Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Train from Bilbao

Hello,

I am from the US and will be walking the Camino from Leon in July with my 80-year-old mother (who is Swiss, so is used to walking ...)

Could someone please give me the website for the trains from Bilbao to Leon and from Santiago back to Bilbao (and/or any other helpful information about the trains.) We will be on a self-guided tour from Leon to Santiago. We will be flying into Bilbao because she wants to see the Guggenheim.

Recommendations for a nice (but not fancy) hotel in Bilbao?

Are there day excursions from Bilbao to Pamplona or is this easy to do by regular bus? If so, how do I find bus schedules, where they go from, etc.

Lastly, best way to get from airport in Bilbao into town?

Thank you, Gail Kelley

p.s. I will be happy to share any/all information anyone wants about visiting my hometown of Washington DC.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
gskwy said:
Hello,

I am from the US and will be walking the Camino from Leon in July with my 80-year-old mother (who is Swiss, so is used to walking ...)

Could someone please give me the website for the trains from Bilbao to Leon and from Santiago back to Bilbao (and/or any other helpful information about the trains.) We will be on a self-guided tour from Leon to Santiago. We will be flying into Bilbao because she wants to see the Guggenheim.

There is an interesting trip from Bilboa to Oveido on the FEVE
Your mother is entitled to a CARTA Azul which can be obtained
at the FEVE ticket office in Bilboa (Main Station) so she can
travel very inexpensively. In Oveido you can change trains to Leon.
If you stay overnight in Oveido there is a refugio you can stay at..
You can also catch the FEVE in Santander for the trip back if you
want a bit of an adventure.
Ursus Arctos

Thank you, Gail Kelley

p.s. I will be happy to share any/all information anyone wants about visiting my hometown of Washington DC.

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Nov 2, 2004
ZA
www.amawalkerscamino.com
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Bilbao to Leon

There is a youth hostel in Bilbao - Albergue Bilbao -

Location Autobus nº 58 que se coge en el Arenal , calle Hurtado de Amézaga o calle Autonomía.
Address Carretera Basurto Kastrexana 70, Bilbao
Website albergue.bilbao.net
Telephone +34 94 427-0054
Fax +34 94 427-5479

You can book onlin at Hotelz.com

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Ursus Arctos said:
There is an interesting trip from Bilboa to Oveido on the FEVE
Your mother is entitled to a CARTA Azul which can be obtained
at the FEVE ticket office in Bilboa (Main Station) so she can
travel very inexpensively. In Oveido you can change trains to Leon.

FEVE also run a direct train Bilbao-Leon, 1 train a day
http://www.feve.es/02/lineas/linea1037.html

Most read last week in this forum

Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides