A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

2019 Camino Guides

Tour Options

Camino(s) past & future
July/August 2017 - Astorga to Finesterre
Our family of 7 hopes to arrive in Santiago on the 9th of August in time for Mass, and then head to the coast on the 10th (we fly out of Santiago on the 11th). We were thinking of just taking a bus, and then began to see a variety of tour options that would allow us to see more places more compactly than we could venturing out on our own. Having walked for two weeks, I think we might enjoy an easy ride that delivers us back to Santiago that same night.

What are your thoughts forum friends? Is one company better than another? Love to hear your thoughts.
(we leave Denver, CO on Tuesday morning - we are giddy excited!)
-Diane

SabineP

Camino = Empathy + Compassion.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
Our family of 7 hopes to arrive in Santiago on the 9th of August in time for Mass, and then head to the coast on the 10th (we fly out of Santiago on the 11th). We were thinking of just taking a bus, and then began to see a variety of tour options that would allow us to see more places more compactly than we could venturing out on our own. Having walked for two weeks, I think we might enjoy an easy ride that delivers us back to Santiago that same night.

What are your thoughts forum friends? Is one company better than another? Love to hear your thoughts.
(we leave Denver, CO on Tuesday morning - we are giddy excited!)
-Diane
Hi Diane,

Enjoy the preparations.

A friend of mine used this company and liked it very much.
http://www.galiciaincoming.com/paquete/excursin-fisterra-costa-da-morte-vilas-marieiras

SabineP

Camino = Empathy + Compassion.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
Thank you!!! This is one on my list of options. We are staying at the Seminario Menor, so perhaps this would be our easiest option.
Price also doable because a single ticket SdC to Finisterre for the bus is already 13.10 €

Another option is to book a private taxi and organise the trip yourself.

When I travelled back from Finisterre to SdC a couple of pilgrims and I shared a taxi making it as expensive as the bus.

Wahtever you decide : enjoy.

Camino(s) past & future
July/August 2017 - Astorga to Finesterre
Price also doable because a single ticket SdC to Finisterre for the bus is already 13.10 €

Another option is to book a private taxi and organise the trip yourself.

When I travelled back from Finisterre to SdC a couple of pilgrims and I shared a taxi making it as expensive as the bus.

Wahtever you decide : enjoy.
We are 7 people - would 1 taxi be large enough?

movinmaggie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015) Scotland GGW (2017) Primitivo
Nice that you are giving the business to locals. Sounds like an amazing family experience; one you can share for years.

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.8%
  • May

Votes: 186 24.5%