• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Tickets Bought! May - June 2013

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
We're all excited for you Mark. May you have the best of all travels. Preparing for the Camino can be such a great time as well. What a great time to walk.

Trust in the arrows,
Simeon

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'll be there with you too - on my first Camino - hope to meet you. Will have my Forum badge on my rucksack, my new poles, new Altus, new sleeping bag, used boots, new socks etc.... and earplugs.

See you in Pamplona perhaps - buen Camino for all of us!

I also have bought my tickets. I will be flying out from Perth, West. Aust. on 12th May to Madrid via Doha then an internal flight to Pamploma from where I intend to begin my walk. I will probably stay in Pamploma for a couple of days, just to ease my way into things and try to get over the worst of the jet lag which always gets me.
Hope to meet up with other friendly faces along the way.
Smiles...Susanawee.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Al the optimist said:
Staring on 11th from SJDP so will be around as well. procrastination permitting I will have sewn my forum badge on! :)
allan
Superglue is quicker. :wink: Buen Camino!

Christy, coming from from Ireland to Biarritz on 22 via Ryanairand train to bayonne. i will be starting from St.Jean on 23rd may. Checking for accomadation on first night. A steep climb on first day. I have walked from Ponferrada last October. Tough but Great experience. I loved the engagement with fellow travellers/pilgrims. The bagback weight the problem as the walk progresses.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
mgrussell said:
We just bought our tickets May 16 to June 29 for the Camino Fances! We have been reading, walking and preparing for our trip next year. This site is wealth of knowledge and thanks to all for sharing. If anyone else plans to be there at that time drop us a line and maybe we walk abit together.

Mark

Hi Mark,

I'll be arriving Madrid May 16 and hope to leave from Pamplona or Zubiri or Roncesvalles (haven't decided yet) on May 17. See you on the Camino! :wink:

Hi everyone, I am planing to do camino in mid May and hope to meet new friends along the way, will be leaving from Stanstead airport in U.k.

Buen Camino
Trevor

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I am looking at starting from st jean pied du port around the 16 May Allan, when are you thinking of starting your journey?

christy wharton said:
Christy, coming from from Ireland to Biarritz on 22 via Ryanairand train to bayonne. i will be starting from St.Jean on 23rd may. Checking for accomadation on first night. A steep climb on first day. I have walked from Ponferrada last October. Tough but Great experience. I loved the engagement with fellow travellers/pilgrims. The bagback weight the problem as the walk progresses.

Hi Christy, I'll be on the same flight and train, planning on Route Napoleon on the Thursday so if you want company for a part of the way pm me and I'll pass you on my mobile number.

Buen Camino

Seamus

Congratulations Mark:

I walked the Camino Frances from May 23 to June 29, 2012, almost the exact same dates you have selected. It rained on us only 1 1/2 days the entire time so we had great weather last year. That time of the year in Spain will be ideal for you. Read as many threads as you can in this forum. It helped me a great deal. One last bit of advice...enjoy yourself out there. The trip is a one in a lifetime experience for many, so please do take time to notice the little things. You will see enough of them along the way. For me the little things were appreciating the setting sun flashing brilliance on a centuries old church in Larrasoana or watching honey bees in the dozen or so hives that a farmer kept in his orchard on my way to Muxia. Best wishes on your journey.

I start SJPdP Trevor 11th May, but am not going to rush, 20K or a little more most days. So. who knows, we may meet somewhere along the way. Being completely selfish I wish yopu good weather! :lol:
allan

First timers; looking forward to Spring and our departure. Three of us coming via NY to Paris and then the train to Bayonne. Probably overnight there and on to SJPP arriving 5/18. Begin our Camino on the 19th. Can't wait. Reading, planning, and training - even in the snow of New England. Looking forward to meeting all of you along the way. Bob, Jack & Ellen :arrow:

Hi, I'm from Caloundra Qld Australia & will be walking my first camino with my husband. We leave SJPP 4 May 2013. I'm turning 60 this year...probably in Logrono by then if all goes to plan. My husband got a big party & a Rolling Stones signed Fender guitar to celebrate his day. Just like me to take the hard way. I get to walk a very long distance instead...what madness. I can't wait!!
I've just discovered this site & I can't leave it alone, it's so informative
Clearly my next step must be to order a forum badge for us both...superglue sounds good, but might it rip off...ugggh..I'm worrying about "nothing" already :D

Buen Camino to all.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hola Healthytoo,
We are neighbours - we live at Pomona. Mike (husband) and I walked JPDP to Santiago in Sept/Oct 2009 while in our very late 50's. I am planning the Camino del Norte for 2014.
Feel free to contact if you'd like at jackidufty@hotmail.com
Buen Camino, Jacki.

mgrussell said:
We just bought our tickets May 16 to June 29 for the Camino Fances! We have been reading, walking and preparing for our trip next year. This site is wealth of knowledge and thanks to all for sharing. If anyone else plans to be there at that time drop us a line and maybe we walk abit together.

Mark

Hi Mark, I'm arriving in St Jean on 22nd May and starting the following day, was only able to get 4 weeks free from work so planning on Santiago on June 15th and then on to either Finisterre or Muxia so I'm likely to see you about 7 days in, I'll be the paled legged Irishman muttering about his sanity while smoking a small cigar, forum badge on a blue Lowe Alpine 45 litre backpack, glad to spend a few hours strolling on whatever day we meet and share a cafe con leche.

Buen camino

Seamus

Congrats! Just bought mine for Bordeaux where I will meet with my good friends of the Camino 2011 - we are leaving together for our second Camino - with Nestor the donkey (who only carries the camping equipment, not our packs!).

You will love the Camino experience - no doubt you have read many books, postings and blogs... here's another if you care to read it -
I'll start you in Feb of 2011 - http://sylviehanes.ca/2011/02/

I won't meet you on the Camino BUT if I get chosen to be a hospitalera in Santiago, I might see you at the new albergue - I'll be there for 2 weeks (hopefully) - I posted a youtube video to help them make the decision of whom to pick - - I've included it, this way, you can recognize me if you come to the albergue - I'm Sylvie, the Canadian...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmkgSDem ... a7CSiEBIVw

Buen Camino!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Congrats! I might be on the Camino when you are too! I arrive in Madrid on 5/16 and will take the train to Pamplona. From there I'll either start in Roncesvalles, Zubiri or Pamplona on 5/17. I was on the Camino in 2011 and did fairly well, but only did a total of 250 miles. As my name indicates I had pretty bad problems with blisters for awhile! Hope to see you there! :D

mgrussell said:
HI Seamus looking forward to seeing you on the journey - I will be the tall friendly
canuck who loves a good beer! See you soon!

Mark

Hi Mark

Unlike most Irishmen, I've been known to enjoy the occasional beer too ;-)
Only 18 weeks and 1 day to go before my flight and train to St Jean, feel giddy at times thinking about the experience to come, the inner child in me keeps popping out with a big smile. :)

Seamus

A selection of Camino Jewellery
We are going in March 2013. So Excited. You will be starting about when we will be finishing. We are taking our time. Maybe 6 weeks to walk.

Seamus - SJPdp to Santiago in 24 days! Wow! I'm planning on starting 11th May arriving Santiago 15th June and then doing Muxia/Finisterra/Santiago loop. So may well get blown over as you whistle past me! :)
allan

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Al the optimist said:
Seamus - SJPdp to Santiago in 24 days! Wow! I'm planning on starting 11th May arriving Santiago 15th June and then doing Muxia/Finisterra/Santiago loop. So may well get blown over as you whistle past me! :)
allan

Hi Allan, I'm a regular hill walker in Ireland and after 6/7 hour hikes in the rain sodden peat uplands in the Wicklow mountains all winter in full cold weather gear with a 12/13 kg backpack, walking in shorts in warm weather on the senda and forest paths on the camino will seem like being on an escalator ;-) I hope. If Sarria to Santiago is a guide then I'm expecting to walk comfortably at about 5 kms an hour so starting at about 7.30 am daily, walking 6/7 hours a day 1st week and 7/8 hours a day after that and with 2 x 30 minute breaks I'm hoping to finish by 4 pm most days, longest day is likely to be between Boadilla and Calzadilla de la Cueza 43 kms but average of about 33.3 kms including the Dragonte option and Samos. Best laid plans ... but if it starts ceasing to be enjoyable and too much of a drudgery then I'll back down the distance and save Finisterre/Muxia for when I retire. See you in Oficina del Peregrino on the 15th and we'll swap stories.

Buen camino

Seamus

Hello all. Arriving via Ryan Air 23 May. I plan to spend 2 nights in St. Jean for 2 nights just
to relax and to get my emotions in check prior to starting up the hill on the
Morning of the 25th. Gear is all purchased but no where near broken in yet. Got my
Pilgrim Forum Badge in the mail today. Gang, I am so looking forward to this
journey. Flying out of Santiago 29 June to spend Canada Day - 1 July in London.
Hope to see you on the trail.
Brent, Vancouver, Canada

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I'm doing my first Camino around this time too! I'm from Indiana but will be flying from Ireland (Shannon) around May 30 to maybe Madrid and then take a train to start my walk in Pamplona. I haven't figured out the travel logistics yet. Does that sound like a good way to get to Pamplona to begin? I'm so excited! I am blocking out all of June to do my trek. Would appreciate advice and hope to meet some of you out there.

My husband and I have booked our tickets from Florida, USA to Pamplona for May 2nd- will start walking on May 5th! We are so excited and ready to start.
I have been reading on this forum for over a year and now reality is starting to happen- yeah!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hello! I fly into Paris on May 13, 2013. I plan to train to SJPdP for arrival on May 14. Depending on residual jet lag, I hope to begin my first Camino on May 15.
Patrick

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Patrick,
We just bought our tickets also and will be leaving SJPP on May 15 also. So maybe we will see you that morning. We fly into Madrid on 13May and travel up on the 14. It is very exciting isn't it? To finally be going and doing the Camino.
Buen Camino
Nikki
You will see my husband and I with forum patches on our backpacks.

Al the optimist said:
It's a date Seamus (if I make it) :)
allan

Al, if you have any on line access during your camino, check this thread, I'll be bringing a notebook ( not because I can't stand to be off the wire for 4 weeks, just for the stability the extra weight will offer on windy days :oops: ) so will be posting every couple of days. Are you one of those optimists with a pessimistic streak ? :wink:

Seamus

supersullivan said:
I'll be bringing a notebook ( not because I can't stand to be off the wire for 4 weeks, just for the stability the extra weight will offer on windy days :oops: ) Seamus
It can be very windy in the mountains, Seamus. For extra stability, leave the notebook behind, and take the office PC. :wink:

Stephen
http://www.calig.co.uk/camino_de_santiago.htm

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Unfortunately I do not have a pessimistic fibre in my body Seamus. But I am open minded and receptive to input. So to avoid being blown over I will add eating more to my training program to supplement my existing 95K. :)
allan

Stephen Nicholls said:
supersullivan said:
I'll be bringing a notebook ( not because I can't stand to be off the wire for 4 weeks, just for the stability the extra weight will offer on windy days :oops: ) Seamus
It can be very windy in the mountains, Seamus. For extra stability, leave the notebook behind, and take the office PC. :wink:

Stephen

Think I'll give the office PC a miss but was wondering about a solar powered microwave for my lunchtime pot noodles? :roll:

Seamus

Stephen Nicholls said:
supersullivan said:

Stephen

Think I'll give the office PC a miss but was wondering about a solar powered microwave for my lunchtime pot noodles? :roll:

Seamus

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Janet S. said:
I'm doing my first Camino around this time too! I'm from Indiana but will be flying from Ireland (Shannon) around May 30 to maybe Madrid and then take a train to start my walk in Pamplona. I haven't figured out the travel logistics yet. Does that sound like a good way to get to Pamplona to begin? I'm so excited! I am blocking out all of June to do my trek. Would appreciate advice and hope to meet some of you out there.
Hola Janet,
Nothing from Shannon directly to Madrid. However Shannon/Stansted/Madrid then train to Pamplona or Dublin/Madrid and train to Pamplona. Also Dublin/Bilbao bus to Pamplona. Hope this may be of some help. We start Camino 18th March. Hope you enjoy your stay in Ireland and have a great Camino
Slán go fóill.
Buen Camino.
Des :lol:

I'm planning to leave May 8 from NY to Paris (or Madrid) to do the French Way. I have not bought my plane tickets yet, but will do so by next week. I'm taking it slow and might bump into you.

Elizabeth

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Elizabeth ... going from NY to Paris as well but on 5/16 so you will be a bit ahead of us. Flying via British Airways. Then train from Paris to Bayonne for an overnight ... next day to SJPP. Enjoy.... Bob

Update: I finally decided to fly in to Madrid on May 8. I will go to Lourdes first and stay for two or three days there. Hopefully, I could start from SJPP on May 11 or 12. My flights to Madrid and back to USA are the only reservations I made. I pretty much want my schedules to be fluid. I'll let God take control of this one for a change.

Buen Camino!

My sister and I leave California May 14, arriving in Madrid May 15....making our way to SJPP at some point.Thought we would stay in Madrid a couple days first. Now we're thinking we'll get to SJPP and leave are extra days open. We also will have our forum patches. So excited. Started counting down the weeks. Looking forward to meeting some of you
Rhonda

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
supersullivan said:
christy wharton said:

Hi Christy, I'll be on the same flight and train, planning on Route Napoleon on the Thursday so if you want company for a part of the way pm me and I'll pass you on my mobile number.

Buen Camino

Seamus
wow 24 days!!! Army march? Sarria on is easy but the the hills beforehand will not allow 5k/h. The continuous bagpack weight wiil slow you as the days progress, and you will have to slow up to talk to fellow travellers and take in the "cAMINO" sights and happenings etc. I am 67 from limerick on 0851677117 and we may cross paths. Buen Camino

Ill be coming from Ireland 2 May and begin my walk 3 May from SJPP. Although ill be in the Vanguard ahead, hope to see you at some point along the way. Maybe the beach in Finisterre to round it off. Anyone beginning walk on my days, could do with a conversational distraction over the Pyrennes ha.

Christy & Seamus,
My teen daughter & I today booked to arrv. Dublin airport on May 22nd at 5.15am from Boston & on to Biarritz on Ryanair at 9.25am. Our first camino, we're so excited !! We'll be on the Napoleon trail out of SJPDP on Thur 23rd...as far as Logrono for about a week before breaking off to Bilboa agus ar ais go Gaillimh ar feadh seacthain sula filleadh muid abhaile go mBoston aris.

Feicfidh muid an sibh le cunamh De !
Buen camino,
Mike

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
:D
Go n-eirigh an bothar libh!
Una
mBoston said:
Christy & Seamus,
My teen daughter & I today booked to arrv. Dublin airport on May 22nd at 5.15am from Boston & on to Biarritz on Ryanair at 9.25am. Our first camino, we're so excited !! We'll be on the Napoleon trail out of SJPDP on Thur 23rd...as far as Logrono for about a week before breaking off to Bilboa agus ar ais go Gaillimh ar feadh seacthain sula filleadh muid abhaile go mBoston aris.

Buen camino,
Mike

mBoston said:
Christy & Seamus,

Buen camino,
Mike

Hi Mike, I'll see you at the boarding gate in Dublin Airport then, hope the jet lag doesn't hit you too hard for day 1 on the Route Napoleon, of course as a good Kilkenny man I shouldn't really be talking to you after last year's Leinster final but the Camino brings all sorts together. :wink:

Buen Camino

Seamus Suilleabhain

Hola Mike,daughter,Christy & Seamus,
What a combination Galway (Tribes), Kilkenny (Cats), Limerick ( home of Munster rugby). No Clare Bannerman to keep the peace as we go in March
Hope you all have a great trip. Mike & daughter hope you enjoy your weeks visit to Galway before returning to Boston.
Tóg go bóg é.
Slán go fóill.
Buen Camino.
Des. :lol:

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I think this thread on the forum needs to be renamed: 'Camino beware, the Irish are coming'.

:wink:

Seamus

Cinnte a mhac. Look forward to seeing ye at the gate…we’ll have a bit of craic.

Des, sorry we won’t have the pleasure of the Banner County. Go n-eirigh leat a mhac ! Will be v. interested in your Bord Failte report on “the digs” btwn Ronsesvalles & Logrono.

Winter training i mBoston this year is like Stalingrad. Getting out on the trail/hills to try keep up with the Cats & Shannonsiders…can't beat the FCA boots !

Got the Spanish CD’s from library & turned the car into Spanish Gaeltacht. Beidh na cupla focal againn ar dtus an turas agus beidh muid reidh don na Spainneach. Wait 'til they get a blast of "the Fields" & Oro se do bheatha bhaile !! Adios amigos....

Woooooohooooo!

Congrats!

I'm starting on 26th June as I have to wait for my academic term to finish!

Buen Camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
christy wharton said:

Hi Christy,

I don't have my ticket yet but am planning to start from SJPP on May 23 or 24. Would be nice to meet on our journey.

Buen Camino,

Lily

bismith said:
Hello all. Arriving via Ryan Air 23 May. I plan to spend 2 nights in St. Jean for 2 nights just
to relax and to get my emotions in check prior to starting up the hill on the
Morning of the 25th. Gear is all purchased but no where near broken in yet. Got my
Pilgrim Forum Badge in the mail today. Gang, I am so looking forward to this
journey. Flying out of Santiago 29 June to spend Canada Day - 1 July in London.
Hope to see you on the trail.
Brent, Vancouver, Canada

Hi Brent,

Will you be at the Vancouver meeting held by Canadian Company of Pilgrmas on February 16th? If so, it would be cool to meet you as my anticipated start date coincides with yours! If you need details for the meeting, just send me an email.

Cheers,

Lily

mBoston said:

Des, sorry we won’t have the pleasure of the Banner County. Go n-eirigh leat a mhac ! Will be v. interested in your Bord Failte report on “the digs” btwn Ronsesvalles & Logrono.
Agus ar ndóigh, beidh na Dubs seo cúpla mí chun tosaigh oraibh - cuirfimid síos an citeal agus beidh na leapacha cóirithe againn daoibh!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
sergeantmajormammy said:
mBoston said:

Agus ar ndóigh, beidh na Dubs seo cúpla mí chun tosaigh oraibh - cuirfimid síos an citeal agus beidh na leapacha cóirithe againn daoibh!

Go mbainigh sibh go leir taithneamh as an tae agus an craic.
BEANNACHTAI AN CAMINO ORAIBH GO LEIR!
Una

Said another way

Ke vi mbainigh ĉiuj ĝuas la teon kaj craic.
Salutoj la Vojo vi ĉiuj!

То сви ви уживате мбаинигх чај и цраиц.
Поздрав ЦАМИНО вас све!

あなたはすべての紅茶とCRAICを楽しむmbainighこと。
挨拶CAMINOみなさん!

당신은 모든 차와 craic를 즐길 수 mbainigh 것을.
인사말 카미노 모두들!

falcon269 said:
Said another way

Ke vi mbainigh ĉiuj ĝuas la teon kaj craic.
Salutoj la Vojo vi ĉiuj!

То сви ви уживате мбаинигх чај и цраиц.
Поздрав ЦАМИНО вас све!

あなたはすべての紅茶とCRAICを楽しむmbainighこと。
挨拶CAMINOみなさん!

당신은 모든 차와 craic를 즐길 수 mbainigh 것을.
인사말 카미노 모두들!

Falcon

To borrow from an old TV series: 'You're quite the cunning linguist'.

Seamus

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
A chairde go léir,
For anyone reading this thread that might be getting the wrong idea, just for the record “Look forward to seeing ye at the gate…we’ll have a bit of craic”, The reference to craic is NOT in relation to any illegal substance but an Irish term meaning fun and amusement, as in ceol agus craic ( music and fun).
I will be depending on The Lovely Rose of Clare for the Bord Failte report.
Hung up my FCA boots a long time ago but the square bashing is still ringing in my ears.
Someone is going to the Spanish Gaeltacht too often, may it’s the Spanish Arch and after a few visits to Tig Neachtain and The Quays the Spanish will be flowing not to talk of Uncle Arthur !!!
And the Dubs had to get The Clare Man to sort out their hurlers!!!
Slán go fóill.
Buen Camino
Des. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Re: Tickets Bought! APRIL Via de La Plata

I hope to start the Via de la Plata from Seville on April 24thnext. Staying in Triana Backpackers on the night of 23rd. Would love to hear from anyone starting at this time.
Una

Hi all, we are flying Ryanair on 18th May to Biarritz. We have booked Express Bouricot from the airport at 16h00 and have also booked to stay the night in “L’Esprit du Chemin” Albergue as it was highly recommended. There are 3 others booked with Express Bouricot on the 16h00 taxi. It would be nice to find out who you are.

Really looking forward to doing the Camino Frances for the 2nd time.

Ben & Nikki

Out May 28-Flight Cork-Paris,rail Montparnasse-Bayonne and on to SJPDP then on to Orrison ETA 8pm. All sorted apart from the rail. Any one know if SJPDP to Orisson in 2 hours is doable? back Stago-Dub July 2.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Two hours to Orisson would kill me! It depends on your conditioning, of course. :D

Hi, I am posting as C-Team 2. My name is Carol. I walked about 320 miles of the Camino Frances with my family last June and July, raising money for Parkinsons Disease research. The group moved quickly and I was quite a bit slower and had blisteritis :cry: so I had the great opportunity of learning the bus system and how to get a taxi. I was disappointed to not complete the entire way as I planned so I am arriving in Madrid April 23 and making my way to Los Arcos to walk the missing pieces. I call my trip "hop, skip and jump" across the Camino. It goes like this...walkwalkwalkwalkskip walkwalkskipskip....big jump...walkwalkwalk etc. And when I get to Finesterre I am going to take a big jump back to SJPP to meet a friend and walk a week with her before I fly home on May 30. I just know I will meet some of you at some point. I wear a bright pink baseball cap and a blue gregory pack with the forum patch, APOC patch, and the C-Team 2012 patch. And if its raining, my green raincoat will reveal my identity.
Buen Camino to all
Carol of C TEam2

Hello,
I am starting from SJPP on the 28th of April after a day spent as a tourist in SJPP on the 27th. Have booked into Orisson for the night of April 28.,
Anyone going at that time?
Hopefully the weather will allow me to take the Route Napoleon.
Plan to walk to Santiago if all goes well. Return on June3.
Flying from Stanstead April 26, then bus to Bayonne and train to SJPP. Any company?
This forum has helped me a great deal and has answered so many questions that I have had. Ivar, many thanks for this.
How is the WiFi along the way? I plan to take my Ipod to Skype back home and catch up with the family news.
Robbie

My plans changed--I'm doing the whole freakin' thing starting from St Jean on morning of May 17. I will be staying at L'Esprit du Chemin the night of May 16. (flying in to Biarritz May 15 and will stay that night possibly in St Jean de Luz). I will have my forum patch and my ruby red Deuter 40+10 backpack...I hope to meet some of you out there! I don't speak any French except for French fries and crepes. This is going to be my adventure of a lifetime!

I don't even know how to pronounce French words. I shall sound like ree-DEEK-cue-loos!

Janet S. said:
I don't speak any French except for French fries and crepes. This is going to be my adventure of a lifetime!
It will be! Crepes is indeed French, but French fries is American. You'll survive, meet lovely people to help you out, and have the time of your life. Buen Camino! :lol:

Hi all, I am flying Ryanair from Stansted on 31st May to Biarritz and have booked Express Bouricot from the airport at 15h30 - 1600 in order to reach SJPP as early as possible and I will start on June 1st.

If anyone wishes to share my taxi booking just let me know.

I have booked to stay the night in “L’Esprit du Chemin"

I am now really looking forward to my first Camino having taken the first step.....

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I feel compelled to throw my hat in the ring as well...tickets bought!

May 26 NY to Madrid then on to Roncesvalles. I hope to arrive SdC on my 50th birthday June 27. 8)

Stoked! :D

Buen camino to us all!

Damian

Damian27 said:
I feel compelled to throw my hat in the ring as well...tickets bought!

May 26 NY to Madrid then on to Roncesvalles. I hope to arrive SdC on my 50th birthday June 27. 8)

Stoked! :D

Buen camino to us all!

Damian

Damian

Best wishes for your Camino, I did the West Highland Way in Scotland for my 50th a couple of years ago, finished the day before my 50th and then got my 1st tattoo on the morning of the big 50 to 'mark' the occasion. May the sun shine pleasantly on you throughout your adventure.

Seamus

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Starting in Leon on 20th May. Hopefully will meet many of you along the way. Leaving home 12 weeks today! Seriously excited, and a bit nervous :eek:)

Gotta join this lively group and post my May-June dates too! Arriving SJPDP May 16, staying two nights at Gite Ultreia (L'Esprit du Chemin was highly recommended but already booked) and then beginning the walk up to Orisson on May 18. Decided to split the trip over the "big hill" into two days. Better safe than sorry - with my knees! Looking forward to crossing paths with some of you! :D Ciao for now! ~Marguerite

Starting May 3 after spending an evening at l'Ésprit du Chémin. I've replaced almost all the things that broke on my last camino, have my hostels in Barcelona and Madrid booked, changed my return flight to stay in Spain an extra week... Is it too early to start packing?? :p

This trip was supposed to be my motivation to do extremely well this semester at university... but it appears to be having the opposite effect!

See you all on the road to the field of the stars,
Lindsey

We will be leaving around the 13-14th of May, hoping to complete the Camino Frances by the end of June. Will be buying tickets this week and wondered if I fly into Paris, is it possible to get a train to SJPP or should I keep to my original plan - Madrid to Pamplona to SJPP? My granddaughter really wants to see Paris (as this old grandmother may not be able to do another Camino) and I am already flying by the seat of my pants and hoping all will go smoothly. I know there are a few of you who can give me good information and I thank you ahead of time.

Wonzi

Hi,

I´m starting in Logroño the 25th of May. I seems more than possible that some of us will meet during our walk towards the west. I´m looking forward to it. :D

See you out there

// J

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
margiewalks said:
Gotta join this lively group and post my May-June dates too! Arriving SJPDP May 16, staying two nights at Gite Ultreia (L'Esprit du Chemin was highly recommended but already booked) and then beginning the walk up to Orisson on May 18. Decided to split the trip over the "big hill" into two days. Better safe than sorry - with my knees! Looking forward to crossing paths with some of you! :D Ciao for now! ~Marguerite

Hi Margie, leaving St Jean on 23rd May having been lucky enough to get booked into L'esprit du Chemin for the night before :wink: , Aiming for either Roncesvalles or Burguete at end of 1st day so I'm likely to catch you up somewhere between Los Arcos and Logrono, I'll be the pale legged Irishman muttering under his breath about his sanity while smoking a small cigar, forum badge on a blue Lowe-Alpine 45 L pack so say hi if you see me and I'll gladly treat you to a cafe con leche at the next cafe. Good wishes on avoiding knee problems and have a great Camino

Seamus

Leaving for St Jean on 19th April. Got flight tickets, train ticket(to St Jean) and a bed booked in Orisson on the 20th. 67 days to go and counting down! :)

Thanks, Falcon, so now tell me, how long does it take via train to Bayonne?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

wonzi said:

If I remember correctly, the TGV from Paris to Bayonne took about 3 hours, and then another hour or so from Bayonne to St-Jean.

Buen camino,
Lindsey

It takes from 5 hr 04 min. to 5 hr 50 min. from Paris to Bayonne from Montparnasse station. The fare is about 63E. Some trains require a change at Bordeaux and/or Dax. You can get a ticket from Montparnasse to SJPdP, but still will have train changes.

€46,-
Yep...me too! Buen Camino!! Walking with a dear friend...first time for both of us. We're starting around 5/18 and only walking for 2 1/2 to 3 weeks. I really would love to hike the Pyrenees, but not enough time this year....save it for next time. Got a question for folks.....where would you suggest we start our adventure assuming we'll walk 13 ish miles a day? We are going to be gentle with ourselves....not push too hard. Both of us are in relatively good shape, but not "spring chickens" anymore. I love the wilderness, but I also realize that there's less of that in the latter half of the French Way. Any suggestions would be appreciated....hope to see you on the camino! Muchísimas gracías...hasta muy pronto!! Ciao- :)

Kiwiangela said:
Starting in Leon on 20th May. Hopefully will meet many of you along the way. Leaving home 12 weeks today! Seriously excited, and a bit nervous :eek:)

It's so exciting I agree, and a bit nerve racking, even through I've had "a taste" of the Camino before (2 weeks in 2009).

Though I am starting in Burgos, I should be in Leon around May 19th or 20th (planning a rest stop there), and going onwards through Mazariffe. I see we are both forecasting June 3 as our potential arrival date to Santiago. Hope to see you on the route.

Sheesh

falcon269 said:
It takes from 5:04 to 5:50 hours from Paris to Bayonne from Montparnasse station. The fare is about 63E. Some trains require a change at Bordeaux and/or Dax. You can get a ticket from Montparnasse to SJPdP, but still will have train changes.

Is there a typo here?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
supersullivan said:
Best wishes for your Camino, I did the West Highland Way in Scotland for my 50th a couple of years ago, finished the day before my 50th and then got my 1st tattoo on the morning of the big 50 to 'mark' the occasion. May the sun shine pleasantly on you throughout your adventure.

Seamus

Thanks for the good wishes mate!

I can imagine how amazing the highlands must have been. I'll have to pay Scotland a visit one day. If I have enough time post-camino I'm taking a quick side trip to East Anglia to see my sister.

Stay safe!

Damian

supersullivan said:
I think this thread on the forum needs to be renamed: 'Camino beware, the Irish are coming'.
If it weren't for the Irish what would us English do, they build all our houses

Trevor

Seamus

christy wharton said:

Hi Christy, I am arriving at Bayonne on the overnite train from Paris on May 22nd and transferring to train to SJPdP. Booked for one nite at L'Esprit du Chemin. Will start morning of May 23rd with first night in Orisson. Perhaps we can walk a bit together :D . Lily

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Only able to do half of the camino this first trip, so we're starting in Leon and going to Muxia. Hope to see you along the way. Walking with two dear friends....Isa and Patrice. Buen Camino, amigos! Ciao-

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back