• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Three days from destination!

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances SJPP to SdC Oct/Nov 2015
Frances Burgos toSdC March/April 2016
W. Highland Way August 2016
Camino Somewhere September 2017
Three days from destination! My walking companion and I are currently at Ventas de Naron, in stage 30 of the Brierley guide! While we haven't really used the guide as a definitive destination guide for several days now, we are using it at this point. We are setting the goal every day to just get to the end of the stage, and enjoy the walk.

As we ran into each other, after several different meeting times, at the top of Ocebreiro, we have kind of figured out that we are fated to walk into Santiago together. We are an unlikely partnership. She is 17; I am 56. However, she is happy to go at my slow pace, and I am happy to laugh at her when she makes great jokes! She is a real ray of sunshine.

We have met so many different people along the way, and are constantly surrounded by familiar people. We are looking forward to several days of sunshine. I really think we deserve it, as we walked for several days in cold, driving rain. Interestingly, we kept finding places with fireplaces, and we would take off our ponchos and people would hang them up for us so that they could dry out a bit. We discovered a lot of kindness along the way, warching older man sitting together and eating meat and cheese, while drinking their wine and beer. It has been quite an amazing last couple of weeks.

So many stories, so many kindnesses, so many gracious people. I really thought for a while that I could never, ever do this again. Now, I am looking at the April and May and started to plan but just a bit! Now that I have done this walk, I know which parts I like, and which parts I could maybe miss! I am proud to say that I have walked the entire way, I have carried my pack the entire way. I have given as much as I have received, and I think that is the best that any of us can do.

So looking forward to walking into Santiago, and wishing you all the very best. Boy, have I learned a lot.

Camino love--

Debra

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Three days from destination! My walking companion and I are currently at Ventas de Naron, in stage 30 of the Brierley guide! While we haven't really used the guide as a definitive destination guide for several days now, we are using it at this point. We are setting the goal every day to just get to the end of the stage, and enjoy the walk.

As we ran into each other, after several different meeting times, at the top of Ocebreiro, we have kind of figured out that we are fated to walk into Santiago together. We are an unlikely partnership. She is 17; I am 56. However, she is happy to go at my slow pace, and I am happy to laugh at her when she makes great jokes! She is a real ray of sunshine.

We have met so many different people along the way, and are constantly surrounded by familiar people. We are looking forward to several days of sunshine. I really think we deserve it, as we walked for several days in cold, driving rain. Interestingly, we kept finding places with fireplaces, and we would take off our ponchos and people would hang them up for us so that they could dry out a bit. We discovered a lot of kindness along the way, warching older man sitting together and eating meat and cheese, while drinking their wine and beer. It has been quite an amazing last couple of weeks.

So many stories, so many kindnesses, so many gracious people. I really thought for a while that I could never, ever do this again. Now, I am looking at the April and May and started to plan but just a bit! Now that I have done this walk, I know which parts I like, and which parts I could maybe miss! I am proud to say that I have walked the entire way, I have carried my pack the entire way. I have given as much as I have received, and I think that is the best that any of us can do.

So looking forward to walking into Santiago, and wishing you all the very best. Boy, have I learned a lot.

Camino love--

Debra
What a lovely post.II am so pleased for you.Best wishes for the rest of your Camino.God Bless.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Such a beautiful post!
Well...I'm not at all surprised that this journey is as rich as it has been for you, Deb--nor that you're already incubating plans for a 'next time'.
I have given as much as I have received, and I think that is the best that any of us can do.
If the rest of the world did this...well...it would look totally different. What a wonderful, simple, and yet very profound thing to learn from the Camino, for us all.

May you have some sunshine in the next days and a beautiful time in Santiago, when you arrive (how great it would be to trade stories at the Tertulia; maybe next time?).

Many of us find the entrance into the square in front of the Cathedral to be a great sense of accomplishment ...followed by a sense of loss that the adventure was over.

Be sure to get contact information from all of your Camino friends.

Many of them are now my friends on Facebook, and some of them I have asked to join this form, including my very marvelous friend Simon.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Wonderful, Debra! What a lovely post, beautifully put. Do enjoy your last few days, and your arrival in Santiago. I remember being surprised at how emotional that last day was for me (couldn't work out why I felt so irritable, till we arrived at the cathedral and the tears started!!)

You so deserve some sunshine for the last few days - but whatever the weather, buen almost-finished camino!!

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Forum, it is a lovely post. I hope you will enjoy the last days before entering Santiago, it is a great moment when you arrive on the square in front of the cathedral. And it is not the end of your Camino.

Oh thank you for posting - I had been wondering how you were getting along. Such a lovely lyrical description, and I'm happy for you to be having such a wonderful experience. Congratulations, enjoy your final few days and the arrival into Santiago.
Buen Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Congratulations on "making" it! Tears of joy will be part of your experience walking onto the plaza, guaranteed.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
As I walk into that square it always overcomes me; what an accomplishment. A truly great accomplishment. It fills me with gratitude. Only you will understand the depths of that Deb. Congratulations.

This year for me the tears happened quite unexpectedly not at the Plaza, but at the park on the edge of the city after crossing the motorway--the one with the big sculpture. It was a huge 'gratitude attack,' with an added dose of awe...I had actually arrived, after all that walking, step by step. It wasn't my first Camino and along the way I hadn't ever felt the least doubt about being able to walk the distance, so the reaction was a big surprise. But looking back now . . . it is amazing, what we can do, all of us . . .

Well Done
Trite words no?
For having come..so far
Seen so much
Doing..doing..done....

The Journey..
NEVER ends.
You have found something of and within yourself.

Your set free.

Forevermore
Your Mind,your body, your Soul
Will know True Freedom.
No matter what happens hereafter
You have known Freedom
And that will never leave you,

You are among the Blessed now
All the Pilgrims past
Present
Here
And gone have touched these colors of the Soul
And are Marked.indelibly.

No, the footsteps may stop
The bag put aside
Breath caught

But inside
Inside where it counts
You are free.

And that is the Siren Singing
That Hiraeth
That Fado..you hear deep in the deepness of nite

Will forever call to you.

Be Ever so Blessed Pilgrim on the way

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
So tomorrow's the big day then? I envy you (that's it I've already sinned today and it's not yet 10am) :( Enjoy your bitter sweet moment. It always makes me feel lost and in limbo. I love it and hate it finishing. Anyway - best wishes for tomorrow. Now you will be doomed for thinking "This time last.... I was in ...." almost every day of your life.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

A message has just been posted on the Facebook account of the albergue in Roncesvalles. It seems the combination of pilgrim numbers beyond their capacity and poor weather has made this a difficult...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
I’m on the Camino Frances since April 4. I just finished the Meseta and it feels unpleasantly busy and has since the beginning. No time time to smell the roses or draw much. There is a sense from...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and there's one bit of it that worries me. The descent from Collado de Lepoeder to Roncesvalles seems quite steep (according to the Wise Pilgrim app) which...
We are in SJPP today While we were standing in line today, one of my pilgrims met 3 people from Taiwan, who could not find a bed. He said he also saw several people on their phones, frantically...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back