• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Time to stop lurking.

BoxOfFrogs

Hi folks,

I have been lurking here for a while now. Decided I should pop in and say hi. My name is Steve, I'm from England. I will be attempting my first camino, the camino France's in a few weeks time. I leave on the 28th August with the intention of setting off on the 29th.

Thanks to all the wonderful advice ( and often humor!) that can be found on this forum. It has been a real help in getting my preparations done. I have been posting on a different forum, yet I have been lurking here longer! I really don't know why?

So, hope to see some of you along the way.

Buen camino!

Steve.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Buen Camino Steve! You'll have a great time. :D

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Buen Camino, I'm a week behind you.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Buen Camino Steve. I will be right behind you. I plan to leave from SJP on the 30th Aug.

Suzanne

Manitougirl said:
Buen Camino Steve. I will be right behind you. I plan to leave from SJP on the 30th Aug.

Suzanne

We will starting on the same day; I am a slow walker so I will catch/see you along the way.
moraneigel

I love this title. I think it is common with all of us, we like to know where we are going and with what, I agree this is a fabulously helpful site to all kinds of gear to take, what to expect, and the necessities. My partner and I are starting in May next year and taking several months. He is a photographer so it will be a heavy and slow walk. We plan to camp and take it all in, we are not in a rush and do not mind if we only do 5 to 10 kms at a time. Thus we are taking a tent. I am currently looking into a Chinese website like eBay. They sell everything. Backpacks, gear and are very reasonable. The Alto poncho or the like will be our rain gear with layers and gaiters. We do hope this will be enough.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks for the encouragement And Buen caminos! Feels strange that it really is just around the corner now. Not long at all.

I seem to keep finding people either starting 1 day ahead, or 1 day behind me. Makes me wonder, what does everyone know that I don't! Ha, only joking I was motivated by the fact it was the cheapest flight at the time. More beer money you see.

Regards,

Steve.

BoxOfFrogs said:
More beer money you see.
Yes, you'll need that. :D Buen Camino!

Buen Camino Steve! Welcome to the forum. I have been so called "lurking" on here for a couple months in preparation for taking off MIddle to end of September for Camino Frances. I joined on just today so I could start to contribute to this forum, rather than just read. I am a first time Camino-er as well........ I hear September is a great time to start off the trek....... :)

-Shanetta

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Well so far so good. The weather has been perfect and the people and views amazing! I am in logroño now and don't remember feeling so chilled out and relaxed.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.