• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Too Much Time!

Frankybaby66

Time of past OR future Camino
Last Camino Sep 23 Camino Portuguese (Central)
I made the mistake of pre-booking a flight home before I went on the Camino Portuguese. Basically, I've allowed to much time even with doing the Variente Espiritual.
I walk into Santiago tomorrow (Weds) and fly home to the uk on Sunday afternoon. Not enough time to do the route to Finisterre/ Muxia.
Any ideas???

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I made the mistake of pre-booking a flight home before I went on the Camino Portuguese. Basically, I've allowed to much time even with doing the Variente Espiritual.
I walk into Santiago tomorrow (Weds) and fly home to the uk on Sunday afternoon. Not enough time to do the route to Finisterre/ Muxia.
Any ideas???
FYI: tomorrow is Thursday.
Don't get your days mixed up and miss your flight

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Three days or so in Santiago? Perfect! Now you’ll have a chance to explore an amazing city beyond the Cathedral, Pilgrim Office and the Obradoiro. There’s enough “favourite” restaurants to feed an army and there’s always Johnnie Walker’s route of routes that takes you on a circular tour of all the “pilgrim” gates to Santiago. Actually, 3 days ain’t enough

Last edited:
Three days or so in Santiago? Perfect! Now you’ll have a chance to explore an amazing city beyond the Cathedral, Pilgrim Office and the Obradoiro. There’s enough “favourite” restaurants to feed an army and there’s always Johnny Walker’s route of routes that takes you on a circular tour of all the “pilgrim” gates to Santiago. Actually, 3 days ain’t enough
Johnny Walker as in whisky? Surprised that I hadn't thought of it before . . . 🤣

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
You could spend one night in Santiago, and then take the bus to Finisterre and Muxia. Spend one night in each and be back in plenty of time for your flight home.
Another option is to walk from Muxía to Finisterre. Or start with the bus and walk the last 1 or 2 days to Finisterre.
On https://www.monbus.es you can look e. g. for the bus from Santiago (Estacíon Intermodal) to Muxía... but you have to seek for Muxía (and not Muxia as I did on my last camino some days ago... and did not find anything on the website).

Last edited:
Simply enjoy the beautiful city of Santiago, first as a pilgrim and then the next days as a tourist!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
It is really nice to spend a day in Finisterre and one in Muxia. Wonderful places. I was super interested in watching the live fish market in Finisterre. So many different kinds of fish being auctioned. They have a viewing platform where you can see everything from above and quietly observe.

I also love to sit out at the church in Muxia and watch the waves rolling in. So beautiful and calming despite the turbulent waters.
20230629_103521.jpg

It is really nice to spend a day in Finisterre and one in Muxia. Wonderful places. I was super interested in watching the live fish market in Finisterre. So many different kinds of fish being auctioned. They have a viewing platform where you can see everything from above and quietly observe.

I also love to sit out at the church in Muxia and watch the waves rolling in. So beautiful and calming despite the turbulent waters.
View attachment 156345
Could you please tell me more about the fish market? I would love to see that next year.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
20230627_165042.jpg20230627_165054.jpg20230627_165111.jpg20230627_165148.jpg

There is a sign outside with the hours. It is right next to the harbor and across the street from shops and restaurants in Finisterre.

View attachment 156358View attachment 156359View attachment 156360View attachment 156361

There is a sign outside with the hours. It is right next to the harbor and across the street from shops and restaurants in Finisterre.
OMG i had no clue. I am so going to go.

OMG i had no clue. I am so going to go.
Guess what? I had a big pile of razor clams a few hours later for supper knowing they came from across the street.

Also watched fishermen with their catch at Muxia sorting the fish. They took the "best" over to the restaurant and we watched diners getting to pick out their fish to be cooked that night. How fresh can you get? The rest went to the auction bound for shops in Santiago and beyond.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Simply enjoy the beautiful city of Santiago, first as a pilgrim and then the next days as a tourist!
I know it's beautiful- it's my 5th visit though.
It will be fun revisiting some places though

There is absolutely enough time to walk to the coast. Thur-- Sat walking will get you into either F or M, take a look around, then grab a bus back to SdC that same day. I've done that twice. I always prefer walking in the country to hanging around a city. Just my thing. HYOH.

Buen Camino,
Jo Jo

Any ideas???
Relax, enjoy the scenery maybe take the daily bus tour… it is very enjoyable

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Any ideas???
Just curious -- how many days did it take you, and did that include any rest days?

You could, or you could enjoy Santiago.
SO much to see!
The rooftop tour,
the Museu Pobo Gallego (a FANTASTIC folk museum),
shopping in the open air market,
several very cool churches to visit to see art.
You could take a bus to/from Finisterra.
Go clothes shopping up above the city walls - quality of clothing in Spain much surpasses anything I can find in the USA these days.
LOTS to do in Santiago. I'd have no trouble filling up 3 days.

Three days or so in Santiago? Perfect! Now you’ll have a chance to explore an amazing city beyond the Cathedral, Pilgrim Office and the Obradoiro. There’s enough “favourite” restaurants to feed an army and there’s always Johnny Walker’s route of routes that takes you on a circular tour of all the “pilgrim” gates to Santiago. Actually, 3 days ain’t enough
Where do I find Johnnywalkers Route of Routes???

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
What about a day trip to Cathedrals Beach? I’ve seen a documentary the other day and it’s so beautiful! I know there’re tours from Santiago

The same thing happened to my in 2017! I rented a car at the airport and drove to both Finisterre and Muxia then spent a night in Finisterre.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Any ideas???
Take the bus to Finisterre for a day or go to San Xenxo for a couple of days.

View attachment 156358View attachment 156359View attachment 156360View attachment 156361

Thank you! That looks really interesting 🙂

You could, or you could enjoy Santiago.
SO much to see!
The rooftop tour,
the Museu Pobo Gallego (a FANTASTIC folk museum),
shopping in the open air market,
several very cool churches to visit to see art.
You could take a bus to/from Finisterra.
Go clothes shopping up above the city walls - quality of clothing in Spain much surpasses anything I can find in the USA these days.
LOTS to do in Santiago. I'd have no trouble filling up 3 days.
The museum sounds very interesting 😘 I have a day to look around Santiago after I get there.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Lots of good ideas above. For me, I’d likely pick a path out of town I'd never been on and go out and back each day.

Three days or so in Santiago? Perfect! Now you’ll have a chance to explore an amazing city beyond the Cathedral, Pilgrim Office and the Obradoiro. There’s enough “favourite” restaurants to feed an army and there’s always Johnnie Walker’s route of routes that takes you on a circular tour of all the “pilgrim” gates to Santiago. Actually, 3 days ain’t enough
I agree. I stayed 3 nights in Santiago in June when I finished Camino Frances. Loved every minute of it. Still more restaurants I want to go to when I return when I do the Camino Portuguese next year. I few pilgrims I walked with said they wished they would have allowed for more than one night in Santiago.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.
I’ll be finishing the Caminho Português next month. Last year I wore Hoka Challenger 6 ATR shoes. I did have some blisters and foot pain, but a lot could have been due to the 30+km days from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back