• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Three days Camino

Kanchu

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2019
Hi everyone,

I thought of doing a three days camino with my boy friend from 30 April 2019. I read various thread here for the ideas and suggestion. However, I would particularly like to ask if someone could suggest me a best route to do three days camino to Santiago. First, I thought of doing a week camino from Tui to Santiago, unfortunately due to my time consideration, I would not be able to do a week camino.

I would also like to ask regarding the accomodation along the route. I do not think I will use any agency service, therefore it would be very helpful if I could get ideas regarding booking pension or hotel. I prefer a private twin bedroom since my boyfriend has a porblem of snoring and he does not want to disturb other pilgrimers by sharing the dormitory.

Thanks a lot.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I’d suggest that you wait until you have more than 3 days. It’s a beautiful experience and I believe you need more than 3 days to fully experience and appreciate it.

Looking at the Camino Frances overall , my immediate choice would be Pamplona to Estella -A total of 45km which would mean 15km a day with plenty of overnight options.
But then I think of the Meseta - Burgos to Castrojeriz , a total of 48km and that would give you a good taste of Spain , the people, tradition , food and the Camino.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
A few questions to inform an answer: How important is it to you that you receive a Compostela? If it is, know that you will be walking 35 km each day for your three days. If it is not critical, how much do you feel comfortable walking each day? Also, are you just looking for three days anywhere along the Camino or do you want three days ending in Santiago? What do you want more - nice towns and cities with important cultural monuments, mountain scenery with beautiful views, little villages, flat plains with big skies and an endless horizon, vineyards and wineries?

If we know the answer to these questions we can better advise you.

Take the train from Porto to Barcelos and from there you could walk to Vitorino dos Piães and stay at the famous Casa da Fernanda if you ask before you can get a double bedroom there .and you have the best caminho Portuguēs experience . Next day is a nice walk to Ponte de Lima. Very nice town to stay e.g in the albergue or plenty of privat rooms and small hotels
Next day take a taxi or bus to Rubiães and walk from there to ValeNça do Minho and once arrived there take the train back to Porto
Distances Barcelos to Casa da Fernanda is 18 kms. From there to Ponte de Lima 14 kms and from Rubiães to Valença 18 kms
Passa bem e bom caminho

'RENSHAW' choices are very good BUT I would suggest starting at beginning of Camino Frances........St Jean-Roncesvalles-Pamplona............ which is approx 66 kms total. You get a real sense/atmosphere of the Camino when you start here - at least I did - and next time you could start in Pamplona which is a lovely city and easy to access! If you are reasonably fit you can make St Jean to Roncesvalles in one day.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
RENSHAW and countycork, although, one might take the fact that Kanshu posed the question in the Camino Portugues forum, rather than the Camino Frances forum, as a predisposition to walk the three days on the Portugues rather than the Frances.

Walk three days from Pontevedra to Santiago.
Pontevedra to Caldas de Reis
Caldas de Reis to Padron
Padron to Vigo

Hi everyone,

I thought of doing a three days camino with my boy friend from 30 April 2019. I read various thread here for the ideas and suggestion. However, I would particularly like to ask if someone could suggest me a best route to do three days camino to Santiago. First, I thought of doing a week camino from Tui to Santiago, unfortunately due to my time consideration, I would not be able to do a week camino.

I would also like to ask regarding the accomodation along the route. I do not think I will use any agency service, therefore it would be very helpful if I could get ideas regarding booking pension or hotel. I prefer a private twin bedroom since my boyfriend has a porblem of snoring and he does not want to disturb other pilgrimers by sharing the dormitory.

Thanks a lot.

30 KM/stages would roughly place Redondela as your starting point.
25 KM/Stages would place you in Pontevedra (better option in my opinion)
All the towns have hotel, hostel and albergue options - check booking
Buen Camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

One day there was this inner knowledge. After the camino just popped up a couple of times in my universe, I knew: I need to go. Tingling in the spine, a slight nervousness. That usually shows me I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back