grafton,MA 01519

My walk entails many different things so, it would be too hard to make it a donation trip. My goal is to carry people with me to provide hope, prayer and healing.

I will add your site and keep track of you:) I am blogging from Spain and uploading pictures.

DMC

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Donna,
We take our first steps out of Sarria on Sept. 22nd. We're taking 8.5 days to get to Santiago. Hope we bump into each other. Tshirts probably won't be in for a month but you're on the list.
Tim

Donna,

I got my latest scan results yesterday. Unfortunately, my cancer has returned. Back to my spine. It came back with higher activity levels. Got to believe my blood sugar has something to do with it. Anyway, more needles, metallic tastes and chemo in my future. M.D. Anderson wants me to come down for some new genetic testing to help guide the new treatment.

One thing I won't do is cancel my trip. I will have probably have had 2 rounds of chemo so I may have to make some adjustments if my endurance is effected by then. This trip has become too much a part of who I am to give it up. I just may have to ride in the back of a wagon a time or two. I am supposed to speak one night at the albergue that Campus Crusade for Christ runs in Ligonde. Be there the night of the 24th. Story just got better.

Making you aware of all this to ask for prayers. Need it for me, along with wife and daughter. This is the first time I've thought so much about death since I was diagnosed. Still waiting on my Tshirts. You get the first medium. Hope we get a chance to meet on the Camino.

In the meantime, Walk Worthy.

Tim

Dear Tim
The Brothers and Sisters (monks and nuns) of the Order of St. Andrew are praying for you every day and with special mention every Sunday Mass.
Blessings
Sister Simon Clare, OSA

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi Tim and Donna!
I've walked the camino three times: it is an uplifting part of my life - even if I get blisters! I have always chosen the quieter caminos - it's much easier to think and pray when you're just surrounded by nature and history.
My first camino was in thanksgiving for eight of the happiest years of my life in Spain. Then I got 'hooked'. Details, diaries, links to all photos are on my web site.
I pray that your caminos will be as happy as mine: that God will walk with you each step of the way, both on your caminos and throughout your pilgrimage of life.
Blessings from Suffolk.

Stephen.

God Bless you Tim and Donna as you make your way along the Camino.
Tim,
You will only need to walk 13 kms per day so you will have lots of time to take rest stops.
I recently walked a couple of days on a very difficult (for me) trail and carrying a heavy backpack. I did it one kilometer at a time, stopping at each marker for about a ten minute rest. The main point is We were able to do it! You will be too!

Donna,
Your ribbons idea is precious.
There is a tradition of leaving a small stone carried from home at the foot of an iron cross, a day and a half west of Astorga. maybe you can leave your ribbons there.

Buen Camino,
David, Victoria, Canada

Tim, I sent you a private message. I sending pray love and healing to you.
stephan
Thank you for the response and your beautiful words of encouragement.

David, I think that is a beautiful idea. I will take a picture to show people the final resting place of the ribbons.

I am planning on making it to St Jean Pied on Sept. 6-7th I then will begin my walk.

Blessings,
Donna

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Tim,

I should be on the Sarria to Santiago leg of my journey the same time as you guys. I really hope our paths cross.

Good luck, god bless. See you on the Camino,

Lloyd

Dear Donna and Tim - I wish you both the very best of health and buen Camino. I also hope to meet you both in person. I am doing a split Camino - starting in Roncesvalles on the 8th September, walking for a week. I will then train to Astorga, walk for a week to Sarria - and leave Sarria on the morning of the 22nd September. All the best with your preparations and projects. Stay strong and see you there! Mary

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back